OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3023 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Thoughts
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:22 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:56 pm 

Most guys possibly having a mid-life crisis buy a car.
I bought a long board (Skateboard) collaboration by 2 old skater friends. Much cheaper and more fun.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:41 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
I bought a long board (Skateboard) collaboration by 2 old skater friends. Much cheaper and more fun.

Isn't there some sort of engineering limitations to what weight they safely carry, and how have you not exceeded it?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:28 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Isn't there some sort of engineering limitations to what weight they safely carry, and how have you not exceeded it?

Damn. That was mean spirited. :lol:

FYI- I've been putting in lots of miles on my bike in training for my summer ride from Buffalo to Albany. I'm ripping off 12-20 miles regularly, averaging 12 MPH all the time. Not bad for a fat guy! Although I've taken the attitude that I'm riding so much that I can "afford" to eat worse. :lol: I was doing okay, then my wife bought a bunch of junk food while on vacation at Universal Studios. Who doesn't want a Harry Potter chocolate frog? Or a Shrek & Donkey waffle cone candy bar?

And I still play hockey and keep up with much younger/thinner guys.

SO FUCK YOU!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:03 am 

:D
Chris18 wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Damn. That was mean spirited. :lol:

FYI- I've been putting in lots of miles on my bike in training for my summer ride from Buffalo to Albany. I'm ripping off 12-20 miles regularly, averaging 12 MPH all the time. Not bad for a fat guy! Although I've taken the attitude that I'm riding so much that I can "afford" to eat worse. :lol: I was doing okay, then my wife bought a bunch of junk food while on vacation at Universal Studios. Who doesn't want a Harry Potter chocolate frog? Or a Shrek & Donkey waffle cone candy bar?

And I still play hockey and keep up with much younger/thinner guys.

SO FUCK YOU!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:30 pm 

Fogghorn is a bully!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:25 am 

Chris18 wrote:
Fogghorn is a bully!

with a BMI under 20. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:40 am 

Yeah well if I get under 20 I'll do a fully nude photo shoot and post it on here, so you'd do well to not dare me to lose weight!
I'm very spiteful. When everyone wants to gouge their eyes out, they'll blame you!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:19 am 
OTP Clown

Chris18 wrote:
Yeah well if I get under 20 I'll do a fully nude photo shoot and post it on here, so you'd do well to not dare me to lose weight!
I'm very spiteful. When everyone wants to gouge their eyes out, they'll blame you!

I want to see this.

Also?

Just keep riding!

My bike(s) have been my salvation all through COVID.

We had a dig day yesterday - building new, unsanctioned mountain bike trails that squat on unused private land.

Much fun.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:18 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:

Interesting how we fight now at this age :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:06 pm 

Stinky wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

I want to see this.

Also?

Just keep riding!

My bike(s) have been my salvation all through COVID.

We had a dig day yesterday - building new, unsanctioned mountain bike trails that squat on unused private land.

Much fun.

I'm going to keep riding no matter what. I drove through Syracuse the other day and stopped to scope out some of the path we'll be taking through there. Fucking weird as hell. Part of it is a really cool, well maintained path that meanders between the 4 lanes of a major city road, and another part is on a ratty side road through an industrial section of the city. Saw 3 bike shops along the way that are right on the trail though. That's good to know as that's about the halfway point of our trip. One had its own cafe, which is pretty cool. Grab lunch while they fix your bike...

Bosc wrote:
Interesting how we fight now at this age :lol:

Whatever it takes! :viking:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:59 pm 

I thought I was having a midlife crisis... then I realized I probably won't live to 98.... now I'm just depressed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:28 am 

Well I'm not living til 94, so it's a post-mid-life crisis for me. 2/3 life crisis sounds weird.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:13 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Well I'm not living til 94, so it's a post-mid-life crisis for me. 2/3 life crisis sounds weird.

Maybe it should be called I've-got-enough-money-to-do-fun-shit-again "crisis"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:53 am 

BCG wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Maybe it should be called I've-got-enough-money-to-do-fun-shit-again "crisis"

That makes a LOT more sense!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:01 pm 

How did the suit in The Greatest American Hero interface with its user?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:16 pm 

Hello. My name is Chris and I'm a 3d printing addict. In recent weeks I've made all kinds of shit, some which I didn't even remotely need. But I could hit "print", walk away for a few hours, and return to something made.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:29 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Hello. My name is Chris and I'm a 3d printing addict. In recent weeks I've made all kinds of shit, some which I didn't even remotely need. But I could hit "print", walk away for a few hours, and return to something made.

Been wanting to get one just because it's cool, but what do you print with it? All I could think of was toy figurines of myself that I'll give out for Christmas lol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:28 am 

BCG wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Been wanting to get one just because it's cool, but what do you print with it? All I could think of was toy figurines of myself that I'll give out for Christmas lol

All kinds of shit. Puck racks of various shapes/sizes. Phone stands for my work & personal phones (for home & work desks). Parts to add versatility to all the Ryobi tools in my garage (and perfectly fitting hanging racks so I can clean up my garage and not have tools scattered all over. Although I will say the 3d printed hangers are brittle! I screwed one down with the clutch set too high and cracked it. I knew I should have reduced the clutch setting but was pretty pissed it broke that easily, although I'm using PLA and I hear the PVC is much stronger). I made parts to fix old panniers (bike saddle bags). Needed an adapter the other day to get a specific brush to work with our new vacuum, so I made one in a little while.

I want to make custom butt ends for my daughter's hockey sticks. She grew like 1.5" and we got new sticks for this year, but I wanted to extend the old ones for backyard use. I made wooden ones on a belt/disc sander but of course they're not straight so they always come loose. With 3d printing I could make them fit exactly and glue them in place pretty easily, even leave slots for glue to sit to ensure a good bond.

Daughter makes all kinds of articulating snakes, octopi, etc. I'm going to try some hockey targets since they now cost like $70 for a set of 4. I bought them years ago when they were $50, but got them on sale and with a gift card. The printed ones may shatter, so we're trying to add some strength aspects to them. They might work... If not, it will be cheap to try the one we've designed.

I'm on the local skatepark committee. We were thinking of 3d printing a layout design so we can show exactly what we're talking about to the funding committee (and grant applications). It would be a bit of a pain, as we'd have to print each piece separately and link them together somehow. Mine only prints up to 6x6x6 inches and that would be pretty tough to see a layout that will be like 120x120 feet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:24 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I get why we're doing it but the United States lowering flags to half mast to mourn the death of an English monarch still strikes me as a bit...odd.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3023 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152  Next