Tanner Fritz
AJ Greer
Thomas Hickey
Andrew Ladd
Parker Wotherspoon

were all waived as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:10 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Greene is back on a 1 year contract for $700k, but has up to $2 million in performance bonuses. No clue what those bonuses are for, but it would apparently put them over the cap and cause them to lose cap space for next year as a penalty.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:14 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Not that I think he's NHL material but I was really hoping someone would claim Ho-Sang. I really don't know why the Isles continue to waste their time with him. Just dump his ass already.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:24 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Not that I think he's NHL material but I was really hoping someone would claim Ho-Sang. I really don't know why the Isles continue to waste their time with him. Just dump his ass already.

They are sending him back to Bridgeport and he's said he'll go. Should be interesting, considering the whole coaching staff that sent him away last year is still there. He's been through waivers twice, been on the trading block for about a year, etc. To say he's damaged goods is an understatement.

Speaking of waiving- the Isles waived Leo Komarov today!

Samuel Bolduc will be on the opening night roster. Surprise to me, but apparently he really impressed Trotz in camp.
Bellows also made the team, which I think is great.

Greene's performance bonuses are supposedly $675k if he plays 10 games, another $675 if he plays 20 games and $650k if he plays 30 games. Not sure if that includes playoffs or not.

Sorokin had a Zoom press conference today with reporters. They are all amazed he didn't speak English just a few months ago. Said his childhood idol was Nabokov, Varlamov has been like a big brother to him, he's felt incredibly welcomed by the team and especially fans. He really appreciates how much fans have wanted him to join the Isles for a few years and said he's going to work really hard to make sure he doesn't let them down. Asked about NY he said he loves Long Island and hates Manhattan because there are too many people, adding that he likes quiet areas like LI. He's either going to fit in perfectly or just knows what to say to make LIers like him. He said at the end of the interview "this was really hard. On-ice play is much easier." Trotz said he's got a great work ethic and praised Varlamov for mentoring him the way he has, but especially gave credit to Greiss for mentoring him last year in the bubble, fully knowing Sorokin was taking his job. I'm glad the Isles and Red Wings don't play each other this year (unless in playoffs) because I want Greiss to get an ovation his first time back on LI. He deserves it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:39 pm 
Big in Japan

It's too bad they couldn't find a way to keep Toews, but I still have high hopes for the team. I expect Dobson to take a step forward.

Surprised about Bolduc too. Straight from junior!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:30 pm 

21-21 roster (at the moment)

FORWARDS
Josh Bailey
Mathew Barzal
Anthony Beauvillier
Casey Cizikas
Cal Clutterbuck
Michael Dal Colle (IR)
Jordan Eberle
Ross Johnston
Leo Komarov
Anders Lee
Matt Martin
Brock Nelson
Jean-Gabriel Pageau
Oliver Wahlstrom

DEFENSEMEN
Sebastian Aho
Noah Dobson
Andy Greene
Thomas Hickey
Nick Leddy
Scott Mayfield
Adam Pelech
Ryan Pulock

GOALTENDERS
Ilya Sorokin
Semyon Varlamov

TAXI-SQUAD
Kieffer Bellows
Austin Czarnik
Otto Koivula
Jakub Skarek

Supposedly they expect to have Schneider officially signed to a deal in the next day or two, and then he'll take Skarek's place on the taxi squad and Skarek will head to Bridgeport. Supposedly...
Lou said Bellows being on the taxi squad is no big deal, and he was on a line with Pageau and Johnston today. People expect that to be the 3rd line tomorrow.

It's almost hockey time! :D