OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017-18 schedule
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:52 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
Sorry dude, I think they're done.

I know they're done. Two straight losses to the Habs, OT losses to the Penguins and Canucks.
But hey, the Yankees start soon! lol

I'm going to a CT Whale NWHL game this weekend. Hoping they can catch lightning in a bottle and advance in their playoffs soon. Game we're going to is their last regular season home game. My older daughter met a few of the players, which is really cool. Great hockey role models for her, which is exactly what this league is great for.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:51 am 
King of the One-Liner

The good news is if they continue to lay an egg this bad the rest of the way you may see some major change at the top.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:19 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
The good news is if they continue to lay an egg this bad the rest of the way you may see some major change at the top.

And get 2 high draft picks with Calgary not doing too well either.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:31 pm 
Big in Japan

The only concern right now is JT and all the vultures opening up cap room ready to pounce.

Habs, Rangers, Blues, Sharks, Wings, Sabres are all skulking around. Devils, Jackets and Flyers could all conceivably move cap space. Maybe the Canes think it's time to make a splash? Who's going to pay the max 15M or so?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 am 

E.L. wrote:
The only concern right now is JT and all the vultures opening up cap room ready to pounce.

Habs, Rangers, Blues, Sharks, Wings, Sabres are all skulking around. Devils, Jackets and Flyers could all conceivably move cap space. Maybe the Canes think it's time to make a splash? Who's going to pay the max 15M or so?

I doubt the Isles will go that high. They're just too, Islanders. And his recent slump isn't helping! Fans are getting on him, saying they should move him after the season, before he hits UFA. :chairshot: Others saying Snow should be fired before he has the chance to do something that stupid. It's a shit show all around. But, that is also very Islanders.

Another game, another single point. Chris Gibson looks pretty good in net, on paper anyway. 2-1 SO loss to the Oilers. I didn't see the game since I didn't have cable or internet. Wonderful week of Nor'Easters.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:40 am 

Isles with another day off in western Canada. They play the Flames tomorrow. They've gone 8 games without winning. That's a good playoff push for ya! 8 points out of a playoff spot. How sad is that? 14 games left. I don't know if this convinces JT to walk, but he's been a big part of this slump. I think he has 1 point in his last 11 games if I heard correctly the other night. He's playing like a guy who wants Isles fans to forget him or boo him, so he can move on more easily. I don't think he'd consciously plan that, but either his subconscious is at work, or he feels guilty about a decision to move on. Or he's looking around like "I've secretly given a handshake deal to stick around with these losers??? WTF was I thinking?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:40 am 

Isles with a 5-2 win over the Flames, which helps them a ton, because they've got Calgary's 1st round pick this year thanks to the Hamonic trade. Chris Gibson with 50 saves! He's currently got a 0.957 save %, compared to Halak's 0.908 and Greiss' 0.891. I don't think Gibson is the goalie of the Isles future but he's better than either other option right now.

Isles vs Caps next. There's a loss.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:54 am 

I can't be bothered with links, but Clutterbuck was quoted saying something along the lines that he's been on non-playoff bound teams in the past where they all knew they wouldn't do anything in the playoffs anyway, but this team is different, and they know they could do some damage in the playoffs, if they could just get there. No shit, Sherlock!

Super genius Doug Weight said the 8 game winless streak was "catastrophic. There's no ands, ifs or buts about it." And fans are now lambasting him for being so dumb that he can't even get a common cliche correct. Some are saying even Capuano is smarter. That's some serious shit right there.

My hope is that Joel Quenneville is fired from the Blackhawks job and the Isles hire him to replace Weight. I know that's highly unlikely, but I can hope. Can't I?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:21 am 

Home/home vs the Caps starting tonight. Could also call it a loss/loss. Maybe 1 OT/SO loss, but this will likely seal their slim playoff hopes, burn the bridge and piss on the ashes. Yep, I'm very optimistic! Then Tavares will tell everyone Snow never bothered to contact him about a new contract and he'll split for Tampa. Or better yet, the Rangers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:32 pm 

And Chris Gibson's Cinderella story is over. 5 goals against in half a game. Isles whooped by the Caps. Which is who they play next, again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:16 pm 

7-3 loss to the Caps one night, 6-3 the next. Hey, that's huge fucking progress for this team!

Fucking fuck, this team sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:59 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Chris18 wrote:
7-3 loss to the Caps one night, 6-3 the next. Hey, that's huge fucking progress for this team!

Fucking fuck, this team sucks.
Feel your pain brother.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:34 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Well if this isn't a sign...

https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/statu ... 8686786565

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:55 pm 
Big in Japan

Pierre McGuire all but said JTs staying. Said it's basically Stamkos 2.0.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:48 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Pierre McGuire all but said JTs staying. Said it's basically Stamkos 2.0.

His statements all along have had me feeling that way, but because it's the Isles, I will believe it after I read it- from at least 3 trustworthy sources.

And while I've been away, they shit the bed vs Carolina, losing 4-3. JT with 3 assists, so hooray, he's at least gotten some points!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:51 pm 

Isles beat the Formal Chickens, 4-1. Barzal's 20th goal and he added an assist. Tavares with 2 assists. They're still tied for the team lead with 75 points in 73 games. Gibson with 1 goal allowed on 37 shots. Nice to see them giving him a real shot with no hope of getting into the playoffs and Halak being a UFA who obviously isn't being brought back. I don't think Gibson is an NHL starter, but maybe they can move Greiss in the offseason and have Gibson be the backup? I don't know. I can't see Greiss and Gibson getting them very far next year. Greiss has just forgotten how to stop pucks. I didn't realize until just now that Gibson is a UFA after this season. Thought he was younger. So Halak & Gibson are likely both gone after this year. So maybe they're letting Gibson show the league what he's got. The other Bridgeport goalie, Kristers Gudlevskis, is also a UFA. Snow has a bunch of goalies to sign, one way or another. With only Greiss being under contract for the NHL & AHL, they're screwed. I'm sure I've said this before, but I can't believe a former goalie puts such a low priority on the position he played.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:29 pm 

Tanks a lot to the D and goalie! Isles lose 7-6 to Tampa, "raising" their draft standing.

Rumors from inside the org- Snow & Weight are safe as houses. If they fired them, it would also mean cleaning out Weight's broom closet of former Oiler buddies, which would mean eating like 6 coach contracts. So everyone expects all the dipshits currently running the team into the ground to continue to "lead" them next year. Fucking wonderful. Because this is all going so well!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:29 pm 
Big in Japan

TSN's Gord Miller created a frenzy this week by saying on Montreal sports radio that he thought Tavares was 60-40 leaving and that Montreal was the favourite landing spot. A few media people quickly stepped up and said Tavares has no interest in playing in a hockey-insane Canadian market.

Either way, this story keeps going.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:50 am 

E.L. wrote:
TSN's Gord Miller created a frenzy this week by saying on Montreal sports radio that he thought Tavares was 60-40 leaving and that Montreal was the favourite landing spot. A few media people quickly stepped up and said Tavares has no interest in playing in a hockey-insane Canadian market.

Either way, this story keeps going.

It will keep going until days after he signs. There will be "how _____ just missed signing JT", "Should JT be piss tested for staying with the Isles?", "Snow must have lots of video of JT doing horrible things for him to stay with the Isles", "This is why Ledecky has kept Snow", "Snow should still be fired", "JT is going to help bring in UFAs now"..........

Last night the Isles blew dead bears and a lead vs the Leafs. Chris Gibson looked good in net for a while, then the Isles D were like "hey this kid is pretty good. Let's leave guys wide fucking open in front of him and see how he does? Ohhh, Mathews scored on him. He's not that good. Funny how none of our goalies can stop superstars who are wide open in front of them."

Devils today. Devils need points. Isles need to lose, but want personal stats. Fuck personal stats. Tankers Away!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:06 pm 
King of the One-Liner

The TSN broadcast was having a chuckle showing a few times JVR and is 30-something goals was completely uncovered out front.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next