OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:32 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 6660
And after Halak was so good vs the Rangers, he sucked donkey against the Wild today. They blew a 2-1 lead to lose 5-3. Horrible change on the Matt Cullen goal that left the Wild open for a 2 on 0 break. That's shit peewees do.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:02 am 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 6660
Isles in Toronto tonight. JT in TO a few days before the deadline. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I have a feeling the NHL did this to create a huge buzz. Dicks.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:13 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 9278
Location: 'Real City
Interesting article in the Athletic (I subscribe, it's good!) where they asked Okposo, Subban, Nielsen, Streit and Colin McDonald -- all friends of JT -- about what the captain might be thinking this offseason. They really make it sound like his goal is to stay because he likes being the big dog in that market, but Nielsen also said he had a 7-year offer in hand from Snow and was planning to sign it but it came just before the start of free agency after he decided to explore. The rest is history and Frans could see it happening to JT: he just gets an offer that blows him away.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:01 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 6660
E.L. wrote:
Interesting article in the Athletic (I subscribe, it's good!) where they asked Okposo, Subban, Nielsen, Streit and Colin McDonald -- all friends of JT -- about what the captain might be thinking this offseason. They really make it sound like his goal is to stay because he likes being the big dog in that market, but Nielsen also said he had a 7-year offer in hand from Snow and was planning to sign it but it came just before the start of free agency after he decided to explore. The rest is history and Frans could see it happening to JT: he just gets an offer that blows him away.


Understood but it's been widely said that Snow was totally banking on Stamkos that off-season, which is why he waited so long to give an offer to Nielsen, who was pissed that he hadn't heard from them yet, so he decided to test the waters and liked what he was offered by Detroit..

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:35 am 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 6660
Blew a 3-2 lead in the third to lose 4-3 in the SO. Gift of a goal off Leddy's leg to tie it late in the third. No goals in the shootout. This team is going backwards, fast. Tavares looked annoyed all game from what I could see. Barzal with a goal and 2 assists, and now LEADS THE ISLANDERS IN POINTS. 17 goals, 48 assists. Should he be the first line center??? Or should he be benched for a bad pass now and then?

Some Isles fans claim Tavares was rude at a recent season ticket holder event. Maybe he's sick of hearing that some fans want him traded! Or maybe it's bullshit from those fans who want him traded.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:50 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 6660
Isles blow a 1-0 lead in the third to lose 2-1 to the Devils. Both Devils goals by Palmieri. Eberle scored for the Isles, assisted by Beauvillier and Barzal. That is the Isles top line. Tavares looks totally lost. Maybe he's sick or hurt but he looks totally out of sorts. Has for weeks.

Isles sent a 3rd round pick to Edmonton for Brandon Davidson, who was waived earlier in the year by Montreal. He's a 26 year old journeyman, who is certainly not the D they were looking for or need. This team is fucked. Again.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:26 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 6660
Isles trades- getting Brandon Davidson from Edmonton for a 3rd round pick. The other was swapping Jason Chimera for Chris Wagner from Anaheim. I hear Wagner is a really gritty 4th liner. Chimera has been in the press box for the past week or so, because he's got a case of being old. He was pretty good last year, but has been a serious liability this year. Maybe Wagner will help out. They've needed another center, since Brock Nelson sucks at center. Maybe they move Cizikas up to 3rd line and put Wagner on 4th.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:10 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 9278
Location: 'Real City
Quote:
@StapeAthletic

We may fight a lot on here, #Isles fans, but days like today — team struggling, no big moves and your arena hosts want you out — make me genuinely sympathetic. This ain’t fun.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:36 am 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 6660
E.L. wrote:
Quote:
@StapeAthletic

We may fight a lot on here, #Isles fans, but days like today — team struggling, no big moves and your arena hosts want you out — make me genuinely sympathetic. This ain’t fun.


Haha. Brilliant.

And I forgot- Barclays guy Brett Yormark was interviewed about what's going wrong with the Isles in Brooklyn. Says Barclays didn't understand just how rooted the fanbase was in Long Island. When asked if the new arena will work out for them he said IF it happens he wishes them luck. Guy is a Class A douche bag.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:14 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 6660
Isles @ Habs tonight. In a few days, Habs at Isles. Totally underwhelming home/home with 2 awful teams. Fuck the NHL. Or at least these 2 teams.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:58 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 9278
Location: 'Real City
Chris18 wrote:
Isles @ Habs tonight. In a few days, Habs at Isles. Totally underwhelming home/home with 2 awful teams. Fuck the NHL. Or at least these 2 teams.


Tavares had to answer a bunch of "hey, wouldn't you like to play for the Habs" questions in the media scrum this morning. Needless to say he deflected them all.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9167
E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Isles @ Habs tonight. In a few days, Habs at Isles. Totally underwhelming home/home with 2 awful teams. Fuck the NHL. Or at least these 2 teams.


Tavares had to answer a bunch of "hey, wouldn't you like to play for the Habs" questions in the media scrum this morning. Needless to say he deflected them all.


Hey....hey guyz. Know what'll make him want to come to play for our team? Keep asking him continuously if he wants to. Rephrase the question sometimes to see if he gives a different answer. That'll make him want to come here for sure!

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 6660
Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Isles @ Habs tonight. In a few days, Habs at Isles. Totally underwhelming home/home with 2 awful teams. Fuck the NHL. Or at least these 2 teams.


Tavares had to answer a bunch of "hey, wouldn't you like to play for the Habs" questions in the media scrum this morning. Needless to say he deflected them all.


Hey....hey guyz. Know what'll make him want to come to play for our team? Keep asking him continuously if he wants to. Rephrase the question sometimes to see if he gives a different answer. That'll make him want to come here for sure!


Seriously. I know the media need to sell papers or clicks, but can't they just accept that players can't discuss this shit and try different things to drum up news? Say how well he would fit with this player or their system. I'd like to see the press included in tampering charges. That would be amusing to watch. I know it will never happen. But peppering a guy with questions like that has to get old to them.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9167
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Isles @ Habs tonight. In a few days, Habs at Isles. Totally underwhelming home/home with 2 awful teams. Fuck the NHL. Or at least these 2 teams.


Tavares had to answer a bunch of "hey, wouldn't you like to play for the Habs" questions in the media scrum this morning. Needless to say he deflected them all.


Hey....hey guyz. Know what'll make him want to come to play for our team? Keep asking him continuously if he wants to. Rephrase the question sometimes to see if he gives a different answer. That'll make him want to come here for sure!


Seriously. I know the media need to sell papers or clicks, but can't they just accept that players can't discuss this shit and try different things to drum up news? Say how well he would fit with this player or their system. I'd like to see the press included in tampering charges. That would be amusing to watch. I know it will never happen. But peppering a guy with questions like that has to get old to them.


In the past I've gotten the impression that the Montreal media always thought that they owned/should be running the team so you could probably chargew them with tampering. Not sure how accurate that assessment still is...EL?

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:47 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 6660
:laap:

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:23 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 9278
Location: 'Real City
Yes, the media still thinks they have a lot of sway in Montreal. They might, honestly. How complicit were they in the damaged relationships between the org and Pacioretty, Subban, Roy etc.?

The Habs have about 13-14M AAV they can offer JT, which is about the only way he'll come.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:55 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 9278
Location: 'Real City
Lottery-bound Habs beat the Isles last night. That Barzal goal was sweet though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:58 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 6660
E.L. wrote:
Lottery-bound Habs beat the Isles last night. That Barzal goal was sweet though.


I missed the game. Glad I did. Isles need 30 points in 18 games to make the playoffs. :haha: Not happening.

I said to a friend that I'd be fine with the Isles missing the playoffs if the US women won gold. It looks like I'll be putting that to the test.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:44 am 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 19470
Sorry dude, I think they're done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:05 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 19470
Christopher Gibson is not your typical Finnish name.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group