OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2021 off-season
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:22 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
Found out today that my cable carrier may drop the MSG networks, which means I won't be able to see Isles games. I will flip a fucking shit fit if that happens! :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot:

Meh, just a negotiation tactic more than likely. Someone will cave.

A little different situation in Denver however, where the standoff is entering its third season. Thankfully it doesn't affect me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:22 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:

A little different situation in Denver however, where the standoff is entering its third season. Thankfully it doesn't affect me.

My main problem is that I just found out today and today is the day they're supposed to either extend or say fuck you. If I'd known ahead of time I could have at least looked into other providers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:04 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:

Well it's official- Comcast dropped all the MSG networks. So I can't watch hockey through my cable subscription. MSG sent an email that they'll allow people to stream games for free for "the first week" of the season. So I guess I'm looking for a new provider pronto!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:48 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

Well it's official- Comcast dropped all the MSG networks. So I can't watch hockey through my cable subscription. MSG sent an email that they'll allow people to stream games for free for "the first week" of the season. So I guess I'm looking for a new provider pronto!

Yeah, Comcast is the primary villain of the Altitude standoff as well (with Dish meekly hiding behind them), luckily for me about halfway through the first season of this garbage, Altitude and DirecTV came to terms. Ironic that me, 8 hours away from Denver, can watch Avs and Nuggets games, but my friend who lives 15 minutes from downtown Denver, cannot.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:24 pm 

I don't know if cable companies realize that 90% of the channels they carry are pure shit. I really don't watch most of them. If I could just pay MSG for Isles games, I'd be fine with cutting cable out. My wife wouldn't be able to watch HGTV. Oh, the horror.

Went to the Isles-Devils pre-season game today in Bridgeport. Isles looked pretty good except Schneider, who I keep hoping will be better. He gave up both goals in an OT loss. Sorokin was great in the first two periods. Barzal with a beauty of a pass to Bellows for an early goal, but they wouldn't get anything else past Blackwood, Wedgewood, oak wood, or morning wood. Entertaining game. Gustafson looked good, as did Salo and Hickey.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:01 pm 

Isles shut out the Flyers 3-0 with Schneider in net. 24 saves for him. Beauvillier, Lee and Bailey with goals. B & B's goals were on the PP, which is great for the Isles, whose PP has sucked for years. Or the Flyers PK is that bad.

And today they waived:
Andreoff
Bardreau
Czarnik
Hutton
LaDue
Koivula
Timashov
VandeSomple
Wotherspoon
Appleby (goalie).

No surprises there. Czarnik was helpful last year as an extra Islander, but there's no room this year. And well, now Bridgeport is also the Islanders, so that'll be fun and confusing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:37 am 

Game vs the Devils at the Prudential Center was canceled due to power outage. No, that's not the utility I work for. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:49 am 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
Game vs the Devils at the Prudential Center was canceled due to power outage. No, that's not the utility I work for. :lol:

Lou's ready for regular season. Made a few calls to the arena staff in Jersey.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:52 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Lou's ready for regular season. Made a few calls to the arena staff in Jersey.

I don't know. I think they have some decisions to make as far as who they'll carry as extra D & F. Might see a few guys come down with rosteritis to avoid being waived, but I'd think they have to decide who it will be.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:46 am 

Islander-Ranger game tonight. I can't see it, as far as I know.

First chance for Reaves and Goodrow to show why they were brought in. Hoping it isn't a game like that, but I wouldn't be surprised. Johnston also needs to show why the Isles should keep him up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:04 am 

Isles waive Hickey (not too surprising) and Panik. Kind of surprised on the latter, since he was a part of the return for Leddy. I guess Dal Colle, Bellows and Johnston all made the cut. Not too surprised at Johnston, since Martin is out for another few weeks rehabbing from ankle surgery. Just realized Aho wasn't waived, that I've heard of. Unless another round of waivers are coming.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:22 pm 

Isles still haven't filed contracts for Chara, Parise, Bellows, Dal Colle, Schneider or Golyshev. I haven't seen anything on Gustaffson either.

Everyone waived yesterday cleared (around the entire league).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:49 pm 

Read on twitter (LeBrun) that Gustaffson is off to the Blackhawks. Best of luck to him.
Guessing Aho is the 7th, since Salo can be sent down without waivers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:01 pm 

Chara & Parise each with 1 year contracts, at $750k with $750k bonuses (tacked onto next year). I was afraid they'd both be longer and for more, so not bad at all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:53 pm 

Robin Salo, Samuel Bolduc, Anatolii Golyshev and Jakub Skarek all headed to the AHL.

Still leaves at least one forward spot to resolve. Martin is still rehabbing an injury, so maybe he starts on the IR? Or someone else gets rosteritis.Or Lou still has a trick up his sleeve. Hearing he's been looking for a trade for Leo, but I can't see another team taking on an NHL player (and I use the term loosely) today when rosters are due, unless it's in return for another NHL roster type which would negate the move to begin with. So I can't see him being traded.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:02 pm 

Riddle solved- Dal Colle on waivers. I hope he makes it through. He'll help Bridgeport a lot and be a good callup.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:02 am 

More riddles. Bellows and Schneider left off the "official" roster submitted yesterday. Apparently their contracts haven't been filed with the league yet. I suppose loophole Lou is up to something here, but as far as I know both would have to pass through waivers. Was he waiting for everyone else to have their rosters set and need to send someone down to make room if they claimed Schneider and/or Bellows? I'd assume Bellows would be claimed. He's cheap but has some upside. Like many young players, he's caught up in a numbers game with the Isles. And a coach/GM who overvalue veterans.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:50 am 

Schneider and Bellows both signed 1 year, $750k deals. Schneider's is a 2-way, paying him $500k in the AHL.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:26 am 

And closing out the off-season thread, Pulock signs an 8 year extension, $6.25 AAV. $12 million for one of the best d pairs in the league, for 8 seasons. Lou kicks ass!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:55 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
And closing out the off-season thread, Pulock signs an 8 year extension, $6.25 AAV. $12 million for one of the best d pairs in the league, for 8 seasons. Lou kicks ass!

Can't remember which one but Friedman said on a recent 32T pod that he felt Lou went out of his way to take care of business with every other player who needed to be signed first before going to either Pulock or Pelech (or maybe BOTH) and saying "Well, this is all the cap room I have left for you." If so, good negotiation tactic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next