OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 152  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Thoughts
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:51 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
BCG wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Had a garage sale over the weekend so I have $112 in singles, $55 in $5s, etc And a court date tonight for a speeding ticket I got in Nov and they say you HAVE to bring cash... :twisted: Yes, I'm going to pay with those first.

Make sure you explain to them how you got the cash, that you didn't require masks, that it was strange everyone seemed to have a cold and then for good measure, have a coughing fit and use the cash to cover your mouth before giving it to them :laugh:

Got a fine with no points on my license. It's all just a cash grab, which the cop told me when he pulled me over. When I went to pay the clerk I explained but I saw the judge glaring at me while she counted the hundred in singles. :lol: If he said anything I was going to say he can't discriminate against me and my career worth of savings from my night job. But he was too busy telling another dude why he shouldn't drive drunk.

I'm not sure if you can still get a speeding ticket in Ontario without getting demerits. I'm usually pretty over, so I wouldn't know personally lol. The cash grab here works with outfits like Pointts or XCopper where you pay ex-cops money so their buddy doesn't show up for court.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:14 pm 
OTP Historian

BCG wrote:
[I'm not sure if you can still get a speeding ticket in Ontario without getting demerits. I'm usually pretty over, so I wouldn't know personally lol. The cash grab here works with outfits like Pointts or XCopper where you pay ex-cops money so their buddy doesn't show up for court.

You can, got my first ticket back in January :lol: 21 over and they knocked it down to 10 over so I only got a $40 fine.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:15 pm 

Bosc wrote:
BCG wrote:
[I'm not sure if you can still get a speeding ticket in Ontario without getting demerits. I'm usually pretty over, so I wouldn't know personally lol. The cash grab here works with outfits like Pointts or XCopper where you pay ex-cops money so their buddy doesn't show up for court.

You can, got my first ticket back in January :lol: 21 over and they knocked it down to 10 over so I only got a $40 fine.

You just got your first speeding ticket now?! :wth: Shit man, I drive to Kingston a lot - during Covid, the speed limit on the 401 seems to be about 140. I'm not sure what I'm more impressed with - that it took you this long to get one, or that you got one under these circumstances :lol: Either/or - welcome to the Club :cheers:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:24 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Fucking A, I got my first speeding ticket like 2 days after my 6 months probation period ended when I was 16. Can't remember all the tickets I've gotten since. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:19 am 
OTP Historian

BCG wrote:
Bosc wrote:
BCG wrote:

You just got your first speeding ticket now?! :wth: Shit man, I drive to Kingston a lot - during Covid, the speed limit on the 401 seems to be about 140. I'm not sure what I'm more impressed with - that it took you this long to get one, or that you got one under these circumstances :lol: Either/or - welcome to the Club :cheers:

:beer:

Yeah, first ticket period. I've had two warnings my entire life, one for an illegal left turn to bypass an island and then a couple of years ago 2 rolling stops in the first three turns from my house on the way to a tournament finals. Good or bad thing I left early, depending on how you look at it :lol:

I drove to Kingston every couple of weekends for the first year that Anam and I dated. Usually set the cruise at 125-129 once I got past Whitby/Oshawa.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:51 am 

Bosc wrote:
BCG wrote:
Bosc wrote:
BCG wrote:

Yeah, first ticket period. I've had two warnings my entire life, one for an illegal left turn to bypass an island and then a couple of years ago 2 rolling stops in the first three turns from my house on the way to a tournament finals. Good or bad thing I left early, depending on how you look at it :lol:

I drove to Kingston every couple of weekends for the first year that Anam and I dated. Usually set the cruise at 125-129 once I got past Whitby/Oshawa.

I'm assuming you mean 125-129 KM/hr. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:18 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
BCG wrote:
Bosc wrote:
BCG wrote:

I'm assuming you mean 125-129 KM/hr. :lol:

The 401 is NOT the Autobahn :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:26 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Fucking A, I got my first speeding ticket like 2 days after my 6 months probation period ended when I was 16. Can't remember all the tickets I've gotten since. :lol:

LOL! I got mine ONE MONTH before my probation ended (racing). Was on probation for another 2 years.... won the race tho :snoop:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:29 pm 

Bosc wrote:

Oh man ... I got a rolling stop ticket... at 1am... in my suburbia neighbourhood.... after driving back and forth to Kingston for my parent's 50th anniversary.... the cop didn't care...

You drove to Kingston a lot Jeff? Did Anam go to Queen's?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:25 am 

Mrs.18 has been gluing these little skateboarders in random places where they should be seen by keen eyed people- https://www.toyboarders.com/
Her hope is to bring a chuckle to people and see how long before someone posts a photo on social media that one of us sees. She typically chooses places where the skater's position makes sense- like the ones in grinding position get put on a rail...

Miss18.1 works at our local franchise coffee joint for her summer job, usually at the drive-through. A Karen went through 2 days ago and had her son hand a broken off toy boarder to Miss18.1, with Karen saying "this was glued to the menu board, at the bottom. That's just totally immature and completely unprofessional!" The woman obviously had no clue that my wife was the one who had glued it on the night before (running up to the menu and asking a customer to wait a second while she did it. The guy laughed and gave her a thumbs up when he saw it). So of course, Mrs.18 went back and glued another to a less obvious place on the drive through menu. Wouldn't you know it, hawk-eyed Karen came through again the next day and since it was higher up couldn't have her son be the destroyer of fun, so she decided to literally ASK FOR THE MANAGER and then told the manager that this childish nonsense is making her less likely to go to this particular "restaurant". What the fuck is wrong in someone's life that they are that miserable and whiney??? *For the record, the manager thought it was really funny, especially that this miserable Karen would ask for her and tell her to have it removed. They did remove it, as Karen had threatened to send photos to the franchise headquarters if it stayed, getting the manager in trouble.

So Miss18.1's job for the next 2 weeks before she returns to school is to find out where Karen lives, so we can go glue dozens of these little suckers all around her property. Not on her car or house- nothing really damaging. But the backside of a fence, on the green garbage can lid... And then we want to drive by and see how long before she rids the world of all little green skaters. And fun.

We might need to switch to the surfers for places more likely to be seen/removed, as the surf boards give much more gluing surface area.

And yes, I am in fact giving Mrs.18 a few small pieces of sandpaper, alcohol wipes and 1 minute epoxy. What of it?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:51 am 
OTP Historian

BCG wrote:
You drove to Kingston a lot Jeff? Did Anam go to Queen's?

Yup, she did undergrad at Queen's and we started dating near the end of her third year. So I was making that drive every couple of weekends for a little over a year until she finished and moved home.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:05 pm 

Miss18.1 said her car was making a horrible scraping noise. Brake rotor looked like Wolverine and Freddy Kreuger had a DJ competition on it. Pad was down to the metal. So much for getting an inspection and new tires/alignment within the past 500 miles! (Her job is 1.2 miles away). Usually mechanics try to sell you brakes when you don't need them. Now that we do.... The shit had gotten so hot the parking brake underneath is discolored, and one of the pins that holds it in place broke. Made getting the rotor off a real chore. Now that the really bad one is off, nobody has the rotors in stock. Had to order from Amazon and am hoping like hell that their prediction of them arriving tomorrow is accurate.

Cars. Kids. Mechanics... Gotta love 'em all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:50 am 

Chris18 wrote:

but do you?......

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:33 am 

Fogghorn wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

but do you?......

At the moment, I don't love any of those. :lol:

Brakes were quite fucked. The one that was down to bare metal on one side wasn't even touching on the other. The rotor had flakey rust on it. The pad had rusted in place and had to be hammered out. I didn't realize how bad it was until after looking at the rotor the next day. Got the regular brakes all done with nice new parts and there was still a grinding/scraping sound. Fucking parking brake cable was way too tight. It HAD been too loose so we had a previous mechanic tighten it. The lever engaged exactly where it should, but the fucking parking brake was essentially ON all the time because it was too tight. That's why the rotors were such a pain to get off. One rotor had a groove worn on the inside and the other was at least nicely polished. So I learned a shitload about parking brakes in the last 2 days! Adjusted it to seem pretty good. We'll see!

Also threw a complete shit fit because my kid's car was such a mess. Leaned down to remove the center console to adjust the parking brake cable and put my hand onto her work name tag. Doesn't sound like a big deal until I add that the safety pin part wasn't closed and I leaned all my fat ass weight onto that hand, so the pin went pretty much to my soul. So I threw all the shit in her car all over the place. Dumped the book holding the manual and a few years' worth of old insurance cards, threw all the used napkins all over the place, etc. I've told her to clean it all up plenty of times. Now she will because it looks like her car was broken into. I work her at 6 AM to tell her this. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:41 pm 
Vegemite Enthusiast

Chris18 wrote:
Mrs.18 has been gluing these little skateboarders in random places where they should be seen by keen eyed people- https://www.toyboarders.com/
Her hope is to bring a chuckle to people and see how long before someone posts a photo on social media that one of us sees. She typically chooses places where the skater's position makes sense- like the ones in grinding position get put on a rail...

Miss18.1 works at our local franchise coffee joint for her summer job, usually at the drive-through. A Karen went through 2 days ago and had her son hand a broken off toy boarder to Miss18.1, with Karen saying "this was glued to the menu board, at the bottom. That's just totally immature and completely unprofessional!" The woman obviously had no clue that my wife was the one who had glued it on the night before (running up to the menu and asking a customer to wait a second while she did it. The guy laughed and gave her a thumbs up when he saw it). So of course, Mrs.18 went back and glued another to a less obvious place on the drive through menu. Wouldn't you know it, hawk-eyed Karen came through again the next day and since it was higher up couldn't have her son be the destroyer of fun, so she decided to literally ASK FOR THE MANAGER and then told the manager that this childish nonsense is making her less likely to go to this particular "restaurant". What the fuck is wrong in someone's life that they are that miserable and whiney??? *For the record, the manager thought it was really funny, especially that this miserable Karen would ask for her and tell her to have it removed. They did remove it, as Karen had threatened to send photos to the franchise headquarters if it stayed, getting the manager in trouble.

So Miss18.1's job for the next 2 weeks before she returns to school is to find out where Karen lives, so we can go glue dozens of these little suckers all around her property. Not on her car or house- nothing really damaging. But the backside of a fence, on the green garbage can lid... And then we want to drive by and see how long before she rids the world of all little green skaters. And fun.

We might need to switch to the surfers for places more likely to be seen/removed, as the surf boards give much more gluing surface area.

And yes, I am in fact giving Mrs.18 a few small pieces of sandpaper, alcohol wipes and 1 minute epoxy. What of it?

I love this idea! would certainly bring a smile to our faces! Did you manage to find out where Karen lives?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:05 pm 
OTP Clown

This is gold.

That Karen is more of a Delores Umbridge...

I have a British friend. One of his favorite words is cunt. My wife doesn't think that cunt is an appropriate word to use. But that Karen really isn't a caring. She's a fucking cunt.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:22 am 

CanuckinOz wrote:
I love this idea! would certainly bring a smile to our faces! Did you manage to find out where Karen lives?

We did not figure it out. Miss18.1 went back to college and no longer works at the Dunkin. She said she'll always remember the woman though, so if we see her around town we'll tail her home. :lol:

Stinky wrote:
This is gold.

That Karen is more of a Delores Umbridge...

I have a British friend. One of his favorite words is cunt. My wife doesn't think that cunt is an appropriate word to use. But that Karen really isn't a caring. She's a fucking cunt.

Umbridge- my wife is a teacher. I made her a meme of Umbridge saying "I really hate children". She printed it and laminated it on her desk.

My wife has family in England, Ireland and Australia. They say cunt and twat like they're family names... You can tell who is from the North American side of the family by watching for the twitches when those are said. :lol:

As for gluing the little skater/surfer/snowboarder, it's been amazing to see how many people freak the hell out over them. Both ways. We did some on Long Beach Island, NJ. Saw some families laugh, call others over to see them, and take pics with some we had put on benches near the ocean. Other people grumble and rip it off like it was a hate group flag, and throw it in the garbage. I asked one guy why he had reacted like that and he started yelling about vandalism being America's downfall. I told him I think there are just a few bigger issues than little dudes glued onto the NON-sitting areas of benches and he walked away muttering. People are fucking weird. But we've been sending pics to the company that makes them. They're so psyched, they sent us some extras when we ordered more!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:26 am 
OTP Clown

Send me a link to the things... I will out them up here in New Scotland...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:25 am 

Stinky wrote:
Send me a link to the things... I will out them up here in New Scotland...

https://www.toyboarders.com/products

It would be pretty funny if you order to tell them in the comments that you know a guy in NY who started doing this.
You can find them in surf/skate shops and of course many stores online too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:57 pm 

Walking in the woods alongside a major road in a VERY wealthy town... huge purple butt plug in the woods. No photos because I only had my work phone and there was no way I was taking that pic. So instead I used a twig and moved it directly into the middle of the place the construction guys will be digging in a few days.

A few weeks ago on a different road in the same very wealthy town, we saw a PILE of panties and not 1, not 2, but SEVEN tubes of hand lotion on the side of the road. Like some perv dumped his stash before his wife (or mom?) found it.

I know a few people from that town and now plan to ask what roads they live/drive on. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3022 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 152  Next