OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:46 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
I think the Rangers gave him a surprising amount of rope up until he said COVID wasn't real, which definitely crossed a line beyond politics. How many dead in the city that pays you, buddy?

33k if memory serves me correctly, and that's what most Ranger fans I know think pushed the team over the edge.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:24 pm 

And DeAngelo fully deletes his account now. Guess he had reactivated it, after hearing so many people say his account had been as deactivated as him vs Aho in the sweep.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:17 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Now he's saying he wants to go to Parler, except now I'm reading both Apple and Google have banned it from their devices. :lol:

Also, Parler had to delete posts from some psycho lawyer named L. Lin Wood because he was calling for the execution of Mike Pence.

Oh hey Parler I thought you were all about letting conspiracy nuts and Nazis congregate and talk about whatever...?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:22 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Now he's saying he wants to go to Parler, except now I'm reading both Apple and Google have banned it from their devices. :lol:

Also, Parler had to delete posts from some psycho lawyer named L. Lin Wood because he was calling for the execution of Mike Pence.

Oh hey Parler I thought you were all about letting conspiracy nuts and Nazis congregate and talk about whatever...?

From what I read, both platforms have removed the app from their stores. People can still go through the web site to access the site. So they aren't being "silenced", similar to the pres not being "silenced" from his twitter ban, since he has a press conference podium in his backyard and could access the whole world through it. Sure the press would love to talk to him about now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:23 pm 

Sounds like Amazon is refusing to host the site so they’ll have to find a new host or shut down entirely.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:23 pm 
OTP Clown

They are gone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:24 pm 

Happy on one hand, but on the other, going farther underground means less people can monitor what they're planning.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 pm 
OTP Clown

They will also be more difficult to join. As they used to be. And less mainstream so lower numbers. Fringe people. Can stay there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:31 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Happy on one hand, but on the other, going farther underground means less people can monitor what they're planning.

You can't eliminate them outright, but you can de-platform them and make it harder for them to recruit, communicate, and organize.

Obviously "monitoring" really didn't do much since the people doing the monitoring were, in a lot of cases, sympathizers.

It's a real shame. If there was any actual justice in this world, Mark Zuckerberg would be in jail right now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:06 pm 
Big in Japan

Rangers rumoured to be looking in Pierre-Luc Dubois' direction. Obvious fit, but it would cost them a Kaapo Kakko+ to get it done.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:03 pm 

Even if this isn't actually QueAngelo, he's made the situation believable.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/is-tony-de-an ... 55667.html

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:33 pm 
Big in Japan

Tony eAngelo (no D) got into an altercation with a teammate and he's out.

The funny thing about these guys is they'll say they got a raw deal because of their politics, but it's actually because he's a giant prick. Hockey is a conservative sport. Most guys lean conservative. But most of them aren't running their mouths online like he was.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:15 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Tony eAngelo (no D) got into an altercation with a teammate and he's out.

The funny thing about these guys is they'll say they got a raw deal because of their politics, but it's actually because he's a giant prick. Hockey is a conservative sport. Most guys lean conservative. But most of them aren't running their mouths online like he was.

Damn. I like it when he's on the ice.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:44 pm 

The Rangers traded for a guy who was covered in red flags, and not only enabled his ugly, racist behavior, they even promoted his fucking podcast. He enjoyed a fluke season where he outscored his averages by a huge margin, but that was mostly because Marc Staal (yes, Marc Staal) was covering for his ass and Artemi Panarin was feeding him a ton of offense. I mean, it doesn't help that dumbass Quinn put him out there with quite possibly the worst defenseman in the National Hockey League (hint: Shares a similar name with that one guy who toured with every single festival in America in the mid-aughts) but they could have sold high and gotten good futures on him, but nope...they ran straight into his arbitration year and gave him an inflated contract as a result.

I have ZERO sympathy for the dumbfucks currently running things at MSG. Gorton has no idea what he's doing. He has a massive amount of cap tied up in dead space, and may have to use even more to get rid of the current mess on his hands. Meanwhile, it was his and Quinn's job to protect young K'Andre Miller, and all they did was knowingly let a black player just getting started share a locker room with the most demonstrably racist player in the league. Fuck all of these assholes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:54 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Pokecheque wrote:
The Rangers traded for a guy who was covered in red flags, and not only enabled his ugly, racist behavior, they even promoted his fucking podcast. He enjoyed a fluke season where he outscored his averages by a huge margin, but that was mostly because Marc Staal (yes, Marc Staal) was covering for his ass and Artemi Panarin was feeding him a ton of offense. I mean, it doesn't help that dumbass Quinn put him out there with quite possibly the worst defenseman in the National Hockey League (hint: Shares a similar name with that one guy who toured with every single festival in America in the mid-aughts) but they could have sold high and gotten good futures on him, but nope...they ran straight into his arbitration year and gave him an inflated contract as a result.

I have ZERO sympathy for the dumbfucks currently running things at MSG. Gorton has no idea what he's doing. He has a massive amount of cap tied up in dead space, and may have to use even more to get rid of the current mess on his hands. Meanwhile, it was his and Quinn's job to protect young K'Andre Miller, and all they did was knowingly let a black player just getting started share a locker room with the most demonstrably racist player in the league. Fuck all of these assholes.

Am I missing something. Dreger reports there's a "ton of interest in De Angelo"

First off I don't get it with all of his bullshit, but secondly, why wouldn't he have been picked up for free of waivers?

Again, I am sure I am missing something.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:00 pm 

Scott 679 wrote:
Am I missing something. Dreger reports there's a "ton of interest in De Angelo"

First off I don't get it with all of his bullshit, but secondly, why wouldn't he have been picked up for free of waivers?

Again, I am sure I am missing something.

Oh I buy that. I bet there is no shortage of teams who think they can fix him or keep him under control. The guy put up 53 points with 15 of those being goals--even if that proves to be a fluke (and I think it is) teams never really believe that, they always bet on the player sustaining that type of production.

Also, sports is full of hard-core conservatives. Maybe not as batshit-crazy as DeAngelo is, but a lot of them I think are close or at least sympathize with his warped views--they're just smart enough to keep it close to the vest, unlike DeAngelo.

He'll get another shot somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:45 pm 
Big in Japan

There's interest because a lot of people in the NHL believe in the same things he believes in, only they're smart enough to keep their mouths shut.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:47 pm 

Agreed, so why didn't someone just pick him up on waivers, instead of having to now make a trade?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:17 pm 

Scott 679 wrote:
Agreed, so why didn't someone just pick him up on waivers, instead of having to now make a trade?

GMs are generally wary of waivers, especially if it's a player with a not-cheap deal. You're taking on that cap hit without shedding any salary, and right now hardly any teams have ample room to take on something like that. If a team can wait the Rangers out and get them to retain salary, that immediately becomes a more palatable acquisition.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:18 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:

GMs are generally wary of waivers, especially if it's a player with a not-cheap deal. You're taking on that cap hit without shedding any salary, and right now hardly any teams have ample room to take on something like that. If a team can wait the Rangers out and get them to retain salary, that immediately becomes a more palatable acquisition.

Ah yes! Completely forgot about that.

Thanks Poke!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next