OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:00 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Raty was sitting in the press box for most of his games in Sweden. He was traded and had a goal and 2 assists in his first game with his new team. :Butch:

Still curious how he pans out in the NHL, if he does at all.

Me too!

Update. Pulock out 4-6 weeks with a LBI. Almost certainly a broken foot from the shot vs Tampa. Siiiiiiiigh. Because the Isles really needed more D woes. Why couldn't Chara go on IR with Botrytis blight...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:04 pm 

Robin Salo not in the lineup for Bridgeport tonight. Rumor is he's being called up to the Isles. :toot: Hopefully he forces them to keep him and Chara becomes the odd man out. Or they platoon Greene and Chara to save their old legs a bit. Whatever. Anything to get Chara out of the lineup.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:28 pm 

Isles are practicing on UBS Arena ice. :D

Ryan Pulock is on crutches. :fffffuck:

But Robin Salo has been officially called up. :D

Isles are currently in 8th place in the Metro. :fffffuck:

Isles play 25 of their next 36 at home. :D

Chara is still on D. :fffffuck:

Being an Isles fan is always a roller coaster.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:30 pm 

Some big shakeups in the Isles lineup.

Lee-Barzal-Beauvillier I love this. Barzal & Beauvillier play really well together and Lee is there to knock in the rebounds.
Bellows-Nelson-Wahlstrom Okay. Maybe Nelson can carry the kids. Wahlstrom loves to shoot. Bellows hasn't shown he can be a legit NHLer yet. Hopefully he takes this as his chance.
Parise-Pageau-Palmieri The 3P line. I look forward to some Pgoals.
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck No shit.

Pelech-Mayfield Okay.
Chara-Salo WTF did Salo do to deserve this? Side note- last time Chara and a Salo were in Isles uniforms playing against a Tkachuk, Mariusz Czerkawski had a hat trick for the Isles. To save you looking it up, it was over 20 years ago. Chara is that fucking old.
Greene-Aho/Dobson Greene/Dobson worked well last year. Dobson has been stuck with Chara for most of this year and looks like he's a chicken with his head cut off, running around trying to do too much. Maybe this calms him down again.

Varlamov
Sorokin

Johnston the extra forward.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:49 pm 

Just read that Johnston and Lee are out with covid. Three Islanders out with it now. Probably more to come. Sooooooo, the arena folks may get extra time to ready the place for the big opener!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:37 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
Some big shakeups in the Isles lineup.

Lee-Barzal-Beauvillier I love this. Barzal & Beauvillier play really well together and Lee is there to knock in the rebounds.
Bellows-Nelson-Wahlstrom Okay. Maybe Nelson can carry the kids. Wahlstrom loves to shoot. Bellows hasn't shown he can be a legit NHLer yet. Hopefully he takes this as his chance.
Parise-Pageau-Palmieri The 3P line. I look forward to some Pgoals.
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck No shit.

Pelech-Mayfield Okay.
Chara-Salo WTF did Salo do to deserve this? Side note- last time Chara and a Salo were in Isles uniforms playing against a Tkachuk, Mariusz Czerkawski had a hat trick for the Isles. To save you looking it up, it was over 20 years ago. Chara is that fucking old.
Greene-Aho/Dobson Greene/Dobson worked well last year. Dobson has been stuck with Chara for most of this year and looks like he's a chicken with his head cut off, running around trying to do too much. Maybe this calms him down again.

Varlamov
Sorokin

Johnston the extra forward.

Hah, Czerkawski. Loved that guy. I was gonna say in addition to scoring that hatty (I believe it was in 2000) he was still married to actress Izabella Scorupco, aka Hottest Bond Girl Ever, but alas, they had divorced two years prior.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:12 pm 

My favorite Polish Prince moment was when they finally clinched a playoff spot and MSG filmed them leaving the ice to go to the locker room. Czerkawsi was first off the ice and said right to the camera "it's about fucking time!". No censoring. Great TV moment. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:24 am 

Opening day!!! :viking:

Flames at Isles, like it was in '72 to open the Coliseum.

Lee, Johnston, Bailey all out with covid. Pulock out with a broken foot. Some big names missing this one, but that's sports. Depth is important. Time for kids like Salo and Bellows to prove that they really belong in the NHL.

Side note- are the waiver rules somewhat relaxed for covid? Seems to me like they should be.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:25 pm 

Thirty years of threats to move the team, shitty home arena situations, etc are finally over. Aaaaaand they just announced 3 more players in covid protocol. Beauvillier, Pelech and Greene are all out now.

So much for finally getting to see Beauvillier and Barzal together again. This is so fucking Islanders. I fully expect the scoreboard to fall any minute or something like that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:30 pm 
Big in Japan

Isles lose 5-2 in their UBS Arena premiere. Oops!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:03 am 

E.L. wrote:
Isles lose 5-2 in their UBS Arena premiere. Oops!

They played well, just couldn't score much. 2 empty net goals against, so it was much closer than that score shows. And with 1/3 of their team out, it's not too surprising.

Next game didn't go well. 3-0 loss to the Leafs, who had a kid in his 2nd NHL game in net. They only got 20 shots on the kid. Played well, but made the Leafs D look great. Beauvillier was back for that one, after he retested negative several times, indicating that the original was a false positive. But Bellows tested positive, so he was out instead. And Nelson appeared to have injured his knee in the first period vs the Leafs, so the whole game was weird line combos.

Why the hell isn't the NHL postponing Isles games? They've got 6 players out due to covid. Does anyone think other players aren't at risk? Opponents? Refs... These games should have been postponed, but I know the Isles front office probably wanted the arena opened on time, after all the effort and OT they paid to get it done. The on-ice product is really suffering though. Not like it was good beforehand.

2 days to rest and practice and then they've got the Rangers, Penguins and Flyers in a row. Ranger games usually change everything for the Isles. Hopefully this is no different than usual.

Salo has looked good to great. Logged the most TOI for Isles D in these 2 games. Hutton- meh. Hutton shied away from getting hit, which lead directly to the Leafs 2nd goal. He let the Leaf get to the puck before him so he wouldn't get hit and the Leaf immediately centered it to the slot for the goal. Hutton hasn't impressed, and without all these injuries and illness, I don't know if he'd ever make the NHL. I don't know if Salo will go back to the AHL. He's looking to fit right in, and could be one of the answers the Isles have been looking for. It would be nice if a forward would come up and be a viable scoring threat.

And still, every person who discusses UBS Arena has given glowing reviews, even the grumpy Isles fans who booed their own team against the Leafs.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:01 pm 

Isles are still shorthanded so it was expected their home debut was not going to end well.

NHL Network pointed out that in every single one of their rink opening games, the opposition scored the first goal, from Nassau to Barclays to UBS, so I suppose that's a good portent.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:14 am 

Does the Islanders not losing last night or today mean their streak is over?

This is like the Jack Capuano days of a guaranteed 8-10 game losing streak in November. :chairshot:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:26 pm 

Isles practice moved from 10 am to 1 pm. Rumor is that there's more guys on the covid list. If so, shut them the hell down.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:53 pm 

Nelson out 2-4 weeks with an LBI suffered vs the Leafs.

This season kicks ass!!!

Lou talked to the league about postponing games but the league didn't give them a decision. So they're preparing to basically have the last place Bridgeport Islanders play in the NHL. Fucking fabulous. I look forward to more of the remaining NHL players getting hurt due to playing metric shit tons of ice time each game. Fucking brilliant.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:13 pm 

And now Chara is positive. 2 injured players, 7 with covid. Post-pone their games? Nah, fuck that!
Fine, the 2 injured players shouldn't factor into that, but 1/3 of the team out with covid and they don't post-pone??? What the fucking fuck does the percent have to be?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:03 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Chris18 wrote:
And now Chara is positive. 2 injured players, 7 with covid. Post-pone their games? Nah, fuck that!
Fine, the 2 injured players shouldn't factor into that, but 1/3 of the team out with covid and they don't post-pone??? What the fucking fuck does the percent have to be?

I think the Sens only had 5 or 6 and postponed three of their games.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:38 am 

Scott 679 wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

I think the Sens only had 5 or 6 and postponed three of their games.

Yep. The league is clearly looking at the cash grab from the Belmont opening, a game vs the Leafs and now a game vs the Rangers. I wouldn't be too surprised if they suspend it after tonight. Too late though.

The Isles completely shattered the record for single day merch sales at the UBS opening. The team store is huuuuuuuuuge. I've been to the one at Northwell, their practice facility, and I thought that was massive. People say the one at UBS is about twice the size, if not bigger.

I'm surprised Chara caught covid. I figured it would burn him to the outside, like everyone else. Tasteless, bad jokes aside, him having it is a big issue. With how tall he is, I'll bet he has a much wider spreading radius, with droplets easily falling into the faces of those around him.

So the Isles have 7 out with covid and 2 with injuries. I wonder if the league doesn't want to postpone Isles games as it will look like they're trying to help them wait out a bit of Pulock & Nelson's injuries. Nelson is a massive loss. He's one of their biggest scoring threats and is far better defensively than he gets credit for.

As of now, it's unfortunately Game On vs the Rangers tonight. The team slogan used to be "We're all Islanders". This year? Maybe! I could end up on left wing in a few weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:02 pm 

For good measure, Noah Dobson is out day to day (non-covid). Can't even make it up. TEN regulars out of the lineup.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:52 am 

Yep, I think the road trip from hell and COVID have flat out sunk the Isles. This far out by Thanksgiving means they’ll have to go on an insane run the rest of the way.

Also, fare thee well and enjoy retirement Thomas Hickey. I’m told that when you get absolutely schooled by Ryan Reaves, you have to quit hockey. Sorry I do not make the rules.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next