OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3023 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 152  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Thoughts
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:19 am 
OTP Historian

This was killing me over the weekend. Love this so much.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/r ... d552ef678a

Apparently the dude apologized for it. Booooo....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-jersey-35860760

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:24 pm 
OTP Historian

Having a kid eats through the knees of your jeans so frigging fast.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:35 pm 
OTP Historian

Holy fucking shit am I ever sick of Kobe Bryant right now. I don't even have TV sports channels.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:08 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Holy fucking shit am I ever sick of Kobe Bryant right now. I don't even have TV sports channels.

imagine how bad it would be if you have been raped by him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:12 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Kobe, Shaq, and the Spurs pretty much ruined the NBA for me. Glad to see one more is gone, now if the fucking Spurs would just die off already...

Steph Curry though, man he's something.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:04 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Really sorry to hear the news Kyle - Canuck compadre. We're all here to support you in every way.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:21 pm 
OTP Clown

Av-merican wrote:

Steph Curry though, man he's something.

I ignored the NRA er... National tattoo artists support league... er NBA for a while.

Wiggins was interesting - insofar as he's a Cunnuk.

But Curry and Golden State? That's fucking some amazing shit!

Love love love Dell's son... The elder curry was one of my favourite Raptors.

Speaking of which, the Raptor Rapture will not arrive - I'm guessing the Heaty Duane will smite the dinos in 5..

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:10 pm 
OTPoliceman

So I heard earlier in the evening that where my daughter works in St. John's, two men robbed the store. One of them had my daughter lay down on the floor with a gun to the back of her head while the other ordered the rest of the staff to give up the drugs and open the safe for the money. She's physically OK but quite shook up. I let her know if the police don't catch these guys soon, we could go junkie hunting when I get out there May 31.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:01 am 
OTP Historian

drl perfect III wrote:
So I heard earlier in the evening that where my daughter works in St. John's, two men robbed the store. One of them had my daughter lay down on the floor with a gun to the back of her head while the other ordered the rest of the staff to give up the drugs and open the safe for the money. She's physically OK but quite shook up. I let her know if the police don't catch these guys soon, we could go junkie hunting when I get out there May 31.

Oh man Dr. P, sorry to hear that your daughter has to suffer through this. That's awful. :(

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

drl perfect III wrote:

Holy shit! Hope she's okay!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:09 pm 
Big in Japan

drl perfect III wrote:

She's safe and that's what counts. The stuff that was stolen was just that: stuff. It can be replaced.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:05 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

drl perfect III wrote:

I am very sorry she had to suffer the trauma of the holdup. Watch out, as best you can, for PTSD and, if necessary, have her seek a good counselor. The police will usually catch these guys fairly quickly. They usually aren't the sharpest tacks in the box so they usually do something really stupid and end up going to prison.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:25 pm 

:o

Damn, Dave...sorry to hear she had to go through something so horrific. I imagine if you were there there would've been a few limbs torn off to say the least. Hope she remains happy and healthy and those scuzzbags get their just desserts.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:25 pm 
OTP Clown

drl perfect III wrote:

First: FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Second: One dad to the next, I'll get a car battery and some fucking jumper cables to attach to the dirt bag's nipples.

And

I'll pay my way.

Finally:

Get her support.

Counselling.

Something.

It can make a difference in the long run.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:26 pm 
OTP Clown

RW wrote:
drl perfect III wrote:

I am very sorry she had to suffer the trauma of the holdup. Watch out, as best you can, for PTSD and, if necessary, have her seek a good counselor. The police will usually catch these guys fairly quickly. They usually aren't the sharpest tacks in the box so they usually do something really stupid and end up going to prison.

As a counsellor who is getting more and more PTSD training, I'll just quote it for emphasis.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:07 am 

Huh. Just learned that while "Smith" is the most common surname in the UK and US, it's only the 2nd most common in Canada. The first?

Li.

And "Lam" is the third-most common, which is also apparently of Asian origin.

Very interesting. To me at least.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:33 am 
OTP Clown

Canada is changing.

We are a post modern nation - by virtue of when our constitution was truly written.

The us constitution is a great artifact. Ours is fucking beautiful.

Li and Lam eh?

Fucking beautiful.

Our constitution did that.

Justin's Dad did that.

Fuck I love this country.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:56 am 

Skateboarding being in the Olympics makes me sick. It's something so individual and personal, something that shouldn't be coached or taught. It's technical out of necessity, but organic in nature. Judging skateboarding is moronic. Hyping it for corporate sponsors is even worse. Fuck that shit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:41 pm 
OTP Clown

I agree!

Same with surfing!

Making these 'pass times' judged sports is completely antithetical to what they essentially are.

Fuck surfing and skateboarding in the fucking olympics.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:06 pm 

Stinky wrote:
I agree!

Same with surfing!

Making these 'pass times' judged sports is completely antithetical to what they essentially are.

Fuck surfing and skateboarding in the fucking olympics.

I forgot to include surfing. My mistake. The two are joined at the hip.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3023 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 152  Next