OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:47 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Fucking Jack Adams award voting is almost always ridiculous. How in the actual fuck did Paul Maurice secure more votes than most of the field when his team was getting absolutely killed every night on the shot clock? Why are sportswriters so dumb that even after all these years, they can't tell the difference between good coaching and great goaltending!?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:12 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Killorn gets a game for that hit--that's probably fair, though I would've been fine if he had gotten more.

Side note: How close are all the youngsters currently in the Isles stable? They have a better prospect stable than I thought, especially since Pronman just recently ranked it pretty low (27th I think). They got Wahlstrom and Bellows coming in up front, and then on the back end Dobson (who should be playing NOW unless he's hurt...Andy Greene can't possibly be doing well for them) and then down the road in a year or two they got Bolduc and Wilde. And of course, Sorokin is gonna be in the NHL next season. Beyond that, is there anyone I missed?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:46 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
Killorn gets a game for that hit--that's probably fair, though I would've been fine if he had gotten more.

Side note: How close are all the youngsters currently in the Isles stable? They have a better prospect stable than I thought, especially since Pronman just recently ranked it pretty low (27th I think). They got Wahlstrom and Bellows coming in up front, and then on the back end Dobson (who should be playing NOW unless he's hurt...Andy Greene can't possibly be doing well for them) and then down the road in a year or two they got Bolduc and Wilde. And of course, Sorokin is gonna be in the NHL next season. Beyond that, is there anyone I missed?

I'm glad Killorn got a game. At this point of the season I'm surprised he got that much. I know he's not a typically dirty player, but that was a fucking dangerous hit. For Goodrow to get nothing is bullshit though.

Wahlstrom and Bellows- mehhhhh. They are okay but haven't really impressed at the NHL level. The last Isles forwards to come out of Bridgeport with any promise were Lee and Nelson, like 6 years ago. Thompson just isn't developing forwards. Dmen to play about a year there- Pulock, Pelech and Toews. So he's doing well with D. But they haven't been able to call up a forward and have them stick in a long time. Koivula at C is okay. But he certainly didn't impress at the NHL level. Just remembered he'd only moved to C last year though, so he's still got some learning to do.

EL- the Isles sucked donkey at the end of the regular season, once they lost Pelech. That probably counted a lot against Trotz. And having Andrew Ladd play last night may not have been factored in, but it would have if the voting hadn't happened yet. What the fucking fuck was he thinking? How much of a kick in the balls was that loss? My filthy, disgusting Ranger fan friends are saying they feel bad for the Isles!!! Fucking Ranger fans feeling sorry for the Isles, and not like "haha, you losers lost Tavares!" feeling sorry. Like full on, "duuuuuuude, that sucks! I felt so bad for them. 2-0 to Tampa?" :chairshot:

So yeah. Game 3 tomorrow. Should I just put my balls into a vice grip now or wait until their first PP?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:00 am 
Big in Japan

Ladd is still alive?!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:21 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Well, define 'alive'. He looked rather lifeless while floating around the ice for the last 30 seconds of game 2. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:26 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Ladd is still alive?!

Just barely. And not for long if Isles fans have their way! Most point to his contract as the worst in the NHL. Pretty much buyout-proof, seems like 20 years left on it, huge cap hit and when he does play (rarely), he's, umm, not good. One Isle fan actually wrote a whole conspiracy theory about how Game 2 was Trotz's way of showing Ladd he's no longer an NHLer and should retire, going into coaching or broadcasting. Obviously it's either a joke or really, really dumb, as no coach, especially not Trotz, is going to do something like that in the ECF, but it was rather amusing. I keep hoping that Seattle takes Ladd as a way of getting to the salary floor, provide some veteran leadership and of course, the ever needed "grit". Would they? Probably not unless Lou sends some draft picks and really nice gift baskets with him. One of those with fruit and bath bombs...

Down 2-0, tonight is obviously huge. Killorn is suspended. Stamkos is out. Point may be as well... Time to fucking win a game and set the stage to even it up on Sunday and prep these fucks for a long series! :viking:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:04 pm 

When blew the 3-1 lead I thought for sure they were going to lose the game. Gutsy comeback to take it 5-3 (en).

Kucherov is a dick. The slashes on Pageau as he headed for the empty net were ridiculous.
Glad Martin took Goodrow on to end it. Wish he pummeled him worse though after that shit on Nelson last game.

Sure Sunday's Game 4 is going to be a rough one. This game got pretty ugly at times.
Isles need to figure out how to score a fucking PP goal. The perimeter passing has gotten really old.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:50 pm 
Big in Japan

I know Point was out but I thought the Isles battled back hard. And yeah, Kuch is such a dick.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:47 am 

E.L. wrote:
I know Point was out but I thought the Isles battled back hard. And yeah, Kuch is such a dick.

Post-game interviewer- JG, What do you think Kucherov was trying to do with those slashes at the end there?
Pageau- I think he was just going for the puck (Nelson seems to smirk a little). But he missed. By a lot.

Yeah. About 3 feet.

And I know- Stamkos, Point and Killorn all missed this game. Too fucking bad. That's part of the playoffs. Cizikas is huge for the game the Isles play and he missed the game too. It was a footnote on the broadcast. It totally changed how they set up their lines, moving Martin and Clutterbuck up to the 3rd line, and then having Komarov center for Brassard and Dal Colle on the 4th line. That line was pretty useless all night. Komarov has no business playing center but the Isles' next choice is Otto Koivula, and he's just not NHL ready. Especially not ECF NHL ready. So hopefully Cizikas is ready to go for tomorrow but he's looked hurt for a while.

I love the way they battled back in this one. On Nelson's goal I yelled "WTF are you do" when Beauvillier first tried to pass through 3 Lightning players. When he got it back and did the over-turned behind the back pass to a wide open Nelson for the goal I just stopped mid "doing?" and said "ooooh nice!" :lol: It's almost like NHL players know the game better than me...

Huge game on Sunday afternoon! Hopefully the Isles come in with this kind of play and tie the series up!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:14 am 
OTP Historian

Nice one to keep themselves in the series that the Isles really needed to take with the Bolts guys out. I've seen games where the Wings haven't taken advantage of an injury or a suspension(Pronger) and it cost them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:24 pm 

Lou wins the GM of the Year award!
Well deserved. I know Lou has his detractors, but without Lou there’d be no Trotz for the Isles. I don’t even want to think about the state this team would be in without Lou and Trotz. I’m more than confident they wouldn’t be in the ECFs, that’s for sure! So thanks to Lou, and to Ledecky & Malkin for bringing him in!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:06 pm 

Well that blows a rabid donkey on crack. Nelson puts the Isles up 1-0. Barely finished celebrating when the Lightning score to tie it. Barely finish complaining and the Lightning score again. Up 1-0 to down 2-1 in 27 fucking seconds. 4-1 loss (en) to all but officially end the season, being down 3-1.

Just before the game the Isles announced that Kuhnackl and Cizikas have left the bubble to get some procedures. :chairshot: Fucking Komarov centering the 4th line for however long they're left in the playoffs, which I think is probably 1 more game. If someone had told me they'd make it this far, I'd sign up for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:06 pm 
Big in Japan

Brayden Point returned for game 4 and made them pay. Bolts push the Isles to the edge. Damn the annoyingly good Lightning.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:41 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Brayden Point returned for game 4 and made them pay. Bolts push the Isles to the edge. Damn the annoyingly good Lightning.

Point left the game not long after scoring. Got tangled up behind the net with an Isle and they both fell awkwardly. Looked similar to the play he was hurt on in Game 2. Even without him, the Isles would have a really tough time winning 3 straight. I certainly hope they do, but I'm not betting the farm on it.

Game 5 Tuesday evening.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:59 pm 

Time for the first of hopefully 3 Game 7s from the Isles' standpoint. Win and get a chance at another on Thursday. Lose and start packing and going over what you did wrong...

Go fucking win it! :viking:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:53 pm 

Really fucking weird lines for the Isles tonight.

Lee-Barzal-Clutterbuck????
Beauvillier-Nelson-Bailey
Martin-Pageau-Eberle??? I know he's been snake bitten, but Eberle on the 3rd line? Hell, maybe he & Pageau find some chemistry.
Brassard & Komarov on the 4th line.
7 D- adding Boychuk back in.

Personally, I'd put Beauvillier on with Barzal and bump Lee down. But hey, maybe Barry Trotz is a little smarter than I am!

I'm fully expecting the Isles to win Games 5 & 6. Why? Because I'll miss most of Game 7!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:45 pm 

Boychuk had his skate blade knocked out by a shot. He's blocked quite a few shots. One to the gut. ouch.

1-1 after 2. Tampa had a goal taken back by an offside challenge. Dude was a good 4' offside.

Isles actually scored a PP goal- 1 timer by Pulock. Now it's time for Eberle to get the game winner!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:41 pm 

Fucking OT and the Isles will stay shorthanded. Beauvillier with the high stick to the face of Sergachev. Double minor. Fucking fuck. The intermission just seems like a long time for the Lightning to plan a perfect PP and end the series. :fffffuck:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:00 am 
Big in Japan

Eberle the hero in 2OT. Game 6 here we come.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:06 am 

E.L. wrote:
Eberle the hero in 2OT. Game 6 here we come.

Lee to Eberle in double OTeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm going to have to rush Miss18.2 the hell out of the lockerroom after practice Thursday!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next