OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:46 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 8940
E.L. wrote:
I think the Rangers gave him a surprising amount of rope up until he said COVID wasn't real, which definitely crossed a line beyond politics. How many dead in the city that pays you, buddy?


33k if memory serves me correctly, and that's what most Ranger fans I know think pushed the team over the edge.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:24 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 8940
And DeAngelo fully deletes his account now. Guess he had reactivated it, after hearing so many people say his account had been as deactivated as him vs Aho in the sweep.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:17 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 23273
Now he's saying he wants to go to Parler, except now I'm reading both Apple and Google have banned it from their devices. :lol:

Also, Parler had to delete posts from some psycho lawyer named L. Lin Wood because he was calling for the execution of Mike Pence.

Oh hey Parler I thought you were all about letting conspiracy nuts and Nazis congregate and talk about whatever...?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:22 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 8940
Pokecheque wrote:
Now he's saying he wants to go to Parler, except now I'm reading both Apple and Google have banned it from their devices. :lol:

Also, Parler had to delete posts from some psycho lawyer named L. Lin Wood because he was calling for the execution of Mike Pence.

Oh hey Parler I thought you were all about letting conspiracy nuts and Nazis congregate and talk about whatever...?


From what I read, both platforms have removed the app from their stores. People can still go through the web site to access the site. So they aren't being "silenced", similar to the pres not being "silenced" from his twitter ban, since he has a press conference podium in his backyard and could access the whole world through it. Sure the press would love to talk to him about now.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:23 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 23273
Sounds like Amazon is refusing to host the site so they’ll have to find a new host or shut down entirely.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:23 pm 
Offline
OTP Clown
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:25 pm
Posts: 3931
They are gone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:24 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 8940
Happy on one hand, but on the other, going farther underground means less people can monitor what they're planning.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 pm 
Offline
OTP Clown
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:25 pm
Posts: 3931
They will also be more difficult to join. As they used to be. And less mainstream so lower numbers. Fringe people. Can stay there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:31 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 23273
Chris18 wrote:
Happy on one hand, but on the other, going farther underground means less people can monitor what they're planning.


You can't eliminate them outright, but you can de-platform them and make it harder for them to recruit, communicate, and organize.

Obviously "monitoring" really didn't do much since the people doing the monitoring were, in a lot of cases, sympathizers.

It's a real shame. If there was any actual justice in this world, Mark Zuckerberg would be in jail right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:06 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 12132
Location: 'Real City
Rangers rumoured to be looking in Pierre-Luc Dubois' direction. Obvious fit, but it would cost them a Kaapo Kakko+ to get it done.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:03 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 8940
Even if this isn't actually QueAngelo, he's made the situation believable.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/is-tony-de-an ... 55667.html

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:33 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 12132
Location: 'Real City
Tony eAngelo (no D) got into an altercation with a teammate and he's out.

The funny thing about these guys is they'll say they got a raw deal because of their politics, but it's actually because he's a giant prick. Hockey is a conservative sport. Most guys lean conservative. But most of them aren't running their mouths online like he was.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:15 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 8940
E.L. wrote:
Tony eAngelo (no D) got into an altercation with a teammate and he's out.

The funny thing about these guys is they'll say they got a raw deal because of their politics, but it's actually because he's a giant prick. Hockey is a conservative sport. Most guys lean conservative. But most of them aren't running their mouths online like he was.


Damn. I like it when he's on the ice.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:44 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 23273
The Rangers traded for a guy who was covered in red flags, and not only enabled his ugly, racist behavior, they even promoted his fucking podcast. He enjoyed a fluke season where he outscored his averages by a huge margin, but that was mostly because Marc Staal (yes, Marc Staal) was covering for his ass and Artemi Panarin was feeding him a ton of offense. I mean, it doesn't help that dumbass Quinn put him out there with quite possibly the worst defenseman in the National Hockey League (hint: Shares a similar name with that one guy who toured with every single festival in America in the mid-aughts) but they could have sold high and gotten good futures on him, but nope...they ran straight into his arbitration year and gave him an inflated contract as a result.

I have ZERO sympathy for the dumbfucks currently running things at MSG. Gorton has no idea what he's doing. He has a massive amount of cap tied up in dead space, and may have to use even more to get rid of the current mess on his hands. Meanwhile, it was his and Quinn's job to protect young K'Andre Miller, and all they did was knowingly let a black player just getting started share a locker room with the most demonstrably racist player in the league. Fuck all of these assholes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:54 pm 
Offline
Improvement on the US678 prototype
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 1348
Pokecheque wrote:
The Rangers traded for a guy who was covered in red flags, and not only enabled his ugly, racist behavior, they even promoted his fucking podcast. He enjoyed a fluke season where he outscored his averages by a huge margin, but that was mostly because Marc Staal (yes, Marc Staal) was covering for his ass and Artemi Panarin was feeding him a ton of offense. I mean, it doesn't help that dumbass Quinn put him out there with quite possibly the worst defenseman in the National Hockey League (hint: Shares a similar name with that one guy who toured with every single festival in America in the mid-aughts) but they could have sold high and gotten good futures on him, but nope...they ran straight into his arbitration year and gave him an inflated contract as a result.

I have ZERO sympathy for the dumbfucks currently running things at MSG. Gorton has no idea what he's doing. He has a massive amount of cap tied up in dead space, and may have to use even more to get rid of the current mess on his hands. Meanwhile, it was his and Quinn's job to protect young K'Andre Miller, and all they did was knowingly let a black player just getting started share a locker room with the most demonstrably racist player in the league. Fuck all of these assholes.


Am I missing something. Dreger reports there's a "ton of interest in De Angelo"

First off I don't get it with all of his bullshit, but secondly, why wouldn't he have been picked up for free of waivers?

Again, I am sure I am missing something.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:00 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 23273
Scott 679 wrote:
Am I missing something. Dreger reports there's a "ton of interest in De Angelo"

First off I don't get it with all of his bullshit, but secondly, why wouldn't he have been picked up for free of waivers?

Again, I am sure I am missing something.


Oh I buy that. I bet there is no shortage of teams who think they can fix him or keep him under control. The guy put up 53 points with 15 of those being goals--even if that proves to be a fluke (and I think it is) teams never really believe that, they always bet on the player sustaining that type of production.

Also, sports is full of hard-core conservatives. Maybe not as batshit-crazy as DeAngelo is, but a lot of them I think are close or at least sympathize with his warped views--they're just smart enough to keep it close to the vest, unlike DeAngelo.

He'll get another shot somewhere.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:45 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 12132
Location: 'Real City
There's interest because a lot of people in the NHL believe in the same things he believes in, only they're smart enough to keep their mouths shut.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:47 pm 
Offline
Improvement on the US678 prototype
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 1348
Agreed, so why didn't someone just pick him up on waivers, instead of having to now make a trade?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:17 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 23273
Scott 679 wrote:
Agreed, so why didn't someone just pick him up on waivers, instead of having to now make a trade?


GMs are generally wary of waivers, especially if it's a player with a not-cheap deal. You're taking on that cap hit without shedding any salary, and right now hardly any teams have ample room to take on something like that. If a team can wait the Rangers out and get them to retain salary, that immediately becomes a more palatable acquisition.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:18 pm 
Offline
Improvement on the US678 prototype
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 1348
Pokecheque wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:
Agreed, so why didn't someone just pick him up on waivers, instead of having to now make a trade?


GMs are generally wary of waivers, especially if it's a player with a not-cheap deal. You're taking on that cap hit without shedding any salary, and right now hardly any teams have ample room to take on something like that. If a team can wait the Rangers out and get them to retain salary, that immediately becomes a more palatable acquisition.


Ah yes! Completely forgot about that.

Thanks Poke!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group