OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 152  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Thoughts
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:30 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Stinky wrote:
I have indoor dinner reservations for Friday night. I'm planning my first group therapy sessions in over a year. I'm starting to teach classes for humans in person again. I am so fucking stoked about this. And next week? I get my second jab.

All good news dude! Glad to hear it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:34 pm 
OTP Historian

Stinky wrote:
I have indoor dinner reservations for Friday night. I'm planning my first group therapy sessions in over a year. I'm starting to teach classes for humans in person again. I am so fucking stoked about this. And next week? I get my second jab.

That's fucking awesome, Jim!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:02 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Stinky wrote:

That's fucking awesome, Jim!

Ditto - great to hear!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:08 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Right on Stink, we’re getting back to normal!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:43 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

I'm really glad that our Canadian friends are getting close to being fully vaccinated and returning to normal life. Here in Michigan, we lift all our Covid restrictions on July 1.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:54 pm 

RW wrote:
I'm really glad that our Canadian friends are getting close to being fully vaccinated and returning to normal life. Here in Michigan, we lift all our Covid restrictions on July 1.

Wow, that's soon :woop:

I'm hoping I get to see my patients in person by August....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:41 pm 
OTPoliceman

How hot is it? If you haven't been paying attention, here in BC we have been breaking temperature records for not just the day, month or the region but for all time in Canada. It's been insanely hot. Lytton, BC which is about 3 hours NE of metro Vancouver just hit 49.4 C or 120.92 F. This is hotter that the all time temperature for Las Vegas. Here in the big city of Coquitlam we hit 42 C or 107.5 F yesterday which is 5 C or 9 F more than the previous record. My old stomping grounds of Kamloops hit 46 C today. Last I heard, Vancouver has had 50 people perish from the heat, Burnaby 34 and Surrey 38, mostly elderly people.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:56 am 

drl perfect III wrote:
How hot is it? If you haven't been paying attention, here in BC we have been breaking temperature records for not just the day, month or the region but for all time in Canada. It's been insanely hot. Lytton, BC which is about 3 hours NE of metro Vancouver just hit 49.4 C or 120.92 F. This is hotter that the all time temperature for Las Vegas. Here in the big city of Coquitlam we hit 42 C or 107.5 F yesterday which is 5 C or 9 F more than the previous record. My old stomping grounds of Kamloops hit 46 C today. Last I heard, Vancouver has had 50 people perish from the heat, Burnaby 34 and Surrey 38, mostly elderly people.

I lived in Mesa, AZ (suburb of Phoenix). Hottest I remember was 121 F, so that's some serious shit you're going through!
Stay hydrated and safe.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:03 am 
OTP Clown

Holy shit! I had no idea.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:52 pm 
OTPoliceman

The heat dome that made temperatures scorching at the coast has moved into central BC and Alberta so things are a little cooler for us. Lytton ended up at 49.6 C which is 121 F, Kamloops finished with a high of 47.3, absolutely unreal. Places like Grande Prairie, Alta hit 40.2 and Nahanni Butte NWT made it to 38.1. The freezing level has risen to unprecedented elevations bringing melts to glaciers not having such high temperatures previous. Parts of the Pemberton Valley north of Whistler BC had to be evacuated from the danger of flash floods from melting glaciers. There will be that very same danger in towns around the Rocky Mountains on both sides of the Continental Divide, I would think.

Nine years ago my parents sold their property in Nanaimo and went into partnership with us to build a new house on our property here in Coquitlam. We heat the house using a heat pump which works as an A/C in summer heat. My father who's 88 years old and my mother, about to be 82 very soon live downstairs. We're in a very good position with them and us surviving this unprecedented heat wave. This is the second TGIF moment for me, the other was when they sold their RV in Wellton AZ after 22 winters being snowbirds at the end of February 2020 and came home before COVID smacked the state. Big relief, that was.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:37 pm 
King of Men

drl perfect III wrote:
The heat dome that made temperatures scorching at the coast has moved into central BC and Alberta so things are a little cooler for us. Lytton ended up at 49.6 C which is 121 F, Kamloops finished with a high of 47.3, absolutely unreal. Places like Grande Prairie, Alta hit 40.2 and Nahanni Butte NWT made it to 38.1. The freezing level has risen to unprecedented elevations bringing melts to glaciers not having such high temperatures previous. Parts of the Pemberton Valley north of Whistler BC had to be evacuated from the danger of flash floods from melting glaciers. There will be that very same danger in towns around the Rocky Mountains on both sides of the Continental Divide, I would think.

Nine years ago my parents sold their property in Nanaimo and went into partnership with us to build a new house on our property here in Coquitlam. We heat the house using a heat pump which works as an A/C in summer heat. My father who's 88 years old and my mother, about to be 82 very soon live downstairs. We're in a very good position with them and us surviving this unprecedented heat wave. This is the second TGIF moment for me, the other was when they sold their RV in Wellton AZ after 22 winters being snowbirds at the end of February 2020 and came home before COVID smacked the state. Big relief, that was.

drl perfect III wrote:

I'd like to hear more about this elsewhere if you don't mind. I've always been curious about this type. Does it use a refrigerant or move air from somewhere else?

I see that the record high there was 92 (33.5)....guess that didn't stand!

Good to hear everyone in your neck of the woods is all right!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:00 pm 

On International Reggae Day, my computer has deleted all Bob & Ziggy Marley music. What the fucking fuck?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:36 am 

Would you consider a tornado passing within 2km of your house close?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:09 am 
Big in Japan

BCG wrote:

Yes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:56 am 

E.L. wrote:
BCG wrote:

Yes.

nah, had a rocket grenade launched by the Taliban land about 60m away from me and that didn't bother me.............then again I'm blue collar, enough friends and colleagues maimed and dead from work and a couple close calls myself (once fell thigh deep into the cyanide destruction tank before I yarded myself out) that you end up with a very different idea of "close call"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:05 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
E.L. wrote:
BCG wrote:

Yes.

nah, had a rocket grenade launched by the Taliban land about 60m away from me and that didn't bother me.............then again I'm blue collar, enough friends and colleagues maimed and dead from work and a couple close calls myself (once fell thigh deep into the cyanide destruction tank before I yarded myself out) that you end up with a very different idea of "close call"

Damn brother - you need a new job!! :wth:

On a similar note - rethinking my choice on where I live lol :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:42 am 
OTP Historian

BCG wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
E.L. wrote:
BCG wrote:

Yes.

Damn brother - you need a new job!! :wth:

On a similar note - rethinking my choice on where I live lol :shock:

Geez Kyle :shock:

BCG, glad to see you're ok.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:12 pm 

Had a garage sale over the weekend so I have $112 in singles, $55 in $5s, etc And a court date tonight for a speeding ticket I got in Nov and they say you HAVE to bring cash... :twisted: Yes, I'm going to pay with those first.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:42 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Had a garage sale over the weekend so I have $112 in singles, $55 in $5s, etc And a court date tonight for a speeding ticket I got in Nov and they say you HAVE to bring cash... :twisted: Yes, I'm going to pay with those first.

Make sure you explain to them how you got the cash, that you didn't require masks, that it was strange everyone seemed to have a cold and then for good measure, have a coughing fit and use the cash to cover your mouth before giving it to them :laugh:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:18 pm 

BCG wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Make sure you explain to them how you got the cash, that you didn't require masks, that it was strange everyone seemed to have a cold and then for good measure, have a coughing fit and use the cash to cover your mouth before giving it to them :laugh:

Got a fine with no points on my license. It's all just a cash grab, which the cop told me when he pulled me over. When I went to pay the clerk I explained but I saw the judge glaring at me while she counted the hundred in singles. :lol: If he said anything I was going to say he can't discriminate against me and my career worth of savings from my night job. But he was too busy telling another dude why he shouldn't drive drunk.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 152  Next