OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:11 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Chris18 wrote:
Fuck you John Tavares!!! You asshole. Stop making us all wait before you say you're going to the Sharks.
But seriously, please stay with the Isles. Please? They've done everything right this off-season so far. And you said to not trade you.
So go fuck yourself if you're leaving!
But if you're not, dude, you're the best.
With a shovel if you're going. That's right, fuck yourself with a god damned shovel if you're leaving. Especially for the Leafs. Fuck them. And you.
But Isles fans have shown you nothing but love for 9 years now. How could you leave us?

Fucking fuck man, make an announcement. I actually looked at Twitter. :fffffuck:
:lol: Well at least your team has a bounty of energy and activity surrounding it. :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:47 pm 

"I am taking my talents to,.....San Jose." - JT

Just kidding but the clock is running out on New York. What's going on????

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:32 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Logical Progression wrote:
"I am taking my talents to,.....San Jose." - JT

Just kidding but the clock is running out on New York. What's going on????

I've seen so many fake tweets already.
But part of the problem I have with all of this is that he's not typically the type to want attention. So I think he's either racking his brain to come to a decision, OR he's already set to sign with another team and is trying to drag out the "sorry Isles fans" speech until most are obliterated and won't even care.

I've seen fake tweets (Fake EF, Fake Sharks, Fake Bruins, etc) and links to fake Players Tribune articles, etc. Friends have fallen for them and sent me "news" that was BS. Seriously JT- just make up your mind and put pen to ink, whoever the fuck it's with. Fans are starting to hate you. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:26 pm 

About 4:35 away from being back to the laughing stock of the league if JT walks for nothing.

Sign and trade?
8 year deal?
1 year max deal then an 8 year extension tomorrow?
Some fucking Announcement.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:57 pm 
Big in Japan

Ruh Roh...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:57 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Cinderella, the clock has struck twelve....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:16 pm 

Since they were negotiating with dickhead up until he finally let them know on SUNDAY fucking morning that they were out of the running, the Isles have missed out on top UFAs.

Hickey re-signed. Yay.
De Haan - who knows?

Isles are going to be full of kids this year. Wonder if they'll make the salary floor without taking on a cap mule.

From the greatest off-season in decades to a total shit show.This is so fucking Islanders.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:42 pm 

Oh my fucking god.
Komarov for 4 fucking years, $3 million/year.
Filppula for 1 or 2 years.

:suicide:

Sooooo. I guess Lou is all in for Hughes. Fuck this. Hockey sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:55 pm 
Big in Japan

Sorry, Chris. Not a fun day to be an Isle fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:49 am 

The first time the Leafs come to NY (whichever fucking arena it will be in), the Isles should do the right thing, and retire #91 for a real, true Islanders legend. It's about time Butch Goring had his name & number in the rafters alongside the other Islanders who won 4 Cups.
I think some other guy wore 91 at some point.

Anyone see JT's press conference? "The kid who won the Calder"??? You can't remember Barzal's name??? Give me a fucking break. JT is a huge douche bag. He handled this 100 different ways of WRONG.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:18 pm 

I always knew was a "team before individual" guy. Now he's got losing JT & Parise on his resume. Maybe JT is his fault, maybe it isn't. There's tons to discuss there. Some prick in the TO media will write a book on it, blaming the Isles all the way around no matter what the truth is.

Things going on in Islanders country now:
Lou keeps signing enough 4th liners to fill a whole fucking roster. his "successful" moves so far this off-season:

Komarov- 4 years, $12 million, with a fucking modified NTC (7 team list).
Filppula- 1 year, $2.75 million with a fucking NMC.
Kühnhackl- 1 year, $650k.

Now he traded ECHL goalie Eamon McAdam for Matt fucking Martin. I love Martin- as a person. As a hockey player, I was hoping he'd keep taking up space and salary on the fucking Leafs. Isles fans are flipping their fucking lids now, wondering if Lou is working for the Leafs still. I think that's ridiculous, but supposedly the Isles & Leafs are 2 of the last teams bidding for de Haan. Maybe he told them they were out so Lou figured fuck it, I need a warm body. Either way, that's a whole lotta grinders!

Now they just signed Robin Lehner. 1 year, $1.5 million. Pretty much the last ugly guy & last ugly girl at the dance said "you wanna?" "why not?". So Lehner gets a year to prove he's better than his numbers. Not sure the Isles D will help in that quest. Or offense. Or goalie partner. Goalie coach...

In short, what I'm basically saying is the Isles are in great shape for this season's slogan, Lose for Hughes!

Maybe they come in with an Us Against the World attitude and surprise some people. Maybe Lou actually pulls off a miracle trade and gets some D.
Wanker extraordinaire, BD Gallof, says Ledecky and Malkin are furious over JT leaving and are bound to pull off a huge move. He says they are totally in on Karlsson. Why the fuck would he want to go to the Isles??? They've got 1-2 decent lines, and then dog shit.

Lee-Barzal-Eberle
Nelson-Beauvillier-Bailey
Ladd-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Komarov-Filppula-Martin
Wild cards- Ho-Sang, Bellows, Wahlstrom? Rather see the latter develop properly.
Also have Kühnhackl and Ross Johnston, although I think Johnston is on a 2-way deal.

D
Leddy-Boychuk
Hickey-Pulock
Mayfield-Pelech
Toews? Van de Sompel? Rathgeb? Aho? Wotherspoon? Who the fuck knows. Karlsson. Baaa haaaaaa haaaaaaa. Like he wants to go from one flaming three ring shit show to another? Please.

G
Greiss & Lehner. They could be great, they could be stir fried dog shit. Only time will tell.

None of that makes me think playoffs, that's for sure.
I wish the NWHL played weekday games, so I could just immerse myself in that league instead of the NHL.
Although Lou is putting some money into Bridgeport. Getting a bunch of AHL vets for them. Guys who have won in the minors. That's something Snow & little Lamoriello never bothered to do. Of course, most of Lou's signing for the Isles belong on the Sound Tigers too, but that's another rant for another day. Or maybe today. Who gives a fuck?

The Isles went from their greatest off-season in decades to a shit show. Soooo fucking Islanders.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:27 am 
OTP Historian

Oh man. Sorry Chris :x

That Komarov contract...what in the actual fuck.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:09 am 
OTP Historian

From Justin Bourne, his Dad on Tavares:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:23 pm 

Sorry Chris - feel your pain. From a distance, didn't like the way the Tavares sweepstakes went down. He could have still gone to the Leafs and done the Isles solid. The optics look bad and he comes out looking like just another selfish pro athlete.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:57 am 

Bosc wrote:
From Justin Bourne, his Dad on Tavares:

I just see the word "image" twice. I'm probably better off. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:37 am 

Logical Progression wrote:
Sorry Chris - feel your pain. From a distance, didn't like the way the Tavares sweepstakes went down. He could have still gone to the Leafs and done the Isles solid. The optics look bad and he comes out looking like just another selfish pro athlete.

He comes off as the biggest douche bag ever.
He had a call with NY reporters. He started by thanking them for always treating him kindly and with respect (way to set the tone of the call). So a bunch started congratulating him. 80 year old Stan Fischler was having none of it. He's got zero fucks to give. He asked how JT could possibly take so long to decide and why he didn't do a sign and trade so the Isles would get something in return. Canned answer on how tough a decision it was. No mention of the Isles. Fischler spoke to some remaining Islanders. He says the players had no idea Johnny Pajamas was leaving. Most were shocked, some in total disbelief. Fischler told them some Isles fans are burning their #91 jerseys. One said "don't blame them." So obviously they didn't expect him to leave either, which tells you how he acted around them.
He had an interview in TO the other day in which he was asked why he didn't do a sign & trade (as I've said- he could have gotten 8 years and the Isles could have gotten something for him). He said he didn't want to weaken the org he was going to by having them trade away assets. If you're a Leaf fan, I guess you love that kind of dedication. If you're an Isles fan, you look at it like he's a huge, lying scumbag who says all the right things, while twisting an imaginary mustache and tying someone to train tracks.

Lou and Trotz have both been giving lots of interviews. Both said they're disappointed to see him leave, but that they'll move on and have a plan of attack. Lou said he knows fans aren't thrilled with the situation and asked for patience, as they're changing the culture first, then will move on to the play. Lou was quick to point out how much Martin loved the Islanders, and how happy he is to be returning. Lou gave a few backhand shots at JT, saying these guys want to be here, and aren't interested in personal gains- just the team. They want to build a TEAM, not a group of individuals. Trotz said he knew the Isles goals against last year were bad but didn't realize it was the highest in 10 years. But he smiled and said "that's easy to fix. It's team defense. We're going to play solid team defense. And everyone is going to be committed to playing hard for the team." So clearly they've begun the "us vs the world" slogans and brain washing. Trotz said that he's met with all roster players & some he expects to be on the roster soon to tell them what he expects from them, etc. He sounds like he really likes Ho-Sang, which I found surprising. Trotz also said when the JT news broke a bunch of the players texted him that they're going to miss him, but they'll get over it by concentrating more as a team. I wonder if some of the Isles who have been dragging their feet (Nelson!) will break out with JT gone because they're no longer sitting back waiting for him to get the big goal. I can hope anyway, right?

Supposedly Jack Capuano called this 2 years ago after meeting JT's girlfriend. He said she seemed to hate Long Island and all she talked about was how great Toronto is.
JT was asked why he didn't request a trade at the deadline. He said Snow told him he wasn't going to trade him "and I respected that". WTF does that mean? The rumor in NY since January was that Snow asked if he SHOULD trade JT and JT said no. If that's BS, then JT should refute it. Sounds like it's true, so he really fucked the Isles over. And himself- he could have had 8 years with the Leafs. He also even fucked his agent by taking 1 less year, and $14 million less on the contract (Isles offer was 8 years at $11.375, Leafs was 7 at $11). Maybe the Cap will sky rocket by then and he'll make more that 8th year.

Supposedly his contract is written so he gets paid even if there's a lockout. Is that possible? Sounds like a really moronic thing for owners to do if it's true. No idea how that would work. And if true, it's a pretty big FU to lower end players in the NHLPA who certainly won't get such clauses.

It's going to hurt any time you lose a point/game player. The way he left, after all the things he'd always said, make it far worse. Isles fans hate JT on a level with Dale Hunter & far more than Kirk Muller. Yes, there are some idiots burning jerseys. That's a shame. I'm looking into getting "GORING" name plates for my kids' #91 jerseys. Sure, they have Cs on the front and Goring was never a Captain, but that's still not as disingenuous as Captain Pajamas, so who gives a fuck? I'd rather they have jersey fouls than see that dick's name.

Isles fans are clambering for various promotions the first time the Leafs come to NY. Some want #91 retired that night- for Butch Goring. I can't see him going through with that. Others want it to be Islanders Pajama night. I think that's hysterical. There are already lots of ideas of what to do if (more like WHEN) the Isles play some sort of tribute video. Some want to boo. Others want to walk out en masse. Some want it to be clips of him saying how he wants to be an Islander for life... I'm sure they'll do a video, and Islander fans will boo the whole thing. The week before JT will give some sappy statements about how he wished it went down differently and how he loved Long Island. The press will forgive him as will some fans. Others will make an even bigger deal and do moronic things like burn Canadian flags, and look like total assholes in front of the whole hockey world.

But hey. Matt Martin is psyched to be an Islander again!

And Lou is signing veteran AHLers for Bridgeport to change morale down there. I think that's really important and has been totally neglected since that team first existed. Change the culture in both places, so kids have a winning attitude when they're brought up. I like it.

And Trotz said the NHL is getting younger and faster, so look forward to seeing kids playing a lot (said 2 days after signing a bunch of slow, old guys). But at least he knows it and it sounds like Ho-Sang and co will get a chance to show they belong or won't ever make it. But at least they won't just be buried because of their age. Trotz also said Bellows can score, so maybe he gets a real chance to make it or is the first call up. Hopefully these kids get the chance to bury the recent signings in the press box!

Lou & Trotz also both said they know it's a mini-rebuild, but it should be a very quick one. So as usual, it's wait and see what really happens. At this point, Isles fans don't really give a fuck about lip service. We want hockey with results.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:20 am 
Big in Japan

The truth is the Isles never won or had a long playoff with JT. If given enough time Lou and Trotz might build a winner. In the long run this might work out for everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:03 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Supposedly his contract is written so he gets paid even if there's a lockout. Is that possible? Sounds like a really moronic thing for owners to do if it's true. No idea how that would work. And if true, it's a pretty big FU to lower end players in the NHLPA who certainly won't get such clauses.

The David Clarkson special. It's not a clause. Pretty much all of the money is paid in signing bonuses, which is guaranteed to be paid as opposed to salary in the event of the lockout, and is paid in full on a buyout(rendering a buyout pointless). Also makes him easier to move in the event of needing a trade.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:55 pm 

E.L. wrote:
The truth is the Isles never won or had a long playoff with JT. If given enough time Lou and Trotz might build a winner. In the long run this might work out for everyone.

Agreed, Snow didn't go a good enough getting/keeping supporting players. But now they have a GM willing/able to do it, and a legit NHL coach, and dickhead leaves.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:36 pm 

Forgot to mention that Brock Nelson has filed for arbitration. Only Isle to do so.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next