OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:19 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Crazy comeback by the Caps.

I have no idea what you're talking about. The Islanders didn't play last night. They aren't playing at all these days. What is this "hockey" you speak of?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:48 am 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:
Crazy comeback by the Caps.

I have no idea what you're talking about. The Islanders didn't play last night. They aren't playing at all these days. What is this "hockey" you speak of?

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:36 am 

Down 2-0 after the first, tied 2-2 after the second (and some line shakeups), lose in OT. Far better game, but still not great. WTF is going on with this team?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:12 pm 

Later, rinse, repeat, lose in OT again. Barzal, who leads the team in PIMs, took a high sticking minor in OT. Flyers win on the PP. Sorokin is now 0-3.

This season is shaping up really nicely.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:35 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Can't remember if I said it already, but Varly is prone to stretches like this where he plays like a Vezina candidate for a while and then the bottom just completely fall out of his game. Usually when the latter is happening, it's because he's hurt and trying to play through it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:14 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
Can't remember if I said it already, but Varly is prone to stretches like this where he plays like a Vezina candidate for a while and then the bottom just completely fall out of his game. Usually when the latter is happening, it's because he's hurt and trying to play through it.

Well it certainly isn't like Sorokin has shown he can handle letting Varlamov rest. The great savior finally came over and has looked really pedestrian. Sure, his first game was mostly on the team in front of him and has given him very little goal support, but he's also let in 1-2 softies in each game he's played. He said prior to the season that he knew he needed to earn the fans' respect and admiration. Well fucking do it.

In other news, I realized yesterday that my wife had moved the Islanders blanket from the back of the couch where we watch games to the back of a couch in a spare room right as this losing streak started. So I washed it and put it back on the usual couch. So I'm fully expecting the losing streak to end today. No, I'm not at all superstitious. Why do you ask?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:05 am 

Just read that the Devils have a few players out for C19, most of whom played against the Sabres, who the Isles now host for 2 games. This will be interesting to watch. Is anyone mapping C19 protocolled players against their teams' schedules? Could give some good data on exposure/infection due to hockey.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:19 pm 

Been shoveling all day. Went to turn on the TV for the pre-game to hear the game is postponed. Good thing for everyone involved, except us fans bored at home hoping to watch something.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:29 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Chris18 wrote:
Been shoveling all day. Went to turn on the TV for the pre-game to hear the game is postponed. Good thing for everyone involved, except us fans bored at home hoping to watch something.

I would love to have a snow day from watching the Nucks give away the puck and two points to Montreal again tonight. Unfortunately, the game is in Montreal. And it's 5 degrees C and raining here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:31 pm 
Big in Japan

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

I would love to have a snow day from watching the Nucks give away the puck and two points to Montreal again tonight. Unfortunately, the game is in Montreal. And it's 5 degrees C and raining here.

6 inches/15 cm's of snow in Montreal today, which is basically a regular Tuesday in February.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:10 am 

E.L. wrote:
the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

6 inches/15 cm's of snow in Montreal today, which is basically a regular Tuesday in February.

We've gotten about 22" in the past 36 hours. Not the worst I've seen, but not a regular day around here. It just keeps coming. Every time I think I've cleared what I need to do, 2" more falls.

Isles/Sabres for Thursday is already also postponed. Sabres are quarantined until 2/8. So the Isles get to actually practice! Which they fucking need.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:55 pm 

Isles finally win one again. Back and forth, entertaining game against the Pens. Eberle with 2 more goals. He looks good on the 2nd line. Clutterbuck stood and watched Crosby get a loose puck that Guentzel put in for the Pens' lead. Then Clutterbuck scored his first of the season on the next shift. Lee with the winner on the PP with 2:15 to go.
It was all me bringing the blanket back inside.

Rangers on Monday. Beauvillier still won't be ready. Bugger.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:59 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Chris18 wrote:

Will that game be postponed?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:57 pm 

Scott 679 wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

? Did the Rangers have games postponed? Isles had the two vs the Devils postponed, but played the Pens last night.
If you were asking because I said Beauvillier, won't be ready, he has a lower body injury from someone (Capital?) falling on him after they collided last week or so.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:56 pm 

I forgot- that was Varlamov's 500th NHL game and he admitted that he thought about it a lot. He thanked everyone who has ever helped him including former coaches, etc.

Trotz's 849th win, tying him for 3rd place with Ken Hitchcock. After the game he was asked how important this win was for the team- "like a starving person needing food. We needed it."

Eberle with his best start to a season ever, having 5 goals in 10 games (most before was 2). He said going into the 3rd straight year with the same coaching staff was huge, because he's never had that sort of stability, never had the same systems that long.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:15 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Chris18 wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

? Did the Rangers have games postponed? Isles had the two vs the Devils postponed, but played the Pens last night.
If you were asking because I said Beauvillier, won't be ready, he has a lower body injury from someone (Capital?) falling on him after they collided last week or so.

It was their game against the Devils on Saturday that was postponed, so I thought it was both teams not realizing it was because of the Devils.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:35 pm 

Scott 679 wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

It was their game against the Devils on Saturday that was postponed, so I thought it was both teams not realizing it was because of the Devils.

Gotcha.

Isles at Rangers again tonight. Third time they've played, all 3 at MSG. Weird. Rangers don't have QueAngelo anymore, so their D is Addition by Subtraction improved.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:41 pm 

Isles with 2 late goals to beat the Rangers 2-0. Cizikas and Martin with the goals, giving the 4th line 3 of the team's last 4 goals. It's about time they heated up. Varlamov was great.

Pens again on Thursday.

Trotz when asked about reaching 850 wins, third most all time: "We play Pittsburgh on Thursday." The Man With No Neck focuses on the right things.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:22 am 

Josh Ho-Sang and his Swedish team have parted ways. Their GM issued a statement saying Ho-Sang was "far behind on training", wasn't adapting to the Euro game as quickly as they'd hoped. They thanked the Isles for the opportunity and wished him luck.

So that's a really good look for him. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:30 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
Josh Ho-Sang and his Swedish team have parted ways. Their GM issued a statement saying Ho-Sang was "far behind on training", wasn't adapting to the Euro game as quickly as they'd hoped. They thanked the Isles for the opportunity and wished him luck.

So that's a really good look for him. :roll:

Yes, it's a bad look. But also, dude hasn't played hockey for over a full calendar year. I get that he might just not be a legit player. But here's the deal--why are the Isles prolonging this? Why did they even pick him? Why, with a regime now in place that absolutely won't put up with his shit, are they STILL holding onto him!? I don't get it at all.

Quit wasting everyone's time and move the fuck on already. He either figures it out on his own or he doesn't, but continually putting him in a position to fail and then watching him fail is getting beyond tiresome. Just GET RID OF HIM, for fuck's sake...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next