OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:46 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:

I can see Raymond's video session on it...
"He gets the puck from their goalie, skates past one of you, then the rest, and scores. Easily. Sigh. Next video."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:09 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Good heavens...

https://awfulannouncing.com/nhl/ottawa- ... video.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:25 pm 

First of the Uber Boys gets the boot: Chris Wideman sent to Edmonton for a sixth rounder.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:10 pm 
Big in Japan

Melnyk suing his development partner for 700M because he didn't get a free arena. The jig is up, Melnyk has no money. This won't work, and he'll have to sell. The only question is whether the buyer is in Ottawa, Quebec City or somewhere else...

https://t.co/BdDlnw8mKb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:25 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

E.L. wrote:
Melnyk suing his development partner for 700M because he didn't get a free arena. The jig is up, Melnyk has no money. This won't work, and he'll have to sell. The only question is whether the buyer is in Ottawa, Quebec City or somewhere else...

https://t.co/BdDlnw8mKb
Bettman has been pretty clear they have no intention of giving Quebec City a team via expansion, but they may have no choice in this instance if the most suitable location is Quebec given the variety of factors. Heard a rumour they've earmarked Houston as a potential fix to the Arizona conundrum, so they would likely be out of the running for this re-location.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:37 am 
Big in Japan

Matt Duchene is quietly putting up better than PPG numbers so far. Honestly think he'll re-sign. Seems like he'd rather be close to home than win, which is his prerogative.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:25 pm 

Yep, if he's happy living close to his beloved Haliburton County, more power to him. I never took him that seriously when he said the whole thing about not wanting to go through another rebuild (though that was totally understandable too). I think he was simply trying to stay classy and not saying what really happened, which was that the organization had simply soured on him and he wanted a fresh start.

Either way dude is gonna cash in.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:44 pm 

Both Matt Duchene and Bobby Ryan are set to miss significant time due to injuries.

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/12/07/se ... d-in-loss/

Dutchy was chasing down an icing when he pulled up lame, BR just flat-out ran into a guy's shoulder head-first going full speed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:10 pm 

Sens just loooooooove them former Avs properties. Not only is former Avs draft pick Paul Carey getting the nod, but recently-signed defenseman Stefan Elliott will be drawing in as well. Elliott was one of the picks in that once-stellar 2009 Avs draft class that yielded Duchene, O'Reilly, and Barrie. Now only Barrie remains on that roster.

Our old friend Sask knows plenty about Stef, a decent puckmover who has a very deceptive wrister that makes it through traffic. I still feel like a grand opportunity was missed, as he was passed up for bigger, slower, more physical defenders at the time and his development stalled badly. Maybe he'll reassert himself with this new opportunity.

Stef's old defensive partner in Saskatoon, Duncan Siemens ended up being taken in 2011 11th overall by the Avs but unfortunately ended up being a big bust. He had a brief but notable stint with the Avs late last season and even saw a game in the postseason (where he promptly got dunked on by Filip Forsberg) but is currently out of hockey.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:55 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:

Our old friend Sask

Alas, poor Sask. He never got the 01-02 goalie profiles out before he.... well, he just kinda disappeared.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:11 pm 

Sens make a trade!

https://canucksarmy.com/2019/01/02/canu ... s-nilsson/

Canucks get:
F Tom Pyatt
G Mike McKenna
2019 6th round pick

Senators get:
F Darren Archibald
G Anders Nilsson

Pyatt had cleared waivers already so the forwards were a 1-for-1 swap of minor leaguers.
McKenna will have to be waived again in order to be sent down but I imagine this is to make room for Thatcher Demko so it probably won't matter anyway.

I'm guessing the concussion to Anderson might be pretty serious so they opted for a more NHL-worn backup to hold the tide, though his numbers of late have not been encouraging in the least.

Oh, and what's more, these two teams play one another TONIGHT.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:07 pm 

Apparently Matt Duchene has had a few run-ins where his mouth got him in a little bit of trouble, so he's now approaching his impending free agency by being as cryptic as possible.

Quote:
The Senators want to keep Duchene because they view him as a building block. He would be a candidate for the captaincy, depending on what happens with Stone, and Duchene would have a big role with Ottawa if he stayed.

“Right now, if I had a gut feel, I’d probably go with it,” Duchene said. “At this point, we’re not quite at that point.”

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl ... e-decision

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:16 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Who in their right mind would go for Duchene at this stage? Not a team guy and it's a team game. He's not a player you can win with (with a capital W).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:12 am 
Big in Japan

Makes perfect sense for Duchene to stay: gets to stay home, make coin, be the local star, not have a ton of pressure.

Melnyk needs to hit the cap floor, so someone has to take his money.

Duchene could even get more term here, because why not? Who else will play here?

Win win

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:13 am 

Logical Progression wrote:
Who in their right mind would go for Duchene at this stage? Not a team guy and it's a team game. He's not a player you can win with (with a capital W).

He's a legit top line talent, someone's going to try. A local sportswriter ventured that Duchene is a good guy, but a lousy teammate. I suppose the opposite of that is a guy like Patrick Kane, a good teammate but horrid human being.

It's quite something though to see the two guys Colorado pinned their hopes and dreams on a decade ago, one is likely headed to a third team, the other is already there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:18 am 

E.L. wrote:
Makes perfect sense for Duchene to stay: gets to stay home, make coin, be the local star, not have a ton of pressure.

Melnyk needs to hit the cap floor, so someone has to take his money.

Duchene could even get more term here, because why not? Who else will play here?

Win win

The "pressure" will depend on two things: Whether Ottawa manages to build a winner around him and the core of Tkachuk, Lavoie, Chabot, and the likely lottery pick in 2020, and how good that first round pick ends up being for Colorado. If it ends up being Jack Hughes, for instance, and he does indeed live up to the hype, AND the Avs win it all (they goddamn well better if that happens) then Duchene will always be the guy who cost them that in the eyes of the fans, fair or not.

Nope, I don't think he stays at this point, certainly not of Uncle Eugene is lowballing him. I think he ends up in Nashville (gag) or...Detroit. And I'm not even joking. I hope it's Detroit. Islanders have been a long-rumored destination but I don't think that ends up happening.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:29 pm 
Big in Japan

From Bobby Mac:

Quote:
OTT is the clear frontrunner to land hometown boy Max Veronneau, the U.S. college free agent forward who just concluded his senior season at Princeton. Certainly looks as though the former Gloucester Ranger is on the verge of becoming a Senator.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:12 pm 
Big in Japan

The major piece Ottawa acquired at the deadline, D Erik Brannstrom, will make his NHL debut ce soir.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:43 am 
Big in Japan

:roll:

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/11 ... 3197418496

Quote:
Eugene Melnyk on @FAN590 questions whether the fans that are critical of his team are "real Senators fans," after claiming that one of the more vocal ones was "a 12-year-old from Toronto."

https://twitter.com/mattfharris/status/ ... 1063093248

Quote:
"He is so lucky I keep my mouth shut, he should keep his... I would be careful if I was him..." @Eugene Melnyk on @JimWatsonOttawa saying he was frustrated dealing with the Senators owner on Lebreton Flats file @billcarrolltalk @CFRAOttawa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:12 am 
OTP Clown

Can we change the thread title to "Be careful with that axe Eugene"...

https://youtu.be/tMpGdG27K9o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next