OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 152  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Thoughts
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:29 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Congratulations Skip - well earned!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:58 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Pokecheque wrote:
Yes Skip, enjoy retirement.

I assume you still hold office though?

Yes, I am still holding all my offices.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:34 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

RW wrote:
Yes, I am still holding all my offices.

Wonderful news sir. I am currently in my second term as a Notary Public, which is the same thing except not at all the same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:06 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
Wonderful news sir. I am currently in my second term as a Notary Public, which is the same thing except not at all the same thing.

So what you're saying is, when someone needs you, you'll have vanished for a few hours with no notice, no cell service, and be completely invisible to all carrier pigeons.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:57 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
So what you're saying is, when someone needs you, you'll have vanished for a few hours with no notice, no cell service, and be completely invisible to all carrier pigeons.

Totally. We Notaries Public are always not here when you need us.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:49 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Many, many congratulations to you and Mrs. RW, Skip! Enjoy retirement!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:51 pm 

I'm not saying I'd actually eat a shit sandwich, but if it was presented to me on a pretzel bun, I'd consider it for far longer than I should admit to.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:18 pm 

I know my farts are particularly foul when within seconds of letting go my dog gets up from his bed to go to another room.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:57 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
I know my farts are particularly foul when within seconds of letting go my dog gets up from his bed to go to another room.

That's pretty bad, but also impressive! :viking:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:06 am 

Random story more than thought, but my neighbor just went by and reminded me that I don't like her. So that's kind of a thought.

Their family's cars kept getting egged. Just them. Nobody else in the neighborhood (and no, it wasn't by me). She called the police after like the 5th time. It kept happening. One day she called the cops to say there were "gang signs" drawn all over her car. Straight from the Karen Files... So the cops come to look at it, sniff the "medium" used to draw the symbols and then say to her "maam, I don't think too many dangerous gangs are around here, let alone make it a habit to use chocolate syrup to draw their symbols." He looked at them from a few angles and then added "and umm, I don't know how to say this without sounding offensive, but those aren't gang signs. They're penises. See here are the, umm, well, you know, the two.... And then. Yeah."

So not only was she going full Karen by calling the cops over chocolate syrup dicks, but she basically announced that despite having 2 children, 1 being a son, and being married for like 25 years, she didn't know what a dick looked like.

And this story was told to me by one of the cops who was on the scene.

And it turned out that there's a very good chance their cars were being egged because they kept ordering delivery- and not tipping. At all.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:34 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Spent the last two weekends with an electric jackhammer and basalt boulders the size of sumo wrestlers. I'm glad I don't have to do that for a living.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:16 am 

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Spent the last two weekends with an electric jackhammer and basalt boulders the size of sumo wrestlers. I'm glad I don't have to do that for a living.

Jackhammering sounds fun but after a few minutes really isn't. We rented a Bobcat with a jackhammer mounted on it to attempt to remove a concrete pad when we moved our bike factory. We spent all day hammering this stupid pad but it kept coming apart in tiny pieces. There was a shitload of rebar in it. About a year later we met a guy who worked on installing the pad. He told us they'd had a ton of rebar from another job and nobody wanted to store it, so they used it all in our pad. We gave up trying to remove it about 5% of the way in. There was so much dust in the air and the Bobcat had lights on it- the scene looked like a moon excavation or something. Wish we had gotten video.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:22 am 
King of the One-Liner

Used air and electric Jackhammers back in my construction worker days. Hated it. The buzzing and pins and needles in my hands would take a while to go away.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:33 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Chris18 wrote:
Jackhammering sounds fun but after a few minutes really isn't.

That, in one sentence, perfectly captures the experience.

Hounsy wrote:
The buzzing and pins and needles in my hands would take a while to go away.

The only thing worse is the tendinitis that came from trying to use a rock chisel and mallet to try and chip away at that the day before I gave up and rented a jackhammer. A week later and I'm still downing ibuprofen to manage the discomfort in my right elbow.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:22 pm 

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Jackhammering sounds fun but after a few minutes really isn't.

That, in one sentence, perfectly captures the experience.

That was a nice way of telling me I should have just shut up there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:41 am 
OTP Historian

Fogghorn wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:12 pm 

Logical Progression wrote:
Hounsy wrote:
Bob and Doug go to space would have been a good SCTV skit I guess.
Or major motion picture. :lol:

Beer Hunter in zero grav lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:08 am 
OTPoliceman

Our oldest daughter married her fiancé on Saturday, March 27 in Spokane WA. We weren't able to attend because of course, border Covid restrictions. We haven't seen her in person since Dec. 31, 2019. They are planning a family sooner rather than later because she will be 37 years old in July. Which means my grandchild(ren) will be American.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:06 am 

drl perfect III wrote:
Our oldest daughter married her fiancé on Saturday, March 27 in Spokane WA. We weren't able to attend because of course, border Covid restrictions. We haven't seen her in person since Dec. 31, 2019. They are planning a family sooner rather than later because she will be 37 years old in July. Which means my grandchild(ren) will be American.

Wow. Whirlwind of emotions. Congrats on being a father in law. Sorry you couldn't be at the wedding. I hope you get to see them soon. Welcome to the extended American family. We're not all as bad as you hear.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:23 am 

Chris18 wrote:
drl perfect III wrote:

Wow. Whirlwind of emotions. Congrats on being a father in law. Sorry you couldn't be at the wedding. I hope you get to see them soon. Welcome to the extended American family. We're not all as bad as you hear.

I'm sure I can remember you talking about her being 20 years old, and it was just a couple years..............ahhh wait a minute, we've known each other that long friggin long, she's now 37?

So sorry you couldn't make it. Hopefully she's living in Spokane not just marrying there, as that is not too, too far away. 1 day trip, so still a lot of opportunity to see your grand kids grow up and turn them into Nucks fans. Or you could be a better grandfather and turn then away from a lifetime of pain and suffering and make sure they're not Nucks fans. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 152  Next