OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:58 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
The six alternate captains for #NYR will be Artemi Panarin, Chris Kreider, Mika Zibanejad, Jacob Trouba, Ryan Strome and Barclay Goodrow.

Did Gallant walk into the locker room in an Oprah mask? You get an A, and you get an A, and YOU get an A!

Pick a Captain and move on with life.

Lame. Kreider is obviously the guy they're gonna pin the C on, just get it over with.

I thought Zib would get it, since he just signed for 8 more years.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:00 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:

I mean, they could do that, but Kreider seems to embody precisely what the Rags want their identity to be--fast, skilled, and more than a little chippy.

Plus, the best guy to have looking out for everyone else would be someone who can crane their neck to rafters-level.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:03 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

I mean, they could do that, but Kreider seems to embody precisely what the Rags want their identity to be--fast, skilled, and more than a little chippy.

Plus, the best guy to have looking out for everyone else would be someone who can crane their neck to rafters-level.

Follow the fearless leader into the crease! Full speed Goalie running, then say you're too fast to stop! :bandwagon:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:59 pm 

Greg McKegg tests positive for covid. He didn't play against the Isles, for whatever that's worth.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:55 pm 
Big in Japan

Team's kicking butt and Shesterkin is a future Vezina winner. Lafreniere moved to RW because he's blocked with Kreider and Bread ahead of him on the left side. He needs a new home.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:44 am 
Big in Japan

Big controversy bubbling in Montreal because Rangers GM Chris Drury did not allow Alexis Lafreniere to give an interview in his native tongue to local media. Drury implemented a rule that Rangers players can only speak in English publicly, so he can understand everything. Paranoid dude.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:04 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Big controversy bubbling in Montreal because Rangers GM Chris Drury did not allow Alexis Lafreniere to give an interview in his native tongue to local media. Drury implemented a rule that Rangers players can only speak in English publicly, so he can understand everything. Paranoid dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qanF-91aJo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:37 pm 

E.L. wrote:

That's stupid.

The Avs had an English-only rule way back when Drury played for them. Or it was a request at least, don't know if it was a hard and fast rule. There was a practice when Bob Hartley was just starting out as head coach and he was speaking to either Alex Tanguay or Patrick Roy in French, and Joe Sakic politely asked them to keep it in English, but not because he was afraid of what they were saying, but he didn't want any perceived barriers between teammates, linguistic or otherwise. Don't know if that's influencing Drury at all, but there was NEVER any ban by the Avs as far as speaking to media in whatever language they wanted. Obviously not with guys like Roy, Hartley, and Lacroix around.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:47 pm 

It's 2022. If you can't find someone or an app to translate what they've said within a few minutes, you don't deserve a job in an industry with folks from diverse countries.

I get not wanting something like the 2 Russian goalies to speak Russian during practice, as English only players may think they're talking shit about them or something like that. But an interview with media? It will be widely reported on anyway, so if that is a rule, it's just stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:17 pm 

My God people are fucking idiots. Sammy Blais called a photo his sister posted on IG "Pomal sexy" and he's getting so much shit for it she took it down.

Anyway, it'll be an interesting offseason. I don't expect Ryan Strome to be back, but I do expect they'll re-up Andrew Copp. Rangers don't have a ton of cap room to play with, but there's a promising core of talent in place. Would not be surprised if Kaapo Kakko, a healthy scratch in game six, is on his way out.

It also helps that the self-inflicted implosion of the Russian economy has prompted Vitaly Kravtsov to give the NHL another go. Signs a one-year deal with NY, whether it's for playing or for trade purposes, time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:58 pm 

Should also add that Jacob Trouba, on top of being one of the dirtiest goddamned players in the league, also kinda sucks and let Stamkos blow right by him for the game-winner the other night.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:45 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
Should also add that Jacob Trouba, on top of being one of the dirtiest goddamned players in the league, also kinda sucks and let Stamkos blow right by him for the game-winner the other night.

And now he's the new Rangers captain for some reason...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:33 am 

E.L. wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

And now he's the new Rangers captain for some reason...

It was either Captain Head Shot or Captain Goalie Runner. Captain Head Shot is easier to say.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:31 am 

Took this long for me to realize Ryan and Charlie Lindgren are brothers. Here they are at Charlie’s wedding looking like they’re going to don straw hats and look for two more guys to harmonize with.

https://twitter.com/nyrangers/status/15 ... YFAy3fYV4w

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:32 am 

The Rangers still seem like they're legit contenders, but something feels very much off.

What strikes me as crazy is that the Rangers scored the 2nd overall and 1st overall pick in back-to-back drafts, and it's looking more and more possible that they didn't get a franchise cornerstone out of either one. That seems crazy to me.

Drury and the Rangers should be thanking their lucky stars every day since two of their actual franchise cornerstones were free agents who flat out said they wanted to play in New York and nowhere else.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:25 pm 

Hmmmmmmm...Rangers might be in a bit of trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:20 am 

Shesterkin is average this year and Halak hasn't been very good for a while. Goaltending is no longer stealing them games.

My fear is they fire Gallant and bring in Trotz. I don't know if he'd go there or not. But I'd hate to see him running their bench.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:02 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Shesterkin is average this year and Halak hasn't been very good for a while. Goaltending is no longer stealing them games.

My fear is they fire Gallant and bring in Trotz. I don't know if he'd go there or not. But I'd hate to see him running their bench.

Trotz did say he wanted to coach an "Original Six" team, so there ya go. Also I imagine he'd love to stick it to Lou. But I think if he goes anywhere, it's going to be Toronto.

I did some cursory analysis and Gallant appears to have been the beneficiary of elite goaltending in his most successful seasons. Once the Save % dips into "merely good" territory, his teams struggle. Obviously there's always generally a correlation between good goaltending and "good" coaching, but I wonder now if Gallant really is that good a coach, or if he was just insanely lucky at three of his four stops.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:18 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Trotz did say he wanted to coach an "Original Six" team, so there ya go. Also I imagine he'd love to stick it to Lou. But I think if he goes anywhere, it's going to be Toronto.

I'm not so sure. Trotz looked kind of disinterested last year to me. I wonder if they relieved him of his duties publicly, but in reality he talked about retiring or taking time off. There were games they lost where he just looked like he didn't give a shit. You'd think a coach with relatively the same team that went to the ECF twice in a row would be pissed at losing with them, or with the GM for bringing in a guy like Chara to "help" the defense. Either way, you'd think he'd be pissed off. Maybe a year off is what he needed. Or part of a year off.

Just my theory.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:54 am 
Big in Japan

Lafreniere is a healthy scratch, and you can better believe Gorton is skulking around. But so too are a bunch of other teams. Pat Kane for Laf makes too much sense.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next