OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:34 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I almost used the title: (Dal) Colle Me Maybe but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Tonight...Chris is the Enemy.

Varlamov faces off against the team he spent eight (!!!) seasons with. Ironically he has been far healthier than his replacement, Philipp Grubauer.

Frankie gets the start tonight, and Groob gets the start tomorrow night in Manhattan against Igor Shesterkin. A shame the Isles don't yet have their hotshot Russian goalie prospect to put in the lineup quite yet, Avs could break in both. Unfortunately, since it's Varly, I'm expecting a shutout.

Game is at Nassau!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:50 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Good call on the shutout. I missed the whole game, but was sneaking peeks at the score during practice. It's amazing how often we need to take the cones off the bench, put the cones on the bench....

I heard Lee scored and when his mouthpiece fell out, Brassard caught it and put it back in for him. If accurate, that's got to the be the weirdest Isles goal celebration since Gutless Puke Travis Green and Ziggy Palffy kissed. :lol:

Isles with 55 points at the halfway point of their season. They hop back over the Pens into 2nd, but are still a few fathoms behind the Caps. I think the Caps all need drug tests. This is bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:18 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Gaaaahhhhhh...hopefully that game was taken up to the attic and locked up once it was over. Holy shiznit that was ugly 90s garbage if I ever saw it.

But hey, whatever you gotta do to win, do it. There are no points for style. Avs tend to struggle a bit when they face off against tight-checking teams who clog up passing lanes. Avs just could not get anything going.

And of course the one goal the Avs DID score, gets called back on an offside challenge. If a person new to the game saw this as their first-ever game, I doubt they'd see a second one.

Rangers tomorrow. Thankfully they are not nearly as disciplined on defense.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:20 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I'm waiting for a coach to start telling his own team to exit the zone and regroup any time he thinks it was even close to offside, just to be safe of not having a goal taken away. They all do it in OT. Why not during regulation?

I think there should also be a time limit on those plays. Something like if you maintain possession for 15 seconds in the zone, an offside review isn't allowed afterwards. Something long enough that having been offside by 2" shouldn't really matter, as you've controlled the play... Just a thought.