OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 552 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:54 pm 
Big in Japan

Binged the new BoJack season over a couple of nights. Nodded off a bit at times, not because it was boring but because I was already tired coming in.

It's more of the same knife twisting, although like the previous seasons, the ending brought things together nicely.

The music selection in the final scene was inspired.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:26 pm 
OTP Historian

Watching Vikings with Anam. Good stuff so far.

The dude playing Ragnar Lothbrok has perfected the 0 Fucks Given look.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:15 pm 
King of Men

Black Mirror on Netflix is thought provoking. Think of it as a future technology based Outer Limts or Twilight Zone.

Episode 11 San Juipero

3rd Series Episode 4......

Is a masterful future day love tale (way better than that stupid HER). Even if you don't watch anything else I highly recommend that episode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Junipero (SPOILERS!)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:05 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Holy shit...if you're considering binge-watching The Strain, trust me, do NOT waste your time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:35 am 
King of Men

Something about Shameless has roped me in lately. I enjoy a dysfunctional train wreck......probably reminds me that things could be a lot worse.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:15 am 
Big in Japan

Riverale is completely ridiculous, preposterous, excessive and amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:57 pm 

Legion - The trippiest, craziest, most cerebral thing I've ever seen on TV. My wife lambasted me when I revealed to her that it's based (in very small part) on the X-Men comics. That, and you could piece together the greatest-ever playlist based on what they play on each end credits sequence.

Taboo - Dark, surreal, exquisitely stylish, and so well-acted I'm still not entirely sure it's actually any good. But I sure as hell enjoy watching it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:18 pm 

Grimm ends after six seasons. Fun and accessible, it was never a show of lofty ambitions, though I felt like it left a bit too much on the table. Could've been a whole lot more.

About 4.5 episodes into Iron Fist, and the whole "whitewashing" thing has been blown WAAAAAY out of proportion. This should absolutely not be lumped in with The Great Wall and the new version of Ghost in the Shell. While it's nowhere near as good as the previous three "Defenders" series, it's still quite enjoyable. I get that the show's star and co-creator of the comic character have not done anyone any favors in their defense of the show, any failings it has have nothing to do with the main character being a rich white guy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:40 pm 

It's all Marvel, all the time for me these days I guess.

Finished Iron Fist. Disappointing despite low expectations. For a martial arts-based superhero I found the fight scenes particularly dull. Daredevil offered WAY better. Hope the Defenders makes up for this.

Also finished the first half of the latest season of Agents of SHIELD, which has been festering on my DVR nearly half a year. I gotta say it more than made up for the previous season which I found really tedious and boring. Also did a good job of setting up the second half storyline, which looks promising.

Lastly, can't believe I'm saying this, but after seeing the preview, the upcoming Cloak and Dagger on Freeform may actually be kinda awesome. Wife watches all the damned teen soapy dramas on there so I guess this one will offer us some middle ground.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:37 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
I gotta say it more than made up for the previous season which I found really tedious and boring. Also did a good job of setting up the second half storyline, which looks promising.

Is that the season of Sky crying all the time and finding new ways to bring back Grant Ward? Yeah that one wasn't great at all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:00 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
I gotta say it more than made up for the previous season which I found really tedious and boring. Also did a good job of setting up the second half storyline, which looks promising.

Is that the season of Sky crying all the time and finding new ways to bring back Grant Ward? Yeah that one wasn't great at all.

Yep, pretty much.

Funny thing is, I haven't seen it yet but they know they back Ward back AGAIN, this time as a Life Model Decoy. :lol: The writing team must REALLY like that actor.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:28 pm 
Tattoo of the Post

Anyone watch 13 Reasons Why? Fucked up shit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 552 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28