OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 152  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:40 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

drl perfect III wrote:
Our oldest daughter married her fiancé on Saturday, March 27 in Spokane WA. We weren't able to attend because of course, border Covid restrictions. We haven't seen her in person since Dec. 31, 2019. They are planning a family sooner rather than later because she will be 37 years old in July. Which means my grandchild(ren) will be American.

Congratulations. That said, it is a real shame that you couldn't be there in person. I hope they Skyped or Zoomed the event.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:23 am 
OTP Historian

drl perfect III wrote:
Our oldest daughter married her fiancé on Saturday, March 27 in Spokane WA. We weren't able to attend because of course, border Covid restrictions. We haven't seen her in person since Dec. 31, 2019. They are planning a family sooner rather than later because she will be 37 years old in July. Which means my grandchild(ren) will be American.

I'm sorry that you couldn't be there, good Dr. Hopefully soon...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:24 am 
OTPoliceman

Thanks to all of you. This is the second daughter married with number 2 daughter doing the deed in October of 2019. And yes Kyle, we did our OTP Vancouver meet n greet in 2004 when she was 20 years old. Now they are all 36, 31 and 26 with the oldest and youngest having birthdays upcoming this summer.
BTW a late congratulations to Skip and Mrs Skip for joining the Permanent Vacation club.
Just had my first AZ vaccination Thursday. Next one in 4 months, then hopefully we can cross over the 49th.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:10 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Walking along a road in a very expensive suburban town today and one of the guys in our group starts yelling and jumps to the side. I thought there was roadkill or a bee hive. 7 empty tubes of KY and a whole pile of panties. All kinds. And no, I didn't verify the tubes were empty; another guy did with a twig. Ewwwww.

The shit you see on the sides of roads...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:27 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Hello, my name is tCL and I have a problem with these:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:22 am 

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Hello, my name is tCL and I have a problem with these:

The cure to it is to sing "gummyyyyyy shark do-do, do-do do-do..." You'll annoy yourself out of eating them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:50 am 
OTP Historian

I've been destroying 1kg bags of wine gums lately.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:05 am 
Old Man of the Post

Yeah, i'll buy a 1lb. Tub at Walmart and can eat the entire tub in during the course of a workday... Made the mistake of reading the dietary summary... 7 sharks is 1/4 of my daily sugar cap...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:04 am 
Big in Japan

Is this candy addicts anonymous? If so, I'd like to confess my addiction to Jolly Rancher Misfit sours. Gonna have to hit the gym when they reopen...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:44 am 

E.L. wrote:
Is this candy addicts anonymous? If so, I'd like to confess my addiction to Jolly Rancher Misfit sours. Gonna have to hit the gym when they reopen...

Peanut butter M&Ms for me. I think they have heroine in them because they're pretty good, but I find a bag in my hand without knowing I bought them. Then I wonder wtf I went into the gas station store for, when I paid at the pump. Weird brainwashing shit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:05 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Peanut butter M&Ms for me. I think they have heroine in them because they're pretty good, but I find a bag in my hand without knowing I bought them. Then I wonder wtf I went into the gas station store for, when I paid at the pump. Weird brainwashing shit.

I had a problem with Peanut M&Ms... I'd go through a 2lb. bag in one or two afternoons...

So to kick that habit, I went to Red Twizzlers... Again, a 2lb. "Family Size" bag over the course of two or three afternoons...

So I've successfully weaned myself off those with Gummy Sharks... I've put on probably 5lbs these last six months. I blame COVID.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:08 pm 

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

I had a problem with Peanut M&Ms... I'd go through a 2lb. bag in one or two afternoons...

So to kick that habit, I went to Red Twizzlers... Again, a 2lb. "Family Size" bag over the course of two or three afternoons...

So I've successfully weaned myself off those with Gummy Sharks... I've put on probably 5lbs these last six months. I blame COVID.

Yeah, I had lost like 20 lbs prior to covid. They found me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:03 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:09 pm 
OTP Historian

Cherry Coke in cans is back! Had to actually go to the store for a couple of things and they had 12-packs! None of this $2.25 for a single 591mL bottle bullshit.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:08 pm 

Mechanics suck dog balls. Been through like 5 in the past few years. Got Miss18.1's car inspected recently and it passed. Barely driven at all since then, I went to check the rims because the tires are making a sound like there's a bent rim. Turns out the alignment must be totally fucked because the tires are balder than me on the insides, which is what's making the noise. I called the guy to ask how it passed inspection like that and he said "you said it's your daughter's car. I was doing you a favor and saving you money." I said "dude, I mentioned it's my kid's car because I want to make sure it's SAFE, not cheap." "Oh, well that's where you and I differ." Yeah, that and him being a total dick.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:38 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Mechanics suck dog balls. Been through like 5 in the past few years. Got Miss18.1's car inspected recently and it passed. Barely driven at all since then, I went to check the rims because the tires are making a sound like there's a bent rim. Turns out the alignment must be totally fucked because the tires are balder than me on the insides, which is what's making the noise. I called the guy to ask how it passed inspection like that and he said "you said it's your daughter's car. I was doing you a favor and saving you money." I said "dude, I mentioned it's my kid's car because I want to make sure it's SAFE, not cheap." "Oh, well that's where you and I differ." Yeah, that and him being a total dick.

Fucking hell. I changed over 2 neighbour's tires on Sunday and even that just makes me a little bit nervous because they're driving their kids.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:20 am 
King of Men

Freshly caught Alaskan Halibut on the way! Stocked up the Fridge with some Dos Equis Amber....can't wait to bread the halibut and throw it on some rice with a brown beer. Doesn't get any better than that!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:45 am 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Fucking hell. I changed over 2 neighbour's tires on Sunday and even that just makes me a little bit nervous because they're driving their kids.

Turned out to be worse than an alignment and tires- the front struts were shot, which is why the tires wore so unevenly on the insides. And the mechanic had JUST replaced the rear shocks. You'd think he'd look at the front end... So this all cost me like $1900. It was time though. The car has 159k miles and none of that was ever done. No wonder it rode with all the shock damping of a skateboard with tight trucks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:32 pm 

My wife insisted I eat all my broccoli. She is going to PAY for that! :twisted:
Be glad you are not in this house. The dogs keep going to the door to go out...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:20 am 
OTP Clown

I have indoor dinner reservations for Friday night. I'm planning my first group therapy sessions in over a year. I'm starting to teach classes for humans in person again. I am so fucking stoked about this. And next week? I get my second jab.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 152  Next