OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:12 am 
Big in Japan

Longtime Sen Zack Smith put on waivers. Melnyk won't even keep a fan fave around, even if he was lousy last season.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:08 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

They demoted Gustavsson to the ECHL. To quote Bonk's Mullet on Twitter, even Belleville is tanking it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:11 pm 

Man, these run-and-gun Sens are nothing if not fun to watch. I'll give Boucher credit for throwing his usual defense-first strategy in the garbage and just sayin' eff it. It may not only save his job, it may end up saving the Sens (and irk some Avs fans, but I had a feeling they weren't going to be as bad as everyone thought).

Now if they end up trading Stone and Duchene, that may change, but maybe not even after that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:28 pm 
Big in Japan

Brady out a month with a torn ligament in his leg. Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:23 pm 

Looks like it happened when he tried to rub out Blake Comeau along the boards in the victory against Dallas.

That sucks--he was really starting to show why they picked him 4th overall.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:30 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Former Shark Chris Tierney seems to be off to flying start for the Sens with 9 points in 7 games.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:28 am 

To quote Matthew McConaughey's character in The Wolf of Wall Street: Holy motherfuckin' shit...

https://deadspin.com/ottawa-senators-pl ... 1830242726

I can't even bring myself to watch the video...too cringey.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:16 am 
OTP Clown

The video is fucking hilarious! You need to see it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:04 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
To quote Matthew McConaughey's character in The Wolf of Wall Street: Holy motherfuckin' shit...

https://deadspin.com/ottawa-senators-pl ... 1830242726

I can't even bring myself to watch the video...too cringey.

I'd love for someone to film the next video review session. :lol: That should be fun!
Duchene! Are you paying attention??? Are we wasting your time? :laugh:

How many more ways can shit go wrong up there?
Sexual misconduct by a coach.
Owner threatening to move the team.
Wives/GFs Twitter war over harassment.
This.
I'm sure I've missed a few things that dropped in the last 6 months alone, right?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:11 pm 
King of the One-Liner

I that is what it takes to get some communication going as it sounds like there isn't. It is bad airing dirty laundry but it is also bad that after a couple seasons of awful penalty killing the players feel like nothing is trying to be done different. That should be an even bigger alarm than the blabber mouthing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:16 pm 

Chris18 wrote:

Sexual misconduct by a coach.
Owner threatening to move the team.
Wives/GFs Twitter war over harassment.
This.
I'm sure I've missed a few things that dropped in the last 6 months alone, right?

Cody Ceci's g/f accidentally lit another woman's face on fire. And it was actually sexual misconduct by a member of the front office, the guy who was in charge of draftees...the youngsters. :shock:

Okay saw some of the video but not all of it. Some observations:

1. I would slap any player upside the head who referred to practice as "pracky" and his stick as a "twiggy." No wonder hockey nicknames are so unimaginative.

2. Matt Duchene probably cost himself around $10 million right there...maybe more.

3. I can't tell if they're making fun of Borowiecki or not.

4. It's mostly Duchene and Wideman doing the shit-talking while the young guys keep mostly quiet.

Someone on HF who claims to have insider information said some major smack talk was going down with Bednar during Colorado's swan-dive season, and Duchene was part of that too. Given what Bednar has intimated in pressers and what not I don't believe there's any love lost between those two.

I saw on Twitter that Duchene and Marty Raymond had what had to be the most awkward conversation ever at center ice today. Yeesh.

This makes me feel a little better about Duchene being gone. It doesn't help the rumors that he was a divisive presence in the locker room. I've been a staunch defender of his for years but I can't help but be a little disappointed in the young man right now. Yeah, I get it, hot-stoving and what not happens all the time, but the level of disrespect from guys who are supposed to be setting an example for the younger guys on a rebuilding team is disconcerting to say the least. I can't help but lose more than a little respect for the guy, and I guarantee the number of teams who would have been vying for his services has dropped by a fair margin.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:23 pm 
OTP Historian

I haven't seen the video yet, but I will just say that lots of teams and players in groups will blow off steam and shit talk players and probably coaches too, but I wasn't playing at a level/age to really observe the coach shittalking. I agree with Hounsy's thoughts.

The whole Senators mess is continuously summed up by BonksMullet just retweeting this as needed.

Quote:
@BonksMullet

Things can't possibly get wo—

*things instantly get 10x worse*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:59 pm 

Yeah - twiggy. I just think of the Buck Rogers robot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:40 pm 

Chris18 wrote:

That's "Twiki." :lol: Now you got that stupid dbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdb thing he did in my head now.

I actually think of the '60s model that Cunning Linguist dated back in his youth.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:02 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:50 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

That's "Twiki." :lol: Now you got that stupid dbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdb thing he did in my head now.

I actually think of the '60s model that Cunning Linguist dated back in his youth.

Really? All these years I thought it was Twiggy. :lol: That show only ran 2 years??? Amazing how Google sets memory straight. I thought it was a long-running show. Man. One stupid comment by me just changed a lot of childhood memories. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:30 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Really? All these years I thought it was Twiggy. :lol: That show only ran 2 years??? Amazing how Google sets memory straight. I thought it was a long-running show. Man. One stupid comment by me just changed a lot of childhood memories. :lol:

Well I mean, Star Trek only ran for 3 seasons, and the original Battlestar Galactica only one (with a radically reworked revival series that society has collectively agreed never happened). Look how much mileage they got outta that! But yeah, I'm the same way, thought that show lasted forever. Syndication has a way of playing tricks on you like that I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:52 pm 

Melnyk and the Sens play the Trump card and ban the Citizen's beat reporter from the team's charter flight.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/o ... -1.4899796

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:32 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Melnyk and the Sens play the Trump card and ban the Citizen's beat reporter from the team's charter flight.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/o ... -1.4899796

:psyduck: - That video was fake news.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:03 am 

Oh wow

https://streamable.com/54lfy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next