OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:46 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Isles drop shit shows in Boston and at home vs Tampa. I turned off the Bruins game and fortunately the Tampa game wasn't on a network I have.

They probably play again, but only for a few more games.

Lou said in a town hall style meeting with season ticket holders the other day that several players underperformed this year, and he's evaluating EVERYONE going forward. No shit. But at least he said it, not the usual "we have faith in this group" type BS.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:32 pm 
Big in Japan

I still don't really understand why they're struggling so much besides the funky schedule at the beginning. Scoring by committee and solid tending.

Pulock didn't get going, but Dobson took a step forward. Barzal probably could've scored more.

Tough team to dismantle, although Bailey was supposedly on the block and I heard rumblings about Beauvillier, although that could've been the usual over-enthusiastic QC media. They needed the room, but I guess losing Eberle was a big deal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:41 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I feel like Beauvillier's name was leaked by Lou in order to give him a bit of a wakeup call. Seems like a Lamoriello thing to do.

In other news that I'm sure people will love to hear, my fantasy team, Glitz and Intangibles, locked up the 2nd seed in the OTP League this year. And that was thanks in no small part to both Anders Lee and Brock Nelson...both dudes were insanely good for me despite the scoring struggles of the Isles overall.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:52 pm 

I feel like I've beaten this dead horse, but the 13 game road trip and then the home opener with the team dismantled by covid. They were down to their 10th string defender for a few games. Palmieri and Parise not scoring until the 2nd half screwed the team over. Pulock's broken foot (during their covid outbreak too). There are plenty of excuses. But in the end, they're just that.

Fans have wanted Beauviller gone for most of this year. I disagree. I feel like he gets much better in the playoffs. He's had a few OT winners. Fans are such dicks. And yeah, I could see Lou leaking that info to kick him in the ass. He's streaky, like many forwards. When he's not scoring it's easy to pick on him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bailey go.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:11 am 

Isles beat the Blue Jackets 4-3. They were down 1-0, up 4-1...

Anson Carter said the Isles need to look at home/home pairs like this as mini-playoff series and win them. Good way to look at the remainder of the season. And of course, every fucking home/home or series with a team, all year long, every year.

Blue Jackets again Thursday, Rangers Friday, Devils Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:02 pm 

https://twitter.com/nhlgifs/status/1509 ... PUGipZWTeQ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:56 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
https://twitter.com/nhlgifs/status/1509674810460319753?s=21&t=iaOGi2lGdxD8PUGipZWTeQ

Whoa, that’s crazy shit! Especially since the Isles version doesn’t play or score that much.

Isles with another win, creeping towards getting the worst possible non-playoff team draft spot. Hello yeah!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:07 am 

Well these dolts keep winning now that it will take a miracle to get them in. 11 points behind the Caps with 1 game in hand and 14 games to go. The Caps would have to absolutely fall apart to make this happen. I feel like the Isles are going to bring it within just a few points when the Caps will wake up and go on a tear and the Isles will wind up with the worst non-playoff team draft spot. Just because... Islanders. I just realized the Isles and Caps have a home/home for games 80 & 81 for each. Maybe there's a chance that those are huge games with the playoff spot on the line. Maybe? Doubtful but maybe.

Pageau with a natural hat trick yesterday vs the Devils. I rushed home to see it, only to find out it wasn't on a network I have. This is such bullshit. It's not like I get a discount on the networks I signed up for when they don't show the games. I'm so sick of subscription bullshit. If I pay for the network that's supposed to show my team, I want all the games. Not this BS of seeing like 68/82, and then the remaining 14 are split between two other paywalled networks that you can't even get together. :chairshot:

Corey Schneider started the game vs his old team. His debut in an official game for the Isles, late in his second year with the team. Not sure what is wrong with Sorokin, but it was nice to hear Schneider played and won. He's been a good soldier for them in Bridgeport, not complaining while playing on a bad team.

Isles are at the Stars on Tuesday, at the Hurricanes Friday, at the Blues on Saturday. That's a good amount of extra travel, going east to go halfway back west. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:09 pm 
Big in Japan

Really sad story: Mike Bossy enters palliative care https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hock ... 52d3154a93

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:20 pm 
Big in Japan

E.L. wrote:
Really sad story: Mike Bossy enters palliative care https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hock ... 52d3154a93

For what it's worth, his employer TVA Sports says he's resting at home, so we'll see.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:37 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Well these dolts keep winning now that it will take a miracle to get them in. 11 points behind the Caps with 1 game in hand and 14 games to go. The Caps would have to absolutely fall apart to make this happen. I feel like the Isles are going to bring it within just a few points when the Caps will wake up and go on a tear and the Isles will wind up with the worst non-playoff team draft spot. Just because... Islanders. I just realized the Isles and Caps have a home/home for games 80 & 81 for each. Maybe there's a chance that those are huge games with the playoff spot on the line. Maybe? Doubtful but maybe.

Pageau with a natural hat trick yesterday vs the Devils. I rushed home to see it, only to find out it wasn't on a network I have. This is such bullshit. It's not like I get a discount on the networks I signed up for when they don't show the games. I'm so sick of subscription bullshit. If I pay for the network that's supposed to show my team, I want all the games. Not this BS of seeing like 68/82, and then the remaining 14 are split between two other paywalled networks that you can't even get together. :chairshot:

Corey Schneider started the game vs his old team. His debut in an official game for the Isles, late in his second year with the team. Not sure what is wrong with Sorokin, but it was nice to hear Schneider played and won. He's been a good soldier for them in Bridgeport, not complaining while playing on a bad team.

Isles are at the Stars on Tuesday, at the Hurricanes Friday, at the Blues on Saturday. That's a good amount of extra travel, going east to go halfway back west. :lol:

So...I can understand why Subban was given the gate since Wahlstrom clearly did not want to tussle, but I DID NOT like that hit on Hughes at all. Was there intent to injure or was it really all that dirty? No. But it was way late. Puck was long gone, and Hughes was backing away. You don't "finish" that check, dipshit. Don't know if Darren Pang has any insight or insider dirt on the Isles but he mentioned something to the effect that OW was told by the coaches to finish his checks...could it be he was just trying a little too hard there. Either way I did not like that but I'm also one of those fans who can't stand late hits, so I'm obviously biased.

Also didn't get what Trotz was saying about Subban. Why was he "fortunate" to have been kicked out of that game?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:39 pm 

E.L. wrote:
E.L. wrote:

For what it's worth, his employer TVA Sports says he's resting at home, so we'll see.

Horrible news. 65 in this day and age still seems way too young.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:35 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:

So...I can understand why Subban was given the gate since Wahlstrom clearly did not want to tussle, but I DID NOT like that hit on Hughes at all. Was there intent to injure or was it really all that dirty? No. But it was way late. Puck was long gone, and Hughes was backing away. You don't "finish" that check, dipshit. Don't know if Darren Pang has any insight or insider dirt on the Isles but he mentioned something to the effect that OW was told by the coaches to finish his checks...could it be he was just trying a little too hard there. Either way I did not like that but I'm also one of those fans who can't stand late hits, so I'm obviously biased.

Also didn't get what Trotz was saying about Subban. Why was he "fortunate" to have been kicked out of that game?

It's fairly common knowledge that Wahlstrom was told to finish his checks because he was playing too soft for a big guy and he'd peel away. I haven't seen the hit but it wouldn't surprise me if it too late. But Wahlstrom isn't a vicious guy at all.

No idea what Trotz meant, unless he thought Wahlstrom would beat Subban in a fight? Who knows?

On Bossy- it has NOT been a good year for former Islanders. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:22 am 

Schneider was sent back to Bridgeport so Sorokin must be back. I wouldn't be surprised to see Varlamov start tonight though. He's been very good lately.

That win was the Isles' 4th straight. First time this year they've won 4 in a row. Wow. That's just sad.

Tragic number is 17. Not a lot of wiggle room with 14 games to go (13 for the Caps). Need the Caps to catch a bout of suckitis.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:35 am 

3-2 loss to the Stars. Tragic number down to 15. If they'd won this game I'd actually have a small amount of optimism. With the loss, they're fucked.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:12 am 

Palmieri with some late game heroics to keep the slim playoff hopes alive. Canes scored to tie it at 1 with like 57 seconds left, leaving everyone to figure on an OT loss. Palmieri with a great play to keep the puck, ward off a defender and score with 14.1 seconds left. Latest goal in regulation to win a game by an Islander since Tom Fitzgerald beat the Rangers with 3 seconds to go a full 30 years ago.

Blues tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:17 am 

Any thoughts of making the playoffs after the Canes comeback were flushed down a rest stop shitter vs the Blues. They played well in at least the first half of the game, but Binnington shut the door on a few great plays. I turned it off at 3-0. 6-1 loss with Grant Hutton getting his first NHL goal as the Isles only score. He was in for Aho who just isn't that good. No clue why Salo isn't up when Bridgeport also has a snowball's chance under a heat lamp in Hell's kitchen of making the playoffs.

Of course, Nick Leddy scored for the Blues.

Penguins on Tuesday & Thursday, Canadiens on Friday, Leafs on Sunday. 13 points behind the Caps with no games in hand. 11 games to go. Quite possible the Leafs could officially eliminate the Isles in Toronto. Sure Tavares & Leafs fans would love that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:27 pm 

Isles blew a 3-1 lead and a third period lead* to go to OT with the Pens, but somehow they managed to SCORE in the shootout!!! It's fucking amazing!!! Trotz decided that being up 1-0 after 2 rounds of shootout was enough, so he sent Barzal for the third shot. As I'd bet my life on, he shot it right into the goalie's chest. Barzal is a fucking amazing player, but he has no fucking business partaking in the shootout unless it's like the 12th round. If they could request it be a 2 on 1, send him every time. Shooter vs goalie? Sit his ass down. Unless SO losses are part of the tank.

*Beauvillier was given a phantom tripping penalty when a Pen stepped on the puck and fell. Pens scored on the PP to tie it. The refs must have somehow been informed that they'd royally fucked up because they gave the Isles a PP right off a faceoff a minute later. Buuuut of course, they stunk on the PP and it stayed tied.

Pens again on Thursday.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:00 am 

6-3 (en) loss to the Pens. Chara scored his first as an Islander in like 20 years. Glad I didn't bother watching this one. Isles tragic number already cut to 5. That was quick.

Canadiens tonight. Fortunately for me, I won't be home to watch. I'll be bored when this season is over, but also less annoyed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:57 pm 
Big in Japan

Emotional night with Bossy passing with the Isles playing Mike's hometown team. Thought the Habs paid a lovely tribute prior to the game with a moment of silence.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next