All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GDT: HALak 9000
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:38 pm 
Big in Japan

Gameday thread a day early.

Post subject: Re: GDT: HALak 9000
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:50 pm 
Big in Japan

Habs win off a Weber rocket. 6-0-1 to start. Best start since...last season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:15 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I missed the game due to work. :roll: Had to drive a total of 12 hours for 2 hours of field work, and got home right after it ended. My wife said the Isles looked shitty & only showed up to 1 period, as the Isles will do under Capuano. I know they're 3-4, and could be much worse, but I almost want them to tank now & get him fired, rather than continue to be this middling .500 bullshit team. Someone needs to light a fire under these young fucks, and Capuano's not going to do it. Ladd was brought in to be the "ass kicker" they thought they needed, but he should kick his own ass right now for having one feeble assist on an empty net goal after 7 fucking games. 6.9 more years of this guy? Holy fuck. Shave the beard dude, it's not going to be valid for the playoffs because you're not making them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:40 am 
Big in Japan

Missed it too. But whenever Weber does anything, I get a deluge of pollyannas on Twitter thanking the moon and stars that he's here and PK isn't.

It's basically Clinton/Trump but for analytics/non-analytics.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:26 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I heard during the game Cap swapped out Ladd for Beauvillier, bumping Ladd down to the 4th line. Yikes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:32 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Missed it too. But whenever Weber does anything, I get a deluge of pollyannas on Twitter thanking the moon and stars that he's here and PK isn't.

:lol:

Av-merican wrote:
I heard during the game Cap swapped out Ladd for Beauvillier, bumping Ladd down to the 4th line. Yikes.

Yep! He's got 1 assist through 7 games. And that was on an empty netter. He looks totally lost. Meanwhile, Parenteau has 2G & 1A through 6 for the Devils. Snow should be egged for that move. WTF was he thinking? Parenteau isn't great but he's better than 1/2 the Isles forwards, was cheap, and really wanted to play with Tavares to recapture the chemistry they had previously. Obviously Ladd & Tavares don't have any fucking chemistry after 7 games. Both are suffering for it. Beauvillier is playing really well for a rookie. Can he keep it up all year? Time will tell. Barzal looks lost. I don't expect him to make it beyond the 9 games, even if he makes it that far. That said, given his moves lately, Snow will probably opt to keep Barzal and send Beauvillier back to junior. I'm expecting to see Steve Bernier called up and play with Tavares soon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:30 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

E.L. wrote:

Ugh the guys on NHL tonight were also talking about how smart Bergevin looks while Nashville was getting blown out. Weber is a stud for sure but way too early to start victory lapping about this trade.