OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Podcast reviews
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:12 pm 

Started following a bunch of podcasts in the last 6 months. Some really good stuff out there its like conservative radio for the left. Wondering if anyone else has fav's they'd like to share?

What a Hell of a Way to Die - Some left wing ex-military guys sounding off, in the latest he dumps on Seth Gorka

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/what-a-hell-of-a-way-to-die/id1174466127?mt=2

Post subject: Re: Podcast reviews
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:17 pm 

Guys we F****d

Two NY city female comedians started out by interviewing their ex's and one night stands about their sex and its moved onto a bunch of other sex related topics.

They're funny as hell and intent on ending slut shaming. Strange to hear a woman refer to herself as a "happy cum bucket" but somehow they make it work. Also really make feel like I'm very old and from a very different generation.

https://soundcloud.com/guyswefucked

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:20 pm 

Pod Save America.

3 Dems from the Obama Whitehouse teamed up to start their own little media organization. It's grown rapidly with I think 6 different podcasts but this one is still the best. Funny and deeply knowledgeable about Washington and I never miss a show.

https://crooked.com/podcast-series/pod-save-america/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:16 am 
Old Man of the Post

Been listening to:

Five Thirty Eight - these guys are election nerds like we are hockey nerds; they talk modeling and election analytics

Trumpcast (Slate) - because I'm a glutton for punishment; this one also introduced me to -

Slow Burn - a podcast about the Watergate scandal; you might wonder how someone could have a podcast about a scandal that happened more than 40 years ago but I'm only on the first episode and I'm hooked... You'd probably enjoy this, Fogg.

NPR Politics podcast

Guys we Fucked - this one is ok; I find it too long most times and I lose interest about 30 minutes in...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:41 pm 

the Cunning Linguist wrote:

Slow Burn - a podcast about the Watergate scandal; you might wonder how someone could have a podcast about a scandal that happened more than 40 years ago but I'm only on the first episode and I'm hooked... You'd probably enjoy this, Fogg.

Holy crap, I'm 3 minutes into the first episode and already completely hooked. How they hell do they get away with confining someone in their hotel room then drugging her?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2017/11/introducing-slow-burn-slates-new-podcast-about-watergate.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:17 pm 

Slate Whistlestop

Quote:
In this podcast for fans of presidential history, John Dickerson of Slate’s Political Gabfest revisits a moment from the American carnival of politics. Hear about the grand speeches, emergency strategies, baby kissing, and backstabbing that make each presidential cycle so fascinating. Part of the Panoply Network.

Really enjoying this one. Have wanted to start learning more about American history and this is great. Biggest take away is how incredibly nasty American politics is and has always been. How you people have managed to not have 10 civil wars is quite beyond me. And how can I like American's as much as I do and yet you have for a couple hundred years managed to consistently elect so many detestable people? And Canadian history is boring, and boring is a really, really good thing.

- I didn't realize the internal war in the Republican party between hard core conservatives and moderate conservatives has been going on since pretty much since the party was founded. Sometimes the party gets taken over by extremes then it swings back to the moderates. I missed Barry Goldwater and came of age with moderate Republicans and assumed that was normal and that Bannon and his ilk were something new, sadly they are not. Just a return to the old extremes
- For a non-secular government, religious folks have had a rather large influence on American politics for a long time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:31 pm 

Great podcast discussing what's wrong with Wall Street. Think this one will be right up your alley Harmy.

https://crooked.com/podcast/wall-street-necessary-evil/