OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:54 pm 
Big in Japan

Pens are brutal, I'm feeling good about NYIs chances.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:36 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Pens are brutal, I'm feeling good about NYIs chances.

I'm not! Game 77 was a shit show for the Isles. 5-0 loss to Tampa, who they play again later this week.

Currently:
WC1 Isles- 77 GP 87 points Projection - 93 points
WC2 Panthers- 77 GP 85 points Projection - 91 points
Pens- 76 GP 84 points Projection - 91 points
Sabres- 75 GP 81 points Projection - 89 points

This race is tighter than a dolphin's asshole and will come down to the wire. IF the Isles make it, they may very well "back in", which is a phrase I hate. If you make it, you make it based on what you and other teams did all year long, not a single game at the end of the season.

Anyway. Things don't get easier for the Isles. Canes tonight, on slightly short rest, starting 23 hours after last night's game and traveling from Tampa to Carolina. I'll never understand this scheduling.

Penguins vs Flyers today. Panthers and Sabres are off.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:37 pm 

No-shows for game 78. 2-1 loss to Carolina. Tampa on Thursday. Pens won today. They’re fucked.

WC1 Isles- 78 GP 87 points Projection - 91.46 points (simply points/game x 82)
WC2 Pens- 77 GP 86 points Projection - 91.58 points
Panthers- 77 GP 85 points Projection - 91 points
Sabres- 75 GP 81 points Projection - 89 points

Like I've been saying, this race is tighter than a dolphin's a-hole and will come down to the last games of the NHL regular season, which is great for NHL viewership, but not good for my heart.

Playoff teams in bold.
Isles remaining games: Tampa (home), Philly (home), Caps (away), Habs (home)
Pens remaining games: Devils (away), Wild (home), Red Wings (away), Blackhawks (home), Blue Jackets (away).
Panthers remaining games: Sabres (home), Sens (home), Caps (away), Toronto (home), Canes (home)
Sabres remaining games: Panthers (away), Red Wings (away), Canes (home), Rangers (away), Devils (away- back-to-back), Senators (home), Blue Jackets (away- back-to-back).

Sabres might have a tough time with 2 back-to-back sets. I hope.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:52 pm 
Big in Japan

Eek: Panthers, Isles, Pens a point apart, vying for two spaces.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:35 am 

E.L. wrote:
Eek: Panthers, Isles, Pens a point apart, vying for two spaces.

Now do you see why I've been on edge? :lol:

Currently:
WC1 Panthers- 78 GP 87 points 40 wins 38 ROW
WC2 Isles- 78 GP 87 points 38 wins 38 ROW
Pens- 78 GP 86 points 38 wins 37 ROW
Sabres 76 GP 81 points 37 wins 36 ROW

If the old standard playoff indicator of goal diff is going to work, that benefits the Isles who are +13 (same as Panthers) while the Pens and Sabres are -5 and -7 respectively. Yes, I'm looking at shit like that... Isles don't even play today, but wait until tomorrow night to play. I'm fucking bored and looking at stupid shit!

Barzal skated yesterday, but not with the team. No clue how long he's out for, but it's a good sign that he's skating.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:58 am 

4 games left in the regular season. Home vs Tampa tonight. Tampa will likely be good and pissed off from their 6-3 loss to the Rangers last night, which was a game filled with extracurricular activities. Hopefully Tampa is sore. :lol: They're 6 points behind the Leafs with 4 games to play, so they have little/no chance of getting home ice advantage. They should rest some stars tonight. Likely Elliott in net, but he's been good vs the Isles for some reason. Fucker.

Little room for error on the Isles' part. They've had 3 days to rest and practice. They practiced the PP quite a bit the last few days. I hope they figured out to MOVE and not stand still like 5 fucking pylons. Instead of "SHOOOOOOT!" I yell at the TV for them to MOOOOVE! The most boring, stationary PP in the history of hockey and it doesn't work. How the fuck is John MacLean running it??? He was a huge threat on the PP. How does he not see how to easily make improvements? I know fans always think they know better but seriously, it's so stationary and predictable I sit there predicting the perimeter passing and I'm like 95% accurate. If there were prop bets on PP passing I'd be able to buy the team and force my way into meetings and change the PP to hopefully be better.

Anyway, tonight, I'm a huge fan of the Isles, Wild, Red Wings, and Senators! May they all win and remain healthy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:23 pm 

Game 79 6-1 win vs the Lightning. But the other teams in the WC race all won too. Panthers with a touchdown Vs the Sens, eliminating them. Pens won 4-1 vs old friend Fleury. Sabres won a crazy game 7-6 in the SO vs the Red Wings.
Important games in April. If you’d told me that in January I’d ask for you to be drug tested.

Currently:
WC1 Panthers- 79 GP 89 points 41 wins 39 ROW
WC2 Isles- 79 GP 89 points 40 wins 39 ROW
Pens- 79 GP 88 points 39 wins 38 ROW
Sabres 77 GP 83 points 38 wins 36 ROW

Isles magic # down to 5 since the Sabres won in the SO, so the Isles have that tie breaker. Three huge games left, or, tree yuge games as they say in NYC.
I was thinking of going tomorrow vs Philly but it's Jerry Garcia night. Fuck that shit! Of all people to associate with a sports team, that fat, dirty hippy fuck? Talk about a "night" to boycott! No thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:04 am 

Go Isles! :viking:
Hoping to see that the Panthers, Penguins and Sabres all lose.

Huge day.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:29 pm 

Fucking Penguins and Sabres already won today. Fuckers. Panthers have had 2 goals waved off for high stick deflections. Loving that but would like to see the Caps score some goals.

Isles up 1-0 after 1. That's nice but I want the win to be obvious ASAP. And a Panthers loss. :viking:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:10 pm 
Big in Japan

Please beat the Habs on Wednesday.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:15 pm 

Isles win 4-0 but all the other fuckers did too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:31 pm 

Caps had no Ovi, no Oshie and some others I don't even remember. Could only dress 17 skaters due to cap issues, and the fucking Isles spotted them 2 goals in the first 1:03 of the game in a game the Isles absolutely needed and doesn't mean shit to the Caps. 3-0 mid-way through the first. Isles finally pulled their heads out of their asses and made it 3-1 with 5:08 to go in the game, gave up an empty netter to make it 4-1, scored again to make it 4-2, and promptly gave up another empty netter.

Panthers lost in OT, so they're a point up on the Isles in WC1.
Isles in WC2 but the Pens now have a game in hand, are only a point behind, and play 2 terrible teams. The Isles will really need "Jarry gonna Jarry" games to have make the dance. And I have a feeling Crosby will be like "don't care if Jarry gives up 10, I'm scoring 11" to make it over the Isles.

I'd say I'm furious and want to break shit over them probably missing the playoffs over one shitty game, but it isn't one shitty game. They have had a lot of shitty games this year. Not sure if it's Lambert, lack of talent, lack of leadership, combination of any/all of those... They just don't have "it" on a regular basis. They get it, they lose it. They find it, they don't give a shit... Lather, rinse, repeat.

Probably one game left in the season. We'll see...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:37 am 
King of Men

I feel you! The Flames are waiting for moral support on the links and in the bars.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:24 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
I feel you! The Flames are waiting for moral support on the links and in the bars.

Yeah but you’ve also got the Bruins and they’re whooping everyone’s asses.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:07 pm 

Well, Blackhawks might have just saved the Isles’ season!
Devils beat the Sabres, eliminating them.

Isles need a win vs the Habs tomorrow. I’ll be doing all kinds of voodoo during the day if you need me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:15 am 

Current situation

The Islanders can clinch a playoff berth with even just one point vs. Montreal
The Isles would earn the 7th seed with a regulation win and a Florida Panthers loss of any kind to the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday night. GO CANES! (tomorrow only)
If the Isles win in Overtime or the Shootout, then Florida would be the 7th seed if they get any points vs. the Hurricanes.
If the Islanders lose in regulation to Montreal, they’ll need the Columbus Blue Jackets to defeat the Pittsburgh Penguins tomorrow to make the playoffs. But that's not going to happen because the Isles are going to come out fucking flying after the embarrassment of the Caps game. If not, burn the whole team down and start over.

Gut check time! Get it done! :viking:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:34 am 
King of Men

I don't typically watch the Isles or the Habs outside of playoffs or matchups unless I am forced...but tonight I will grab a Pickle Sour beer and join you! I have a vested interest in the first round!

Good luck tonight!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:36 am 

harmfuljays wrote:
I don't typically watch the Isles or the Habs outside of playoffs or matchups unless I am forced...but tonight I will grab a Pickle Sour beer and join you! I have a vested interest in the first round!

Good luck tonight!

I'm hoping like hell that the Isles beat the Habs in a stress free way for my sake, AND that the Canes beat the Panthers so the Isles play the Canes and avoid the Bruins in the first round. Even though that would likely mean getting them in the 2nd round should the Isles somehow beat the Canes. I'd like to see them win at least one round.

It's 10:30 am and my stomach is in knots. :lol:

I got really excited- read that Barzal was skating and Holmstrom was on with the extras. Turns out Barzal is just skating, and Bailey is back in for Holmstrom. Beauvillier was the resident Habs killer, and I believe Bailey was second in that territory. Hopefully he's pissed about having been a healthy scratch for 8-10 games and comes out to prove that was a mistake.

Romanov is still out too. Fucking fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:27 pm 
King of Men

There we go now Chris! Joining you tonight if you are around!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:01 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
There we go now Chris! Joining you tonight if you are around!

I'm here for now. I may drop dead if they keep giving the puck away in the D zone.
2-1 after 1. Nice job by the 3rd line forechecking like crazy to create a rebound for Fasching.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next