OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:33 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

us 679 part trois wrote:
E.L. wrote:
They were pretty consistently good all season, too. Merited their spot in the standings. So the playoff home gates will be in BK?

I thought Chris had said that the first round would be in Uniondale.

Yep- Round 1 is in Uniondale at the OLD digs. If they advance (please feel free to do so!), the rest will all be at Brooklyn.

Trotz has told people to stop asking him if Lehner or Greiss is starting. :lol:

I keep telling myself I'm just happy they fed all the pundits a shit sandwich simply by making the playoffs. But of course, now I really want them to beat the Pens. I have no idea if they can do it, and that's the best kind of series. I just hope they can at least make it a long series if they're going to lose it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:08 pm 

In non-playoff news, in addition to winning a share of the Jennings Trophy, Robin Lehner is a finalist for both the Masterton Trophy and the Vezina Trophy. Fucking Right!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:00 pm 

Isles prospect Ilya Sorokin not only won the KHL championship, but was the playoff MVP. Wonder if he'll ever make it to the US.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:09 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
Isles prospect Ilya Sorokin not only won the KHL championship, but was the playoff MVP. Wonder if he'll ever make it to the US.

Yah. He will.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:59 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Yah. He will.

Why do you think so? He's a superstar over there, making shit loads of money, living in his native country. Why would he come over? And especially if the Isles re-sign Lehner, I would assume it would have to be to a deal of like 4-5 years, making Sorokin likely a backup to Lehner.
I meant to write all of that this morning, but didn't for some reason. iiam:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:53 pm 
Big in Japan

Sorokin will come over eventually. Just not sure it'll be this MVP version.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:13 am 

E.L. wrote:

So when he's old and broken he'll come over? Or you mean when he comes over he'll look human when facing NHL shots?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:58 am 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

So when he's old and broken he'll come over? Or you mean when he comes over he'll look human when facing NHL shots?

Old and broken. But possibly the latter as well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:54 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Old and broken. But possibly the latter as well.

:lol:
If it's because they've signed Lehner to a decent contract, so be it!

Bridgeport are down 2-1 in the 5 game series to Hershey. Bugger.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:55 pm 

Bridgeport win in OT to force a Game 5 (5 game series).
Wahlstrom with a goal.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:03 am 

Not too surprising- Barry Trotz is a Jack Adams Award finalist. Also not surprising, he deflected every question about it, returning the focus to the Isles current playoff series.

Sound Tigers lost in OT of Game 5 (5 game series). So the Isles can now have some black aces if they want. After Clutterbuck's clusterfuck that cost them Game 1, I wouldn't mind seeing any of Bellows, Dal Colle, Ho-Sang, or even Wahlstrom in his place. Wahlstrom had a very good showing in his short pro stint. 2 playoff goals in 5 games. Isles future is looking still better.

I don't think I've ever written about football before, but the New York Giants 1st round pick Ryan Connelly, is Anders Lee's cousin. Should be pretty cool to have cousins playing different sports in the same area. Lee was an all state quarterback in high school. Or something like that. Now, he just needs to re-sign with the Isles!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:28 pm 

Boychuk says he could have come back if the Isles made it to Game 6 vs the Canes. Oh well.

Clutterbuck's injuries- holy shit. Stress fracture, two slipped disks and two rotated vertebrae. He's having back surgery this week. That sounds really serious. How the hell did he play another game like that? And he threw some big hits. He's out 4-6 months minimum.

Mayfield, aka "this guy", had such bad fluid build up in his foot from ankle injury for the past month he could barely get his skate on/off.

Supposedly shovels will be at least set, if not in the ground at Belmont before July 1st, which may not help attract UFAs, but at least they won't all be totally scared off as much as past years with the uncertainty of ever getting Belmont built.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:24 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I unstickied this, Chris.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:08 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
I unstickied this, Chris.

Thanks. I kept meaning to do it. Then CRS would kick in. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10