OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:39 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
It sucks when it happens, but if anyone had told me before the restart that they'd reach OT of Game 6 of the ECF, I'd certainly have signed up. I never expected this team to get anywhere near this and Tampa are just so stacked it seems unfair.

Lots to be proud of and look forward to in the future. Can't wait for the 20-21 season to start.

Trotz said after the game that Pelech got hurt early in Game 5 but played it out on adrenaline. He'll need surgery. Wouldn't say what it was, but said the team will release it. I think it was a shoulder.

Not a bad finish at all.

I still have mixed feelings about Varly but I’m glad he had a fantastic run.

I have mixed feelings on Varlamov. :lol: He was great for most of the playoffs. Game 1 vs the Lightning was bullshit by the league trying to get everything over with quicker, but I get it. They were also probably trying to schedule so a Game 7 would be on a Saturday. But not giving the Isles a day to rest after a 7 game series was bullshit. Not saying that's why they lost the series- Tampa is just better. But I'm saying that's why Game 1 was 8-2. I place very little blame on Greiss and Varlamov.

Found out Pelech's injury was a broken wrist suffered in the first 5 minutes of Game 5. He played the rest of the game (32 minutes of ice time!) with a wrist broken so badly he needs surgery! There was a few times he gave shitty passes and I wondered wtf was wrong with him. Now I know! I'm sure playing with it broken probably made it much worse and that's why he needs surgery, but damn dude, way to tough it out.

And props to Dobson for playing well in his first game in 6 months. Nothing like a little pressure!

Cizikas' injury confirmed to be a detached retina. He had successful surgery on Monday.
Still no word on what happened to Kuhnackl.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:25 am 
OTP Historian

Damn, sorry that its over Chris but what a run!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:24 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Damn, sorry that its over Chris but what a run!

I was bummed for a few minutes, maybe. I never thought they'd realistically beat the Lightning. That team is just stacked. But they showed they can play with them.

By the way, Isles are saying Cizikas' eye injury happened in Game 2 is is likely the reason he changed at a bad time, putting Pageau on with only seconds to go, which left Kucherov wide fucking open in front.

And not that it made a difference, but I still find it complete bullshit that Kucherov was allowed to skate away to the bench before being checked for blood prior to assessing Greene a double minor. I've heard of players biting their lip to draw blood while being face down on the ice. Give a guy a full minute to go to the bench and hide behind teammates, and what can he do to get blood from his nose? A lot. And it's not like there was a lot. It wasn't dripping. It was around the nostril and that's it. Seems rather bullshitty. But it's not the reason they lost, and Nelson nearly ended it while shorthanded. Reminds me of the dumb questions reporters ask. Someone actually asked Varlamov "With Nelson going on the breakaway shorthanded, what were you thinking?" Varlamov looked for a second like "that was so dumb I must have misheard it." but he answered something like "Uhh, I was hoping he would score and end it. But he didn't score." What does it take to get press credentials? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:35 pm 
Big in Japan

I think Tampa, who didn't want a repeat of their early bow out last year, found something of a market inefficiency by targeting inexpensive but effective players rather than go for the big rental. They basically built a killer checking line from scratch.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:26 pm 

E.L. wrote:
I think Tampa, who didn't want a repeat of their early bow out last year, found something of a market inefficiency by targeting inexpensive but effective players rather than go for the big rental. They basically built a killer checking line from scratch.

Yep. The new Moneyball method, and if they win, watch Matt Martin get another 4 year, $16M deal.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:20 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I listened to NHL Radio do a roundtable discussion on the big-name RFAs out there and of course Barzal's name came up. I'm guessing Lou takes care of business quickly and efficiently. Barzal is of course a superstar talent but no doubt Lou is gonna point out that he was scoreless in the last series. I just don't see a re-enactment of the whole Marner/Toronto fiasco.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:07 am 
Big in Japan

The Isles have 9M in cap space and they need to sign Barzal, Pulock and Toews, so they're a soft target if they can't dump a few contracts.

Leddy, Boychuk, Ladd, Hickey, Komarov would get it done. They might want to bring back Andy Greene too, if he still wants to play.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:50 am 
OTP Historian

Detroit should be eating up these contracts to acquire draft picks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:33 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Detroit should be eating up these contracts to acquire draft picks.

Sounds good to me!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19