OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 152  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Thoughts
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:50 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I fixed my ice maker. Damn thing had overfilled somehow and froze like a tundra. Had to use a heat gun to melt it free to remove... But I fixed it. Fuck you appliance gremlins!

Now, I'm coming for you in the John Deere... And I'm pissed about having to use the old push mower all summer. So watch yourselves!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:13 pm 
OTP Historian

Stinky wrote:
Hounsy wrote:
My post vasectomy sample kit instructions said the sample can be taken by "coitus withdrawal"

iiam:

:haha:

or you could just fill a cup yourself..

:woop: :woop:

This is the only option I was given. :fap:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:30 pm 
Queen of the Random Thought

HEY! I remembered my password!
:Butch:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:31 pm 
Big in Japan

PattyLa16 wrote:

Welcome back! The Sabres might be good now!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:33 pm 

E.L. wrote:
PattyLa16 wrote:

Welcome back! The Sabres might be good now!

*fingers crossed*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:30 pm 
King of the One-Liner

PattyLa16 wrote:

That is a sign you may be to young to hang with us. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:51 pm 
OTPoliceman

PattyLa16 wrote:

Hi Patty. Welcome back.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:50 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Dril has a show now!?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:30 pm 
Big in Japan

Gord Downie died two years ago today, and damned if I'm not reminded of him through music or some obscure Canadian reference at least once a week.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:50 pm 

Does "If it's too loud, you're too old" still apply if my kids are blasting shit like Shakira? I know adults are always supposed to hate kids' music, but that is pure shit right there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:23 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Does "If it's too loud, you're too old" still apply if my kids are blasting shit like Shakira? I know adults are always supposed to hate kids' music, but that is pure shit right there.

I truly didn't realize until recently just how much of popular music is unadulterated garbage, no matter what the year. On the 80s channel on Sirius XM they do a countdown of the Top 40 of a given week in a given year from the era and I almost always have to turn it off (except maybe 1983, which combined the mighty powers of Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Prince, and a whole lot of other acts to make it...palatable). We just don't remember it being garbage because the music was so forgettable. We...forgot about it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:47 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

I truly didn't realize until recently just how much of popular music is unadulterated garbage, no matter what the year. On the 80s channel on Sirius XM they do a countdown of the Top 40 of a given week in a given year from the era and I almost always have to turn it off (except maybe 1983, which combined the mighty powers of Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Prince, and a whole lot of other acts to make it...palatable). We just don't remember it being garbage because the music was so forgettable. We...forgot about it.

The 80's were always pretty bad, the decade that music forgot how to rock. But I find the older I get the more I can tolerate pretty much anything. No longer find joy in the snob appeal of disparaging someone else's choices.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:59 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
The 80's were always pretty bad, the decade that music forgot how to rock. But I find the older I get the more I can tolerate pretty much anything. No longer find joy in the snob appeal of disparaging someone else's choices.

You and I are always gonna disagree on the 80s, they're my jam. The 90s are when I feel like music kinda/sorta ran aground. The rise of grunge and alternative was good for sure, but pop music REALLY got bad IMHO in that decade. The 90s got just a little too stripped down IMO. Ain't nothin' wrong with a little synthesizer/keytar action. :geek: :ugeek:

And I guarantee you if you go through any given Billboard top 40 in a random week of any given year, you'll cringe at a majority of stuff on there regardless of decade.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:58 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

I've pretty much always hated pop music. My really young tastes were metal (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden), then when I started skateboarding I obligatorily got into punk and hardcore. That was in 1984. Then I heard rap, which as the Beastie Boys say, is closer to punk than most people realize. I dug mid-80s rap, but started hating the commercialized stuff of the 90s.
Now I can listen to all of that stuff, plus a ton of reggae, traditional Irish music, some older country (Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, NOT the modern crap), and lots of other stuff. But still not pop. It's just always been awful.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:54 pm 

These two posts were back-to-back in my Insta feed tonight.

Attachments:
providence.png
providence.png [ 296.13 KiB | Viewed 6121 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:12 pm 

My feet smell so bad I'm concerned about damaging the wood floor and rugs.
But I'm too busy to go wash them. :steamingpileofcrap:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:48 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
These two posts were back-to-back in my Insta feed tonight.

LOL - My doily!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:37 pm 

Chris18 wrote:

Now I can listen to all of that stuff, plus a ton of reggae, traditional Irish music

Do the Pogues count as traditional? :lol: I'd guess not but man I used to love them, but then again I also used to love the drink and they do go together oh to well.

Speaking of Irish, or pseudo Irish anyways. Did Spirit of the West ever break through enough that American's know about them? If not here is probably one of the top 10 Canadian songs ever made. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crIk87-mPzY

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:28 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:

Speaking of Irish, or pseudo Irish anyways. Did Spirit of the West ever break through enough that American's know about them? If not here is probably one of the top 10 Canadian songs ever made. Enjoy

I think saw them play at Thursday in the Square once. But I don't think Buffalo counts as being known on the States for Canadian bands.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:54 am 

Fogghorn wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Now I can listen to all of that stuff, plus a ton of reggae, traditional Irish music

Do the Pogues count as traditional? :lol: I'd guess not but man I used to love them, but then again I also used to love the drink and they do go together oh to well.

I don't quite think the Pogues are considered traditional anything. :lol: They have their feet in so many categories that they don't fit any mold. I love them. I hate to admit that commercials work on me, but I had sworn off Subarus after a bad experience, but they had a commercial with the Pogues in the background of a hockey family driving through the snow to win a tournament... We've had 3 Subarus since. :lol:

I've never heard of Spirit of the West. Seems good though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 152  Next