OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:06 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

5-0 shit show loss to the Bruins.
Filppula hurt on his first shift, being checked into the end boards awkwardly and left the ice immediately. Hit his head and shoulder. No idea what the injury is. Martin started talking to Chara on the next shift. They dropped the gloves to start the 2nd period, with Chara knocking Martin down twice, but not really throwing any huge punches. I was surprised to see Chara go with the Isles playing so poorly. Seemed obvious to me Martin was just trying to spark the Isles. Maybe Chara owed him one. Gave Martin a friendly pat on the back afterwards.
But, nothing sparked the Isles who had 13 shots on goal. Whoo-fucking-pee. It's not like it was a big game or anything.

They played a nice video for Halak and the crowd gave him a standing ovation and the Ja-ro chant. So Isles fans aren't always "classless" to their former players. Just certain dicks. Maybe that's why they lost- they want the "91 points without me" to be valid for longer.

Habs on Thursday.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:20 pm 

Filppula out 4 weeks with a UBI. Tanner Fritz called up because they need a center. Fans are freaking the fuck out that they didn't call up Ho-Sang. I get that they need a center, but Ho-Sang has only played really well when up. Fritz is invisible.

Clutterbuck also apparently left last night's game. I turned it off to fix my water softener so I didn't see it. Not sure if he's out for a while or just banged up.

Isles magic # to make the playoffs remains at 11, and they're playing the Habs on Thursday, who sit in 9th. A regulation win would drop the magic # to 7. A loss would allow the Pens and/or Canes to crawl up their asses.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:44 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Chris18 wrote:
and they're playing the Habs on Thursday, who sit in 9th. A regulation win would drop the magic # to 7. A loss would allow the Pens and/or Canes to crawl up their asses.

Let them crawl. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:58 am 

us 679 part trois wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
and they're playing the Habs on Thursday, who sit in 9th. A regulation win would drop the magic # to 7. A loss would allow the Pens and/or Canes to crawl up their asses.

Let them crawl. :twisted:

I would prefer not.

Fritz in for Filppula and the Isles have just signed Grant Hutton, right handed D-man who Captained Miami of Ohio.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:58 pm 

These guys must have made plans to golf in early April prior to the season. Playing like they don't give the slightest fuck.
They should decline powerplays. All they do is lead to the other team getting a boost after easily killing it. "5 on 3? Just pass it around for a while. This wouldn't be fair to score on." Ridiculously bad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:15 pm 
Big in Japan

Price looked like a Vezina champ tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:53 am 

E.L. wrote:
Price looked like a Vezina champ tonight.

He did. He frustrated the hell out of the Isles forwards. And fans. :lol:
The Isles overachieved for the first 2/3 of the season, and look like they've not only come back down to Earth, but hit so hard they're now subterranean.

Philly on Saturday. Because they've played them so well lately... Hopefully they can avenge the pair of 3 goal losses the Flyers gave them recently. But they've shown nothing lately to make me think they can.

Clumbus lost in regulation so they're in 9th, dropping the Isles "magic number" to 10. :yayyy: Backing the bus toward a quick playoff exit. Beep beep beep beep...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:14 pm 

Isles with a nice 4-2 win over the Flyers. Still, 0-5 on the PP, including a full 2 minute 5 on 3. When they got it I told my kids "they'll get like 2 shots and not score, then the Flyers will play with confidence and tie the game within 2 minutes. I wish I had someone to bet against.
Bailey with 2 goals, the winner and the insurance goal.
Boychuk returned but said after the game his revenge on Voracek was the Isles winning. That means he's waiting til next year. :lol:
Back within 1 point of the Caps. Magic # down to 8.

Coyotes tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:41 am 

The Isles won yesterday, but so did all the other fuckers. The Metro is as tight as a dolphin's asshole.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:32 pm 

Huge win vs the Coyotes. Nelson scoring an insurance goal on a reviewed play. Lehner was awesome. Keumper took a soccer-like dive when Nelson barely touched him and when he didn't get the call went after Nelson a bit, butt ending him in the groin around a linesman. No calls at all. Okay then.

Fritz was really good in replacement of Filppula. Killed like 30 seconds of a penalty by himself. Was robbed of a goal by a great save.

Caps won, so the Isles kept pace, staying 1 point behind them. That last game of the year is looking huge.
If Clumbus loses tonight, the Isles could clinch a playoff spot Tuesday by beating Clumbus. But of course, they have their eyes on their first division title in 31 years. So yeah, that last game is huge...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:53 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
Huge win vs the Coyotes. Nelson scoring an insurance goal on a reviewed play. Lehner was awesome. Keumper took a soccer-like dive when Nelson barely touched him and when he didn't get the call went after Nelson a bit, butt ending him in the groin around a linesman. No calls at all. Okay then.

Fritz was really good in replacement of Filppula. Killed like 30 seconds of a penalty by himself. Was robbed of a goal by a great save.

Caps won, so the Isles kept pace, staying 1 point behind them. That last game of the year is looking huge.
If Clumbus loses tonight, the Isles could clinch a playoff spot Tuesday by beating Clumbus. But of course, they have their eyes on their first division title in 31 years. So yeah, that last game is huge...

Avs fans are verrrrrrrrrrrry grateful to the Isles and Lehner for hanging on for that shutout. :smilecool:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:51 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Avs fans are verrrrrrrrrrrry grateful to the Isles and Lehner for hanging on for that shutout. :smilecool:

I'm sure! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:48 am 

So apparently hitting Preview loses your post on you as well. :lol: :fffffuck:
I had made a table of the Eastern Conference playoff picture: Teams, current points, #games remaining and their opponents. Lots of playing each other, as you'd expect, so the playoff picture is very unclear. I hadn't intended to write all of that, but just started doing it, in here, instead of in Word or Excel where it was safe. You'd think I'd learn. :lol:

Suffice it to say the seedings likely won't be set until after the final buzzer. 1-3 in the Metro is not safe at all, as the Canes & Clumbus have 7 games left and could make their way into the top spots.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:39 am 

4-0 (en) loss to Clumbus. Caps and Habs both won also. Isles get bumped to 3rd due to goal diff and this was their game in hand on the Pens. 3 points behind the Caps now with 5 to go.

Isles started off looking great. They had Clumbus stuck in their zone for almost the entire first 2 minutes. 4 minutes in they had too many on the ice during a slow change and someone played the puck... So they gave up a PP goal early and it just seemed to suck all the wind out of them.

Thursday in Winnipeg. That should be an easy win. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:39 am 
Big in Japan

Needed the Isles to do the Habs a solid yesterday, but nope. They hurt Werenski, though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:46 am 
Big in Japan

Lou Lams digs into his extensive rolodex and signs undrafted BU F Bobo Carpenter, son of ex-Dev Bobby Carpenter.

Supposed to be pretty good but his numbers in his senior year don't exactly scream out success. Basically got passed by a slew of prospects on the depth chart, including Farabee and Bowers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:18 pm 

Man, what's the deal with Oliver Wahlstrom? Committed and de-committed from two schools before finally showing up for BC, had a rough season and now might either be turning pro or heading to Europe.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles ... 5_28728323

I imagine this ain't sittin' well with Lou at all.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:22 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Lou Lams digs into his extensive rolodex and signs undrafted BU F Bobo Carpenter, son of ex-Dev Bobby Carpenter.

Supposed to be pretty good but his numbers in his senior year don't exactly scream out success. Basically got passed by a slew of prospects on the depth chart, including Farabee and Bowers.

Word has it the guy who replaced Rangers coach David Quinn has been an outright disaster and the Terriers players can't get outta there fast enough. Farabee, Carpenter, and a whole slew of others are following Tkachuk, who left before the regime change, out the door.

The only guy who is reportedly returning is Bowers (former Sens pick, now Avs prospect) but I imagine he might be waffling a bit seeing as how nearly all his teammates are jumping ship.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:02 pm 

I had written about Bobo Carpenter in one of the 5000 posts I lost this month. :lol: Sounds like he's a grinder. Because the Isles don't have enough of those. And yes, the new BU coach is supposedly a tire fire, and players are scattering.

EL- Habs can do everyone a favor and beat the damn Blue Jackets tomorrow. I had an old man game, so I left like 5 minutes into the 2nd period last night. Thankfully I didn't have to watch that game. So I didn't see Werenski get hurt. No idea what happened.

Jets tomorrow.

Don't think I mentioned this- Ladd is out for 5 months with a partially torn ACL.

Unrelated to any of that- I'm listening to Custance's book. Just heard the part where he talks to Torts and Sullivan together. When Torts interviewed with the Isles he told Snow he wasn't a good fit for the job, and told Snow to hire Sullivan. Snow hired Scott Gordon instead. :fffffuck:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:02 am 

Great game by the Isles. Sort of. They went down 1-0 a whopping 13 seconds into the game when a centering pass went off a Jets' skate and in. Clean goal. Lehner was pissed. Less than 6 minutes in, they were down 2-0 and it had that feeling of a 7-1 loss. Instead, they were down 4re2 in the third and won it 5-4 in regulation. 2 goals in something like 31 seconds to end it. Eberle with 2, Lee with a deflection, Barzal with his first in 19 games, and Cizikas with his 20th(!).
Trotz said after the game that he was told that last year they'd have been totally satisfied with the tying goal and getting 1 point and then "seeing what would happen" in OT. He's totally right.
Isles can clinch a playoff spot on Saturday vs Buffalo, but remain 3 points behind the Caps. The Isles did the Preds a huge favor by beating the Jets in regulation, so hopefully they return the favor and beat the Pens in regulation tonight.

For about half hour after the game I kept waiting to hear they actually somehow lost the game. Offsides on a goal, a puck never really went in... Something, because, well, Islanders...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next