OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:49 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Oh I know Luca Sbisa -- Mr Pizza Delivery, prego prego. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:40 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Logical Progression wrote:
Oh I know Luca Sbisa -- Mr Pizza Delivery, prego prego. :lol:

Ug. $1.5 million for 1 year. Lou made him an offer he couldn't refuse, but it didn't involve sleeping with the fishes. "Leave the puck. Take the cannoli." seems to be Sbisa's motto. (I stole that last one from someone on an angry Isles board)

What a fucking roller coaster off-season. I can't wait to start yelling about actual in-game fuck ups.

This likely sends Toews back to Bridgeport.

Isles D as of now:
Leddy- Boychuk
Hickey- Pulock
Sbisa-Mayfield
Pelech-Toews (the only one who doesn't require waivers, so he's most likely Bridgeport bound)

Random update- Ladd has been out with muscle tightness in his back for almost a week now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:55 am 

Pulock with 2 goals, Hickey with a goal and Beauvillier with the OT winner vs the Rangers. Game was actually on TV. Sbisa looked like he thought Zibanejad was his D partner on that Ranger goal. Gave him like 5', in front of the net. :lol: What a dumb ass.
How Pulock isn't on PP1 is beyond my comprehension. Seems like just vet vs kid bullshit.

Barzal, Beauvillier and Bailey look really good together.
The impending UFA line of Lee, Nelson and Eberle is interesting. :lol: I like the idea of putting them together, as if to say "let's see who wants a big contract, a trade, and a team friendly low ball offer. Aaaaaand go!"

I know it's pre-season, but Lundqvist is showing his age. He will likely bounce back when real games start, but he just looked slow and grumpy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:07 am 

Now Kunackl, Kovar and Komarov are a line. Art Staple asked people to not nickname it... :shock:

No word on final cuts. No Seidenberg signing, yet, anyway.

Real games are less than a week away! :mulletbutch:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:13 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
I know it's pre-season, but Lundqvist is showing his age. He will likely bounce back when real games start, but he just looked slow and grumpy.

Eh, he started out like garbage last season too before picking it back up just in time for management to turn out the lights. No idea what he's thinking going into this year. I imagine he's quite grumpy though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:43 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Eh, he started out like garbage last season too before picking it back up just in time for management to turn out the lights. No idea what he's thinking going into this year. I imagine he's quite grumpy though.

He's looked pissed every time I've seen a shot of him since middle of last year. I keep hoping he demands a trade, just to piss off Ranger fans. :lol:

Kuhnackl waived. Kovar might be next, and has said he needs to learn a lot about the North American game. So he might even be willing to go to Bridgeport.
Gionta and Seidenberg are still with the team, on PTOs. Trotz said they are still around "as insurance".

Toews is still with the team too. But they need to cut 2 more guys to get to 23. Although Ladd may be headed to IR with his back issue.

It actually seems surprising now that the season starts on Thursday. Seems like last season was ages ago and it was a really long off-season. But it's just about over. Yay.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:20 am 
Big in Japan

Kovar indeed sent down.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:12 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Kovar indeed sent down.

Yep. Kovar and Toews sent down, Ladd to IR, and Kuhnhackl is still with the Isles.

Isles are having former US Gold medal winner AJ Mleczko as an analyst between periods for 20 games this year. Pretty cool.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:10 am 

This thread should go to rest now. A roller coaster ride of an off-season is finally coming to an end.

Recap sure to miss important details:
Lou brought in as Pres.
Fires Snow & Weight. Much rejoicing.
Hired Trotz, who was like 2 weeks removed from hoisting the Cup. Much rejoicing. Lots of "Trotz can do this with JT & Barzal!"
Great haul at the draft. Much rejoicing.
JT leaves. Many jerseys burned, lots of crying, etc.
De Haan leaves as well. Barely mentioned, but will have a huge impact on Isles already crappy D.
50 articles published about why JT left. Much venting.
Signings of Kuhnackl, Komarov, Kovar, trading for Matt Martin. Much "WTF"ing.
Earth orbits the sun like 10-11 times, JT releases article saying bye to Isles fans, and points out how he's always loved the Leafs, and how great it's going to be playing for them. More JT jerseys burned on video.
10 articles about changing the culture.
Predictions put Isles in basement. Players vow "us against the world" mentality.
Signing lots of guys for Bridgeport to make them a real AHL team for first time. Many comments that the Isles are a decent AHL team as well.
Lots of "at least we have Ho-Sang, Bellows and Toews" comments from fans.
Ho-Sang, Bellows and Toews sent down. More more "WTF"ing from fans.
50 more articles about why JT left. 50 more predictions of the Isles sucking, and 50 more saying the players are pumped to prove predictions wrong. Probably 50 more JT jerseys burned.
All along the way- fans argue if Lou's moves are in fact a culture change, or a full press in the Lose for Hughes, then debate the merits of each.

Did I miss anything?

But now it's all over, and actual games start.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6