OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 839 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 42  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:11 pm 
Big in Japan

2016: The Year The Music Died

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:27 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

The FUCK!?!? Prince!??????????

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.2610011

Oh, Jesus...co-worker just told me. I'm in disbelief.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:29 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Av-merican wrote:
The FUCK!?!? Prince!??????????

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.2610011

Oh, Jesus...co-worker just told me. I'm in disbelief.

I am fairly surprised as well. I'm a fan but, unfortunately, these things do happen.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:51 pm 

This is about as good a tribute to Prince as you'll find online.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/e748yj/ch ... uncensored

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:56 pm 

This is the Daily Mail, so it goes without saying, grain of salt and all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l-him.html

But if there's even a bit of truth to this...holy shit.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:32 pm 

Prince's death update. There is no mention of AIDS, as per The Daily Mail / National Enquirer, but instead, it is looking more and more like a more mundane problem, Opioid addiction / overdose.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/arts/music/friends-sought-help-for-princes-addiction-lawyer-says.html

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:38 pm 

The last Japanese fighter pilot, Kaname Harada, who was present at Pearl Harbor, died Tuesday in Nagano at age 99. After the war, Harada was so remorseful that he became a noted pacifist.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/06/world/asia/kaname-harada-pearl-harbor-fighter-pilot-who-became-pacifist-dies-at-99.html?hpw&rref=obituaries&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:54 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Muhammad Ali dead at 74. I can't believe he made it this long. RIP Champ.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:59 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

RIP champ. Ali was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 1986 if you can believe it. He fought long, hard and right to the end as per usual.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:53 am 

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun. (To Allah we belong and to Him we return.) RIP Champ.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:51 pm 
Big in Japan

RIP Kimbo Slice. A supposedly nice man who also happened to partake in brutal street fights.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:51 am 
Big in Japan

RIP Miss Cleo. Call me now!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:52 am 

E.L. wrote:
RIP Miss Cleo. Call me now!

I wonder if she knew she was going to die.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:10 pm 

Another former Babylon 5 cast member is gone.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2 ... sses-away/

J. Michael Straczynski with some parting words:

http://www.epictimes.com/07/28/2016/j-m ... rry-doyle/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:24 pm 

Sad news: ESPN host John Saunders (of Ajax, Ontario) has died at the age of 61.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/172 ... ied-age-61

Back when ESPN actually gave a shit about hockey, he was one of my favorite hosts of ESPN 2Night.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:25 pm 
Big in Japan

Totally missed this one: David Huddleston aka The Other Lebowski

THE BUMS WILL ALWAYS LOSE!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:57 pm 

I had to make sure that Iggy Pop is still alive. How??? Maybe it's the Keith Richards system- if you don't OD, heroine keeps you alive like pre-enbalming???

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:01 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
I had to make sure that Iggy Pop is still alive. How??? Maybe it's the Keith Richards system- if you don't OD, heroine keeps you alive like pre-enbalming???

Actually, Keith Richards method for being a junkie and staying alive is simple. 1st, know the purity of the stuff you are taking. This is not available to most junkies who take it on faith that their heroin is always of about the same purity. It isn't. Keith's was. He was rich so he bought his heroin in bulk from the same guy for years thus insuring his purity. 2nd, know your dose. Keith knew his does and never exceeded it. While all the other junkies around him died Keith just kept on using a liveable dose. Those around him started telling stories about Keith's incredible abilities and warned others not to try and party with him thus, giving him a mythological status which he's always been happy to cultivate. I read this in his book so there's the big secret to Keith Richards. Know your drug's purity and know your dose. I used a similar system at university. I lived in a hard partying dorm and room. I would come in after classes in the afternoon, stay sober until I had gone to the library to study for the next day's assignments and then would show up at the nightly party about 10:00 PM. As far as the other's were concerned I had been with them all day and night because they remembered seeing and being with me. They all thought I was a genius because I was the only one on the floor who made Dean's List / High Academic Honours every term while they were flunking out / going on academic probation. I finally let the cat out of the bag about ten to 15 years ago when I decided it was finally time to bust my own myth.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:28 pm 

RW wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Actually, Keith Richards method for being a junkie and staying alive is simple. 1st, know the purity of the stuff you are taking. This is not available to most junkies who take it on faith that their heroin is always of about the same purity. It isn't. Keith's was. He was rich so he bought his heroin in bulk from the same guy for years thus insuring his purity. 2nd, know your dose. Keith knew his does and never exceeded it. While all the other junkies around him died Keith just kept on using a liveable dose. Those around him started telling stories about Keith's incredible abilities and warned others not to try and party with him thus, giving him a mythological status which he's always been happy to cultivate. I read this in his book so there's the big secret to Keith Richards. Know your drug's purity and know your dose. I used a similar system at university. I lived in a hard partying dorm and room. I would come in after classes in the afternoon, stay sober until I had gone to the library to study for the next day's assignments and then would show up at the nightly party about 10:00 PM. As far as the other's were concerned I had been with them all day and night because they remembered seeing and being with me. They all thought I was a genius because I was the only one on the floor who made Dean's List / High Academic Honours every term while they were flunking out / going on academic probation. I finally let the cat out of the bag about ten to 15 years ago when I decided it was finally time to bust my own myth.

Okay, so Iggy clearly isn't on the Keith Richards' system. Iggy was homeless for a while, took anything anybody gave him for decades, and has also shagged everybody willing for 50 years now. Never mind things like cutting himself on stage, starting fights with biker gangs, and throwing shit at fans, which you'd think would cause some negative karma to come your way.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:34 pm 

Come with me
You will see
A world of pure imagination...

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/gene- ... 201846745/

:(

Young Frankenstein is a comedic masterpiece.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 839 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 42  Next