OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 152  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Thoughts
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:26 am 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
I don't get it, why is J21 all bent outta shape over the Toronto FC Cup win? I get he's a BC (Go Whitecaps!) boy through and through but c'mon.

I haven't seen his reasoning, but I did see a tweet about TFC being the Yankees vs AAA teams.

Same "Cool market" thing that bothered him about the NHL?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:10 am 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
I don't get it, why is J21 all bent outta shape over the Toronto FC Cup win? I get he's a BC (Go Whitecaps!) boy through and through but c'mon.

I haven't seen his reasoning, but I did see a tweet about TFC being the Yankees vs AAA teams.

Same "Cool market" thing that bothered him about the NHL?

TFC outspent the other teams by a fair bit: http://www.denverpost.com/2017/04/25/ml ... olls-2017/

Since MLS isn't much of a developmental league, it's easier to buy a victory with old vets.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:36 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Oh, I get it now. Oh well, Toronto cared a whole lot more about an MLS Cup than most American cities would.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:54 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Those 5-10 seconds you really wonder about your anti-freeze colored urine, only to remember you've started taking multi-vitamins again...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:41 pm 
Big in Japan

I stubbed my baby toe so hard it swelled up to three times its regular size. I can't even put my winter boots on. Without a doubt the stupidest injury I've ever suffered.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:13 pm 

E.L. wrote:
I stubbed my baby toe so hard it swelled up to three times its regular size. I can't even put my winter boots on. Without a doubt the stupidest injury I've ever suffered.

Broke mine last summer, had to wear sandals for a couple weeks. Luckily it was the season for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:19 pm 

E.L. wrote:

Sucks. Done it too.

I'll have to think about the stupidest injury I've suffered. I've had so many. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:43 pm 
King of the One-Liner

drunkenly kicked a pile of sand at night that turned out to be a rock. The lost big toe nail did grow back in time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:33 pm 

I rarely get sick, and almost never take medicine. I've currently got pneumonia, a head cold and an ear infection. I'm about to start main-lining DayQuil and NyQuil. :fffffuck:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:57 am 

Chris18 wrote:
I rarely get sick, and almost never take medicine. I've currently got pneumonia, a head cold and an ear infection. I'm about to start main-lining DayQuil and NyQuil. :fffffuck:

Could be worse, could have happened the first week of the new job, now you have time to recover. But ear infections really do suck.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:40 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Could be worse, could have happened the first week of the new job, now you have time to recover. But ear infections really do suck.

Yeah, I have a physical tomorrow for the new job though. I asked if that includes a lung capacity test and it does. They're going to think I smoke 2 packs/day. :lol: I'm bringing all my prescriptions to show them I'm usually healthy. relatively.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:02 am 
OTP Historian

Got a new work laptop and I've discovered how much I use the Home and End keys because now I have to hit the function key(which also fucks up my CTRL usage because of placement) to use those keys and it's annoying as fuck.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:02 am 
Chaser, Wearer of Skirts

I think I need to work on my image. The other evening I was riding on the bus. It was pretty full. I was sitting there minding my own business, all "normal" like. There was a scruffy, middle age guy making his was through the bus panhandling. Yeah he's a bit nuts and I know he's not supposed to be panning on the bus, but it doesn't bother me the way it bugs other people. As he makes his way through the bus toward me I can see that people are irritated. Not me. I already have a loonie to give him in my hand. Here he comes.
"Spare some change?", "Spare some change?", "Spare some change?"
He looks at me, stops, points, and says, "Okay!" And he keeps going.
I'm not sure how to react, I turn around and say, "I have money!"
He turns around, looks at me and keeps going.
Nuts guy thinks I'm nuts. Everyone else looks at me like I'm nuts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:55 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

farang wrote:
I think I need to work on my image. The other evening I was riding on the bus. It was pretty full. I was sitting there minding my own business, all "normal" like. There was a scruffy, middle age guy making his was through the bus panhandling. Yeah he's a bit nuts and I know he's not supposed to be panning on the bus, but it doesn't bother me the way it bugs other people. As he makes his way through the bus toward me I can see that people are irritated. Not me. I already have a loonie to give him in my hand. Here he comes.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:35 am 

farang wrote:

I've had the same thing happen. It's like homeless dudes think we're homeless as well. Or close enough that if we give them $1 we'll be next to them soon, essentially becoming panning competition.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:13 am 
OTP Historian

I had a hot blonde Colombian girl sit beside me on the subway once and talk to me, asking about a Subdoku I was doing. Spoke hardly any English and gave me a peck on the cheek when we got off of the train. Had been with Anam for a while though so that was that. Might have been a trap? Don't know.

Also had a panhandler at an intersection look over to Anam and tell her that her boyfriend has beautiful sideburns :lol: They were in need of a trim at that point :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:51 pm 
OTP Clown

farang wrote:

Wild!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:52 pm 
OTPoliceman

Test

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:53 pm 
OTPoliceman

drl perfect III wrote:
Test

Good. Been having problems signing on and posting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:29 am 
King of Men

farang wrote:

F'n Awesome....

My wife swears by Elderberry syrup that you can get at Vitamin cottage. I thought it was voodoo but it does actually work when you start to feel sick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 152  Next