OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:11 pm 
Big in Japan

Adam Fox on LTIR.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:17 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

NHL Network posted some numbers on the Rangers--basically they're living and dying on special teams. They have, when you combine the success of their power play and penalty kill, the best special teams in the entire league. But at even strength they're not so great. Middle of the pack in terms of goals scored and bottom third in shots/chances given up.

What's interesting is that they've been this successful thus far without Igor Shestyorkin being all that great. Oddly enough it's Jonathan Quick who's been the better goalie.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:36 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I was happy when they signed Quick, thinking he'd be pretty bad for them. Bastard.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:34 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

You know what I can't believe? That Zibanejad was able to play last night after that vicious and intentional hit by noted goon Adam "the Cobra" Pelech. I thought he'd be out for months, if not have to call it a career after the (checks notes) shoulder/elbow that Pelech threw while not even looking. It's incredible that Mr. Snape Drape was able to make such a quick recovery. I hope magic potions show up in PED tests.

Laviolette ever so slightly walked back his comments on that after last night's loss to the Flyers. He sat at the mic, smirked and said something like "alright, I've calmed down".
Probably still dress Rempe against the Isles, especially if Martin is hurt. The Rangers don't really have to worry much, since the Isles don't have a legit heavyweight with Martin and Mayfield out (Mayfield is more a middleweight but is willing to go with heavyweights), and the Isles' PP is useless of late. So I expect some goonery from them, especially since they're now in real danger of dropping to Metro 2. Hurricanes are only 3 points behind the Rangers with 3 games left. Rangers only have 2 games left. If they lose to the Isles, they may very well find themselves in the first playoff series between the two in 30 years!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10