OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:00 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
As for avatars- I turned them off years ago so I couldn't possibly care less about them. I'm sure I could find another free host. Shit, maybe I could even do the Google image thing that took me weeks to figure out for regular posts. But that would require more effort than this sentence, so it's not going to happen. I've got Christmas cookies to go eat, so tough shit. Look at whatever I have here... I don't even know what it is.

If your curious, this is what it is:

Earlier, it was your Chiefs jersey, and then Photobucket blurred it out. They must have taken the next step and flat-out killed it.

Again, if you feel so inclined, you can upload an avatar directly to the site.

So my lack of avatar annoys you? The guy who gave me a nickname I don't appreciate? I am going to take a screenshot of that notice and make that my official avatar. Because, fuck you. :twisted: (I'm totally not bothering to do that, but it would be funny)

Isles news. They lost 5-2 to Lehner's depleted Blackhawks. Total lackluster effort. Like the team didn't want to beat Lehner. Terrible effort.

But the whole Beauvillier-Anna Kendrick thing is entertaining. Thanks dude!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:30 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I just looked that up. Nice. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:45 am 
Big in Japan

The Pens, Isles, Canes and Flyers are separated by three points in the divisional standings. This is going to be an interesting run the rest of the season. The Isles do have two games in hand, though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:02 am 

Isles beat the Wild 3-1, coming back in the 3rd after being down 1-0 most of the game.
Matt Martin with the GWG, assisted by a falling Uncle Leo, who rushed into the offensive zone to get the puck. Martin 1-timed it home. I'm sure that's exactly what Trotz had drawn up. :lol:
Big win for the Isles, who claim they've gone over film and figured some things out this week.
Caps on NYE. Huge game in the ever tightening Metro.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:19 pm 
Big in Japan

Uncle Leo! Helllllooooo!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:04 pm 

Isles beat the Caps 4-3. 2 from Cizikas, Nelson & 1st line Kuhnackl also scored. Varlamov saved this game for them. Made a lot of great saves, although they allowed 2 to good ol' Cocaine Kuznetsov.

Nice to end the decade with a win though.

Devils on Friday night. 1st look at Hughes for the Isles.

Ladd is back in Bridgeport. The recall didn't last long for him. He's playing well in Bridgeport. For whatever that's worth. I guess it's still worth $5.5 million to him, but man I hope they figure out a way to get Seattle to take him as a veteran presence.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:59 pm 

Adam Pelech tore his Achilles and is out for the regular season, they wouldn't specify how he did it, only that it was not game-related and he did it off the ice. Reports indicate it was during a round of one-touch or whatever that soccer game is hockey players play before every game.

Whatever the case, that sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:05 pm 

Yep. Lou called it a "freak accident". They've called up their Sebastian Aho.

Pelech has quietly become a really good defender. Prior to Trotz's arrival most fans thought he sucked and should be a throw in for any trade made. Pfft. Now they're all crying in their beers that he's out for a few months. His timetable for return should put his return at the start of the playoffs. That would be nice, assuming they make the playoffs with how tight the Metro is. They've been about .500 since that 17 game points streak, and are tied in points with the Pens, but have a game in hand. The Canes are right behind them and even Philly are only 4 points back. Isles have games in hand on all, but a 17 game point streak should fucking jettison you to the top of the standings. Yet they're still 6 behind the Caps, who are beating the Canes right now.

Isles are at Toronto tomorrow. I will miss most of the game. :x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:52 am 

3-0 loss to the Leafs (empty netter). Isles hit the post at least 3 times. Kuhnackl had the puck on the goal line and he was behind Hutchinson but couldn't get it in. He was interviewed afterwards and said he still doesn't understand how it didn't go in. The Isles played well, but just couldn't score. Hutchinson played a perfect game.

But the Isles need to figure out some scoring. Eberle with 3 goals is just ridiculous. He had 4 goals in 4 games in the playoffs vs Pittsburgh. Lee hasn't scored in a while. They need to make a move, and now, because they're slipping down the standings in a hurry.

Avs on Monday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:06 am 

Chris18 wrote:
3-0 loss to the Leafs (empty netter). Isles hit the post at least 3 times. Kuhnackl had the puck on the goal line and he was behind Hutchinson but couldn't get it in. He was interviewed afterwards and said he still doesn't understand how it didn't go in. The Isles played well, but just couldn't score. Hutchinson played a perfect game.

But the Isles need to figure out some scoring. Eberle with 3 goals is just ridiculous. He had 4 goals in 4 games in the playoffs vs Pittsburgh. Lee hasn't scored in a while. They need to make a move, and now, because they're slipping down the standings in a hurry.

Avs on Monday.

I can't imagine Trotz likes Eberle at all, kinda shocked he stuck around but it's not like there are better options floating around. He just doesn't strike me as a Trotz guy. For all his talent, he's kind of a perimeter player.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:08 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Avs on Monday.

I can't imagine Trotz likes Eberle at all, kinda shocked he stuck around but it's not like there are better options floating around. He just doesn't strike me as a Trotz guy. For all his talent, he's kind of a perimeter player.

I guess Trotz can see that he's (usually) useful as a scoring threat. He's still playing well. He just can't finish.

Fans are freaking out. They're 9-11 since Nov 23rd. People suggesting they call up Ho-Sang or trade him (as if he has any value?) for a top 6 sniper or 3C. Ho-Sang has 3 assists in 5 AHL games so far. He's hardly the answer the Isles need. They tried to trade him for a few months. I don't claim to have the answer, but that certainly isn't it.
The Metro is tightening like crazy. Isles are now in 3rd, behind the Caps by ten points, and behind the Pens by 2. Sure, they have games in hand on both, but it doesn't feel like they'll win those games in hand.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:16 am 
Big in Japan

The Pens still winning with everyone hurt has been one of the season's wildest stories. The Isles are good, but still can't quite catch the depleted Pens. Might change with Guentzel gone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:19 am 

E.L. wrote:
The Pens still winning with everyone hurt has been one of the season's wildest stories. The Isles are good, but still can't quite catch the depleted Pens. Might change with Guentzel gone.

The Pens only leap-frogged the Isles yesterday, with Guentzel out. I swear the Pens get better with more missing top players. Every time they lose someone other Metro team fans seem to celebrate that it will be "easy" for their team to climb over the Pens, only to see the Pens claw their way up further than anyone expected.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:48 am 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

The Pens only leap-frogged the Isles yesterday, with Guentzel out. I swear the Pens get better with more missing top players. Every time they lose someone other Metro team fans seem to celebrate that it will be "easy" for their team to climb over the Pens, only to see the Pens claw their way up further than anyone expected.

It's Malkin. He seemingly gets better with every fallen teammate.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:52 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

It's Malkin. He seemingly gets better with every fallen teammate.

But it's been him hurt at times too. :lol:

Isles with a 1-0 win vs the Avs. Lee with a late goal. Still 8 points behind the Caps (WTF?). 55 points in 41 games. Not bad at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:52 am 

4-3 OT win vs the Devils, who remind me a lot of those early 2010s Isles, who played great once they were out of the playoffs, and made all games interesting once it was clear they'd lose no matter how they played. The old saying "you've gotta learn to lose before you can learn to win" comes to mind. They're going to be good pretty soon if they stay their course.

Good to see the Isles score some goals, especially Eberle. Leo Komarov has been actually playing good hockey! Dobson looked very good on his 20th birthday. Weird game. It had a span of like 8:15 with no stoppage, so then there was 3 commercial breaks within 3 minutes of play. Killed the flow.
This was Lee's first OT winner. His skill set doesn't really scream OT, and now that I think about it, he's barely ever on in OT. Hell of a shot though.
Pulock nearly killed Blackwood. He blasted a 1-timer straight into Blackwood's mask and the goalie kind of slumped and fell to the side. Play stopped and his mouth was clearly bleeding when he flipped his mask up. There were gaps in his teeth- not sure if that's old or Pulock knocked teeth out. :shock: That was with like 37 seconds left in the 2nd, but he came out for the 3rd period and played well. Isles announcers were saying he might get the concussion protocol. Maybe he did between periods?
Side note- Beauvillier has been ice cold since the whole Anna Kendrick thing. He missed the net on a breakaway in OT.

Isles don't play again until Saturday vs the Bruins.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:48 am 

Confirmed- Blackwood lost teeth on the Pulock save. https://elitesportsny.com/2020/01/07/new-jersey-devils-mackenzie-blackwood-makes-painful-save-vs-islanders/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:45 am 
OTP Historian

Jesus :shock:

I played shinny for my older brother last night and asked if they could find someone because I was feeling like shit, they couldn't. So I went out, played...and proceeded to take 4 or 5 shots off of the mask in one night. :? :x I can't ever remember taking that many in one night off the head.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:21 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Jesus :shock:

I played shinny for my older brother last night and asked if they could find someone because I was feeling like shit, they couldn't. So I went out, played...and proceeded to take 4 or 5 shots off of the mask in one night. :? :x I can't ever remember taking that many in one night off the head.

I played goalie in 3 practices in high school. Didn't wear a goalie cup- just a standard player cup. I took enough shots off the lower head that I have never put on goalie pads since. I know my experience isn't the norm, but goalies are some brave folk.

Miss18.1 played goalie a few times in a short span during her mite (atom) years. She took a bunch of shots off the forehead area of the helmet from opposing mites that she told me between periods "this is really stupid!". Then, she played for her inline mite team like 2 weeks later. There was a bantam all star game after her mite game and they only had 1 goalie, so the coach asked her to play in the bantam all star game. He had no idea how young she was. She took a few shots off the forehead again. One literally knocked her over backwards. The kid who shot it felt terrible during the game and came over to apologize after the game was over. He saw how young she was and started crying, he felt so bad. 14 year old boy crying at hockey... Yep. Great day. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:39 pm 

I remember back when I played roller hockey and one of the goalies was dumb enough not to wear a jock and got a one-timer right in the junk. He was down for a pretty long time. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next