OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:26 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Can’t find the tweet but apparently Melnyk might be leaking bullshit contract offers to try and sully the reps of players who choose not to sign there. Ryan Dzingel was reportedly offered 5x5 and turned it down, but it appears that may not have been the case. Also, Anthony Duclair says the Sens did not offer the sum that supposedly made its way into the public eye.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:14 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
Can’t find the tweet but apparently Melnyk might be leaking bullshit contract offers to try and sully the reps of players who choose not to sign there. Ryan Dzingel was reportedly offered 5x5 and turned it down, but it appears that may not have been the case. Also, Anthony Duclair says the Sens did not offer the sum that supposedly made its way into the public eye.

Melnyk is such a dick it's easily believable even without evidence.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:39 pm 
Big in Japan

Holy moly the Sens are bad. Matthews might break some goal scoring records this season because of them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:59 am 

E.L. wrote:
Holy moly the Sens are bad. Matthews might break some goal scoring records this season because of them.

Owen Power is gonna look good in a Sens jersey.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:51 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

E.L. wrote:

To bad they can't play the Habs every night!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:54 pm 
Big in Japan

Scott 679 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

:fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:47 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

E.L. wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

:fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck:

:chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chris18: :chris18: :chris18: :chris18: :chris18: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:56 pm 
Big in Japan

Victor Mete scored his first for Ottawa. Starting to play more 8 games in: 17:55 and 16:48 in his last two. You love to see it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:36 pm 
Big in Japan

Sens give up on former 1st rounder Logan Brown. Sent packing to STL for Zach Sanford, an important grinder during their Cup run but now expensive, especially with Tarasenko still there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:26 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Sens give up on former 1st rounder Logan Brown. Sent packing to STL for Zach Sanford, an important grinder during their Cup run but now expensive, especially with Tarasenko still there.

The rumor in Av-land is that one of the breaking points between Patrick Roy and Joe Sakic was during the 2016 draft. Roy wanted Brown, but the team decided instead to take Tyson Jost. Jost has been a disappointment, but he's still a serviceable NHL player, unlike Brown.

I just can't tell if the Sens are on the right track or not. They sure seemed to go the GRIT rout even before Pierre showed up. Time will tell if that was the right call or not.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:29 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:

The rumor in Av-land is that one of the breaking points between Patrick Roy and Joe Sakic was during the 2016 draft. Roy wanted Brown, but the team decided instead to take Tyson Jost. Jost has been a disappointment, but he's still a serviceable NHL player, unlike Brown.

I just can't tell if the Sens are on the right track or not. They sure seemed to go the GRIT rout even before Pierre showed up. Time will tell if that was the right call or not.

Charlie McAvoy was sitting right there for everyone! Sometimes I wonder if he said he wouldn't sign unless it was the Bruins, because I can't believe a practically NHL ready defenceman slipped that far.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:35 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Charlie McAvoy was sitting right there for everyone! Sometimes I wonder if he said he wouldn't sign unless it was the Bruins, because I can't believe a practically NHL ready defenceman slipped that far.

Yep. I just keep telling myself that if the Avs had taken him back then, they likely wouldn't have Cale Makar today. There's some small comfort there as well as the fact that the 2016 draft was not exactly a stellar class. Certainly nowhere close to the year before.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:49 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Yep. I just keep telling myself that if the Avs had taken him back then, they likely wouldn't have Cale Makar today. There's some small comfort there as well as the fact that the 2016 draft was not exactly a stellar class. Certainly nowhere close to the year before.

I remember the hitjob Hockey Canada did on Chychrun, which was why he went from lottery guy to 16. Not sure why, but I think it was because he'd been a prospect so long people got tired of him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:50 am 
Big in Japan

No more holdout for Brady Tkachuk: 7 x 8.214M.

Can't worry about money/term too much, Ottawa needs to prove they're serious about keeping guys, and this does that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:26 pm 
Big in Japan

Crap season, rebuild spinning its wheels.

Sanderson will fix a lot of it, he looks ready to play

They traded Paul for Joseph, which was a nice move, then traded for Harmonic, who stinks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:14 am 
Big in Japan

They whiffed on Matt Murray (although he's improved of late), but that hasn't stopped them from re-signing Forsberg to a very manageable 3 x 2.75M AAV. Honestly, if Murray's game, this could be a decent tandem.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:07 pm 

Apart from the Forsberg extension, what a fucking AWFUL deadline for the Sens. Why would you deal away a perfectly capable defensive forward in Paul just so you can pay a fading, oft-injured defenseman?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:22 pm 
Old Man of the Post

E.L. wrote:
They traded Paul for Joseph, which was a nice move, then traded for Harmonic, who stinks.

I'm guessing Jim R has a pee tape or two. Hamonic does indeed suck and wasn't terribly popular in the dressing room.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:29 pm 

Used to think Hamonic was a good guy until I found out he's an antivaxxer moron. Also an immensely stupid player on the ice who takes dumb penalties, and he's not a very effective player anymore.

No idea why Dorion made this move--I feel like Pierre Maguire had a part to play in this. I bet he LOVES guys who start needless scrums in front of the net.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:26 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Used to think Hamonic was a good guy until I found out he's an antivaxxer moron. Also an immensely stupid player on the ice who takes dumb penalties, and he's not a very effective player anymore.

No idea why Dorion made this move--I feel like Pierre Maguire had a part to play in this. I bet he LOVES guys who start needless scrums in front of the net.

I FUCKING CALLED IT!

https://twitter.com/SensCentral/status/ ... _&ref_url=

Listening now to NHL Radio talk about the Sens really terrible deadline day. Apparently Hamonic was really disliked in that Vancouver locker room. I tell ya I have a completely different view of this guy as opposed to early on in his career. The last couple years have done a ton of damage to his reputation around the league. I was actually quite the fan way back when...way off base it turns out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next