OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Chris18 wrote:
Isles up 3-0 after first period vs Rangers. Zibanedouchebag slew footed Palmieri, causing Palmieri to slam his head on the ice. Palmieri is usually pretty mellow. He was screaming at the refs afterwards, shoved Zib, who skated away like the candy ass that he is. It was no accident. Zib caught up to Palmieri, put his left arm on the front of Palmieri's right shoulder, and brought his left leg to the back of Palmieri's right skate. Scummy move and I hope someone teaches him some manners. Dick.

Anyway. Barzal got a penalty shot a few minutes into the game, and of course, was stopped. Isles can't buy a shootout goal, so why would they score on their only penalty shot (either way) all year long? :lol: I can laugh since they're up 3-0, but that's not a safe lead, even if the Isles are dominating in all ways so far.

Well Habs doing their part up 6-0 after two. I guess the Flyers have just given up.

Slafkovsky with a hat trick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:55 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Thank you Habs!
Red Wings- what happened?

Isles hold on, barely. Saturday may get ugly. Dobson boarded Trochek, no call. Isles got the puck and scored the empty netter. Trochek lost his shot on the refs.

Earlier Zib was going off for a change and skated his own jaw into pekech’s shoulder. Pelech hadn’t been looking. Karma, dickhead.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:25 pm 

Updates to my personal notes that nobody else on the planet cares about, but me.

Remaining schedules of the 5 teams fighting for 2 playoff spots.
For my own sanity I'm going to update this list. After games on 4/9:

Philly 87 points. Finish in EC11
4/5- at Buffalo - Loss
4/6- at Columbus (hopefully back to back hurts them) Loss
4/9- at Montreal - Loss. Asses handed to them. Thanks Habs!
4/11- at Rangers Win.
4/13- vs Devils WIN
4/16- vs Caps Loss

Caps 91 points. Finish in WC2. Will face the Rangers. Rempe vs Wilson should be fun to watch.
4/5- at Carolina - Loss
4/7- vs Ottawa- OT Loss
4/9- at Detroit - Win
4/11- at Buffalo Loss
4/13- vs Tampa Win
4/15- vs Boston Win
4/16- at Philly. Win

Red Wings 91 points. Finish in E9. Tied the Caps in points but lost the Regulation Wins tiebreaker.
4/5- vs Rangers - Loss
4/7- vs Buffalo- WIN. Pretty much ends Buffalo's playoff hopes.
4/9- vs Caps - Loss
4/11- at Pittsburgh OT Loss
4/13- at Toronto Win
4/15- vs Montreal Win
4/16- at Montreal Win

Pittsburgh 88 points. 1 games left (1 on road) Currently E10.
4/6- vs Tampa - Win. Fucking Bolts always find a way to fuck the Isles.
4/8- at Toronto - OTL
4/11- vs Detroit OT Win
4/13- vs Boston Loss
4/15- vs Nashville

4/17- at Isles.

Isles 92 points. 1 games left (1 home) Clinched M3 in Game 81. Will play Hurricanes.
4/6- vs Nashville WIN.
4/9- vs Rangers - WIN
4/11- vs Montreal Win
4/13- at Rangers OTL
4/15- at Devils Win

4/17- vs Pittsburgh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:03 am 

Laviolette was yelling to the press about "all the dirty hits" the Isles threw. I'll give him the Dobson on Trochek one. Although he should take a look at Trochek's history, and let's be honest here Peter, you employ Rempe. Sit down and shut up. Oh, wait, in between finishing another box of donuts, Peter Lotsoweight has more to say. What's that, telling the press to "look at the vicious and intentional hit" that Pelech "threw" on ZibanaDbag? I'll have to wait for that one to happen, because from the various angles of video that I've seen, it looks a lot more like Zib skating into Pelech, who wasn't even remotely looking at him and didn't seem to brace for the impact. Certainly didn't throw a hit on it. Very unfortunate accident. Laviolette said something about Zib having a separated shoulder, but returning to the bench. If someone has a separated shoulder, I don't think they're going back to the bench. Just stop.

If the Dobson-Trochek hit should have been called (side note- it should have), then Zib slew footing Palmieri certainly should have been called. Shut up. Take the good and bad calls. Concentrate on your next game since the Canes are breathing down your neck now.

Peter, did you happen to see the actual dirty slew foot that Zib did to Palmieri in the first period, long before either the "dirty hits" you're whining about? Oh, you missed that? Okay. Convenient. It's Wednesday. Go to Carvel for another BOGO deal on Sundaes.

Roy was asked about Laviolette's comments. He replied something along the lines of you say things like that when you're frustrated.

$100 says Laviolette has Rempe play Saturday and he throws a dirty hit, or multiple.

Isles need to concentrate on the Habs tomorrow night. Can't look past them. Philly sure found out what the Habs are capable of. Isles fans thank you for your help! Now chill out. :lol: I hope the Habs used up their offense for Thursday's game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:24 pm 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
Isles need to concentrate on the Habs tomorrow night. Can't look past them. Philly sure found out what the Habs are capable of. Isles fans thank you for your help! Now chill out. :lol: I hope the Habs used up their offense for Thursday's game.

With their season on the line, the Flyers lost a combined 15-5 to the Canadiens and Blue Jackets. What a stumble.

I don't think Paddy will let his old club dash his current club's playoff hopes. He's just too competitive for that. Of course, he's not the one playing...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:53 pm 

E.L. wrote:

I don't think Paddy will let his old club dash his current club's playoff hopes. He's just too competitive for that. Of course, he's not the one playing...

Isles got embarrassed last time they played Montreal. Roy looked like he was going to blow a gasket. I can't see him not getting them ready for this game. I'd think he wants them to not just win, but stomp the Habs.

The players may be ready for a Rangers hangover, and/or looking ahead to Saturday's game vs the Rangers, but Roy won't be.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:31 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Chris18 wrote:

Earlier Zib was going off for a change and skated his own jaw into pekech’s shoulder. Pelech hadn’t been looking. Karma, dickhead.

Saw the replay and he skated right in to Pek's shoulder with Pek not even looking, Just before contact both he and Zib are looking at the play in the zone.

Complete BS! Zib is not even skating hard, and then went down like he was shot.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:25 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

That was obviously an accident, and Lavi focusing so much conspiracy theorist energy on that just took attention away from the ACTUAL dirty hit on Trocheck by Dobson he should have been incensed about.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:37 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
That was obviously an accident, and Lavi focusing so much conspiracy theorist energy on that just took attention away from the ACTUAL dirty hit on Trocheck by Dobson he should have been incensed about.

Yeah. Dobson should have gotten called there. Although so should the Ranger who crosschecked him immediately afterwards, and the Ranger who slammed Romanov's head into the boards, and Zib for the slew foot on Palmieri, Kreider for a high stick to an Isle's face... Islander - Ranger games get nasty. Who knew? Apparently not the guy who has coached each team... The conspiracy theory now is that he's just trying to get the refs on his side for Saturday when he deploys Rempe as if he's an actual hockey player.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:13 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
The conspiracy theory now is that he's just trying to get the refs on his side for Saturday when he deploys Rempe as if he's an actual hockey player.

Makes sense, Peter DeBoer and Jon Cooper pull that shit all the damn time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:38 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
The conspiracy theory now is that he's just trying to get the refs on his side for Saturday when he deploys Rempe as if he's an actual hockey player.

Makes sense, Peter DeBoer and Jon Cooper pull that shit all the damn time.

Yep. I've spoken to several Ranger fans. A few see it for what it is, and a few want Pelech and Dobson murdered. You can tell who is sane and who isn't. Some people fully extend fan to fanatic, and maybe a bit farther.

Big game vs the Habs tonight. Roy had better have the Isles focused on them, not looking ahead to the Ranger rematch. I think he's still pissed they lost to the Habs last time, so I don't think they'll come out flat. Then again, I didn't think they'd be flat for two periods against the Rangers either. One? Sure. Two? Nope.

Four games left. The east is tighter than a dolphin's asshole for those last two spots. Isles with the edge in points, but so far this year are 2-7-2 against their opponents for the last 4 games. Time to step up and get that record much closer to .500. :viking:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:42 pm 

Isles led for 0 seconds, but take the 2 points in OT against the Habs.
Dobson left the game really early. No idea what happened.
Martin left the game on the Habs' second goal after taking a shot off his knee (I think). Had to be helped off the ice.

Caps lost in regulation to the Sabres.
Flyers beat the Rangers in regulation.
Pens beat the Red Wings in OT.

Isles get to 89 points and maintain Metro3. No games tomorrow that will impact that.
So, Saturday afternoon against the Rangers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:27 am 
Big in Japan

The Dobson play was pretty innocuous in the first. Went to the end boards and came up lame. Not good for the Isles.

It was a pretty good game. I figured when it got late the Isles would pull it out, you could see their intensity build. Habs are playing nice and loose right now, which isn't the worst thing if you're trying to play spoiler.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:28 am 

E.L. wrote:
The Dobson play was pretty innocuous in the first. Went to the end boards and came up lame. Not good for the Isles.

It was a pretty good game. I figured when it got late the Isles would pull it out, you could see their intensity build. Habs are playing nice and loose right now, which isn't the worst thing if you're trying to play spoiler.

Habs played a hell of a game. Isles were just more desperate, with good reason. Still have 3 teams breathing down their necks.

If Dobson is out, Bortuzzo is back in. Blech. More starfish defense.

Martin hurt his ankle according to reports. I thought he got hit in the knee with the shot. No word what is wrong with Dobson. Hoping they kept him out more out of concern than injury, but doubt they'd do that in such a big game. Sure Ranger fans are going to say he's afraid to play them Saturday.

Isles can clinch a playoff spot Saturday, but in a weird way. They play the Rangers at 12:30, then the Red Wings & Caps play later in the day. If the Isles win and Red Wings & Caps don't, Isles clinch. So they'll be accused of backing into the playoffs. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:02 am 

No updates yet on Dobson or Martin. Bugger.

Hurricanes won yesterday. Makes this game a lot more important.

Rangers- 80 GP 110 points
Hurricanes 80 GP 109 points

Rangers season-long chokehold on M1 is in danger! If they drop to M2, there's a good chance the Rangers and Islanders could meet in round 1, which would be the first time in 30 years they've met in the playoffs.

I just realized that if the Isles win they bump the Rangers to M2, likely setting up a first round matchup. If the Rangers win, it likely bumps the Isles to WC2, likely setting up a first round matchup. Exciting shit! Are these two on a collision course? Would be great for hockey in the NY area if it happens.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:25 pm 

2-1 Isles after 2 periods. Isles gave up a SH goal for the 1-0 lead after Nelson made a lazy pass attempt from the corner to the point that was intercepted and the SH Rangers went flying up ice 3 on 1. Schneider got his own rebound for the goal. Isles looked to tie it 42 seconds later on the PP but the Rangers successfully challenged it for offside. I don't even remember the players but a Ranger gave an Isle a shove at the blueline to make him offside.
Nelson made up for the gaff by scoring off of Shesterkin's skate from the side of the net. Then doubled down by scoring again on a beauty of a play by Fasching (or maybe a mistake?). Fasching got the puck behind the net and either fucked up a backhand wrap around that never even hit Shesterkin's pad OR he faked that wrap around attempt and just passed backhand onto Nelson's tape. Either way, it's 2-1 Isles after 2.

Third period should be desperate hockey by both sides. Exciting shit!

Now, fucking kill 'em! :viking:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:33 am 

Entertaining game vs the Rangers, even if the result kinda sucks. Gave up the tying goal off a set faceoff play where Panarin goes from the left wall, takes the puck and shoots from near the hashmark with all the other players screening. Perfect shot. Just inside the high, glove side corner. OT was kinda boring with the Rangers possessing the puck almost the whole time and "resetting" like 50 times by leaving the zone intentionally. As soon as OT I ended I said to turn it off. My wife asked how I could say that with the shootout coming up. I said "because they'll lose the shootout 2-0, not even getting to take their 3rd shot. Sorokin has sucked at the SO this year, despite his athleticism, and the Isles couldn't score in the SO if their lives depended on it." I should have bet on one of the 23 sites that advertise during NHL games now because that's exactly what happened. Palmieri's shot was good enough to beat Shesterkin but hit the post. Nelson, who had the Isles 2 regulation goals that counted, more or less shot right at Shesterkin's chest. Can't do that. Shesterkin is known to have the quickest chest in the league.

So, the OTL makes life a bit more interesting, as the Isles are 4 points ahead of the pack of Wild Card dogs that are nipping at their heels. Remaining games - Devils and Pens.

Fucking Philly is still in the hunt! I thought for sure they were dead in the water. They don't appear very likely to make it happen, but if they somehow make it into that final spot, look out because they'll be suddenly confident and on a hot streak. I know, quite a few other teams need to lose-out to make it happen for Philly but who thought they'd be in it with a game to go Sportsclubstats gives them 4.7% chance of making it. Better than the 0% we all expected. Last game is against the Caps, so they can do themselves a huge favor with a win. Philly will have some rest before then, and the Caps will be playing that on the tail end of a back-to-back set.

The Pens lost to Boston yesterday and seeing Crosby yelling at Pastrnak for taking a slap shot with seconds to go is pretty funny. To me, it didn't look like a real slap shot but these fucking "unwritten rules" are really getting out of hand. The shot was easily stopped. I think Sid was more pissed that his team went from WC2 to E11th in a hurry. 16.3% chance. Dropped 37.4% with that loss. Their remaining games are the Predators and Isles.

The Caps had someone stretchered off. Yikes. Hope he's okay. I forget who. Sorry dude. But somehow the Caps are shown to be in WC2 on the NHL site even though the Red Wings have more ROWs. Is the first tie breaker regulation wins? Weird. Caps are at 17.2% to make it.

The Red Wings are at 66.8% to make it, and that takes strength of schedule into account. No offense to our Habs fan friends on here, but the Red Wings get 2 games with the Habs, which should work in their favor.

Great job by the NHL schedulers on the eastern race. Keeping it interesting until the end.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:04 pm 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
Shesterkin is known to have the quickest chest in the league.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:17 am 

Some bits to make tonight's games more interesting.

Predators can clinch Western WC1 with a win tonight, so hopefully they'll be all in vs the Pens. If the Pens lose in regulation they can't catch the Isles, even if the Isles don't get any points in their last 2 games. Isles need 2 points in those to clinch Metro 3.
Hurricanes won yesterday so they're only 1 point behind the Rangers. So it's still possible for the Rangers to drop to Metro 2 and set up an Isles-Rangers first round matchup.
All kinds of moving parts on clinching scenarios!

Isles vs Devils tonight. I'm hoping the Devils don't give a shit since they're eliminated. I doubt that, but I can hope.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm 

Playoff bound!

Isles beat the Devils 4-1. Thought it was 5-1 but Romanov's goal was reviewed and shown to not have fully crossed the line. At least it didn't cost them.

Rangers won, so they'll finish in Metro 1, Hurricanes and Isles will replay last year's opening round, hopefully with a more favorable result for the Isles.

Red Wings beat the Canadiens in OT.
Caps beat the Bruins 2-0.
Penguins beat the Predators 4-2.

So it all stays very interesting for WC2. Penguins will be putting it all on the line Wednesday vs the Isles. Not sure if Roy will want to rest some regulars or treat it like a meaningful game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next