OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:52 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Ledecky is looking high and low for a big name executive: http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnist ... 1.12700729

Quote:
@FriedgeHNIC
1/ Further to @StapeNewsday story about Jonathan Ledecky's search for information, sounds like Mike Gillis on list of people to talk to...

Yeah. Gillis. Yeesh. He's also talked to LaFontaine, who I can't believe would look into such a job again. He had 40 days with the Isles and about 90 with the Sabers. Could he make it to 150 days at a job??? :lol:

Good news and bad news: Isles have 9 out of their last 10 possible points. yet are still dead last in the east. Talk about burying themselves early on! Tavares was asked how he feels about 9/10 points. He said it means they still have a lot of work to do. Glad he sees it!

Great to see Mayfield get his first NHL goal while filling in for Boychuk (flu). Mayfield had a morning skate in Bridgeport, and got a call around 11 that he was back on the Isles for a game vs the 1st place Rangers. He responded by scoring the first goal on a nice slapper and had a few nice hits.
Chim-Chiminey-Chimera had another "I should buy a lottery ticket tonight" shot go off his leg and in for his 3rd goal in 4 games.
Ladd with a nice rebound for his whopping 3rd of the year (eventual game winner).
Tavares with a nice wrister for an actual PP goal! This was amazing, not only because the Isles PP has sucked all year (several years), but also because the Rangers weren't called for shit during this game. They had 7 on the ice at one point and didn't get called. Isles had a too-many call happen by the linesman after the next whistle in comparison. Hickey got called for knocking down Chris "I'm so strong I don't know how to stop and run goalies over" Kreider in front of the net in the last 90 seconds of the game, to give the Rangers a 6-3 PP (with empty net). Isles killed it.

Blues on Thursday. Weird how some teams follow a similar schedule year to year. The Isles & Blues played right around this time 2 years ago, because we took my daughter for her birthday & saw the Isles blow a 3-0 lead and lose 6-3 vs the Blues. Fuckers. Here's to another 2 points, and maybe, maybe being able to jump up a spot in the standings!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:16 pm 

Isles vs Blues tonight. Isles get a real home ice advantage- Blues hit so much traffic on their way to the morning skate, they canceled practice and turned around. :haha:

Gettin' ta Barcalys fuh practice? Fuhgettaboutit!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:42 am 

11/12 possible points in last 6 games. Lee with 2 goals vs the Blues, and Tavares with a ridiculous goal after being held by Bouwmeester, bringing his stick around his back to keep possession. I had to watch it 3 times before I really understood what he did. :lol:

Finally over .500, but still 6 points out of a playoff spot.

Blue Jackets on Saturday.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:34 pm 
Big in Japan

5 year extension for Clutterbuck. Bad idea.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:56 pm 

E.L. wrote:
5 year extension for Clutterbuck. Bad idea.

Especially at $3.5 million/year!!!

Snow should grow a big beard & get a camo tuxedo, because he's like a smart white trash guy gone nouveau riche, ala Duck Dynasty. When he had no money to work with, he was good at buying a rusted out Suburban, only to find it had a Corvette engine. Now that he's spending to the Cap, he's over spending on Suburbans with flame paint jobs, etc.

I love Clutterbuck & Cizikas, but think they're seriously overpaying for them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:18 pm 

Isles went into the 3rd tied 2-2 with the Blue Jackets, only to lose 6-2. Halak seemed to pull himself from the game after the 6th goal. He just stood up, and skated straight to the dressing room. So JF Berube finally got some ice time!!! :lol: Literally his first game minutes of the season.
After the game Tortorella said he's a fan of Capuano. Of course he is. They're division rivals and Torts pretty much owns him. Why would he want Capuano fired?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:21 pm 
Big in Japan

The Jackets are the hottest team in hockey. And the rest of the division is streaking too.

Quote:
Tom Gulitti ‏@TomGulittiNHL 3h3 hours ago
The top 5 teams in the Metro went 17-1-0 last week and are all in the top 7 in overall standings.

https://www.nhl.com/news/metropolitan-d ... =277548856

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:55 pm 

E.L. wrote:
The Jackets are the hottest team in hockey. And the rest of the division is streaking too.

Quote:
Tom Gulitti ‏@TomGulittiNHL 3h3 hours ago
The top 5 teams in the Metro went 17-1-0 last week and are all in the top 7 in overall standings.

https://www.nhl.com/news/metropolitan-d ... =277548856

I know. But the Isles were 5-0-1 in their previous 6, and making me a believer. And it's one thing to lose in the 3rd, but to give up 4 goals? That sucks donkey.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:09 am 

Goodbye .500. Hello again sucking.

Isles lose 4-2 to the Caps. Cizikas had a really scary moment with he was down on the ice & got cut by Lee's skate on the wrist. He missed most of the first while they checked him out to make sure nothing major was cut, and then he was back with some stitches. He got an assist on Kulemin's goal in the 3rd, which tied it at the time. Then the wheels fell off. Hamonic got called for tripping with 3:13 left and the Caps leading 3-2. Pretty lame call. Hamonic was in position and Winnik skated into him and fell. Hamonic sure made no effort to move his foot, but why should he? He had positioning. I guess it could have been interference anyway. But the Caps scored on the PP, and this season is back to sucking ass. I hear Nolan Patrick has a concussion. Hope he heals well! Isles have a shot at landing him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:40 pm 

It gets a lot easier tonight when the Isles face the Blackhawks. :roll:
I'll just chalk it up as a loss now and not bother watching.

They get to see their old buddy Okposo tomorrow night. I'm sure he'll have plenty to show the Isles. Like his goal & point totals. And his ass. He should moon Capuano & Snow, and tell them to pucker up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:41 pm 

Surprising score vs the Blackhawks, but not the overall result. 5-4 regulation loss, giving it up in the 3rd period.
PP is dead last in the league at 12.2%. Yet, Doug Weight is considered the next coach if/when Capuano is fired. How the fuck can that be?

Anyway. I hope Okposo has a hat trick & beats the hell out of Ladd. Or Chimera. Or both.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:19 pm 

OT loss to the Sabers, with Okposo making a nice move in OT to freeze the Isles D and he got it back to the D for the winner. Isles once again blew a 3rd period lead to lose. Sweet. Hamonic stayed on the bench to watch the Sabers celebrate, which I found really odd. Maybe he was thinking "Buffalo is pretty close to Winnipeg. Maybe I should ask to be traded here. They look like good guys." And no, he wasn't on the ice when Buffalo scored.

Then they sucked neutered dog balls vs Ottawa on Sunday, losing 6-2. After going 5-0-1, they have gone 0-4-1, and are still dead fucking last in the East. By 3 points. 13 points out of a playoff spot. But Garth Snow met with season ticket holders and said no changes are coming, that he's got confidence in the coaches and players, adding the players all believe in each other. I know this is simply lip service, but how the fuck could anyone believe that without wearing a helmet 24/7? The team sucks, the coaches suck, and this season is totally blown. After taking a nice step forward last year, they've basically moonwalked their way back to mid-90s form, aka, performing donkey shows. On ice. Bad Barclays Center ice. Screw these guys. With a shovel.

Oh- Berube got his 2nd start of the season in the Ottawa game. 5 goals against. Nice job kid. Way to show you're worth keeping around, in place of a 7th defender.

I don't even watch the games anymore. My kid yelled to me that they had a 2-1 lead in the third vs Buffalo. I called back "they'll lose in the last minute or OT". I should have bet something.

They play someone else, sometime relatively soon. They'll lose that one too. And no changes will be made. Except that I can't be bothered watching.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:32 am 

Barzal named one of Canada's WJC team captains. Yay for him. He should replace about half the Isles high paid players.

Isles at Boston tonight. I'm still waiting for the fire sale and firing. Either way, I want fire.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:30 am 

Isles beat Bruins 4-2, thanks partially to an early Christmas gift from Rask, who collided with a Bruins D-man behind their net allowing Lee to put a wrap-around into an empty net. Rask was pulled and after the game said he wishes a Merry Christmas to the Isles. :lol: At least he's got a sense of humor about it.

Isles have signed Stephen Gionta to a 2-way deal and called him up. :wtf: Apparently Tavares hurt his arm/wrist in the Boston game and may take Friday's game vs Buffalo off to heal it. He didn't practice Wednesday and isn't expected to on Thursday. :fffffuck: Fuck this season.

Friday vs Buffalo is Ralph Macchio bobblehead night. Hopefully Snow & Capuano get crane kicked out of the building after the game, never to return again. Actually no. I'd like Capuano to "coach" another Metro team.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:14 am 

Somehow they beat Buffalo 5-1, with 5 players getting goals. Including Ladd. Start the fucking parade!
All it did was pull them up into a tie for last with Buffalo. 12 points out of a playoff spot after 33 games played. To reach the usual 96 point playoff necessity they'll need to win 32 of their remaining 49 games. A mere 0.653% pace. :lol: Yeah, let me put some money on that... Here's a penny. I'd probably get back $5 with the odds.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:37 pm 
Big in Japan

Any other division they'd still be in it. Too bad they're in the one where Lumbus just went 25-3 or so.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:50 am 

E.L. wrote:
Any other division they'd still be in it. Too bad they're in the one where Lumbus just went 25-3 or so.

Yeah. They just blow too many damn leads. Or, to edit, they just blow.

Caps tonight. Can they start a run of 64 points in 49 games? They'll need a Lumbus-like run to have any shot at the playoffs. And will have to do it mostly on the road. That may be good for them. Who knows?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:09 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I read Ho-Sang is getting scratched in Bridgeport. I also read the preseason kerfluffle regarding oversleeping for practice or team meeting or whatever was not the first time he screwed up in camp. Kid's crazy-talented but man...he already looks like a big-time headcase.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:49 am 

Av-merican wrote:
I read Ho-Sang is getting scratched in Bridgeport. I also read the preseason kerfluffle regarding oversleeping for practice or team meeting or whatever was not the first time he screwed up in camp. Kid's crazy-talented but man...he already looks like a big-time headcase.

He was told to skate in straight lines, up & down the ice, instead of you know, being creative, and weaving to create time & space. The Islanders system, which has destroyed so many talented prospects, is at it again. They're going to Bailey/Strome Ho-Sang if it's the last thing they do! Creativity? Fuck that! Skate up and down like you're a poorly coached peewee!
He was back in the lineup last night & had a goal and great assist on the OT winner. They'll probably bench him for that. It wasn't "gritty". They want an entire organization of grinders.

Anyway. Isles have won 3 straight and still share the basement apartment with the Sabers & Red Wings, although their beds are up on bricks, while the Devils are 1 point below, sleeping on the floor. Isles play the Wild tonight, who have won 11 straight. Someone's streak is going to end.

Tavares has been on the PK with Cizikas out (UBI). To the surprise of nobody but the organization, he's good. Note: JOHN TAVARES IS GOOD AT THE HOCKEY STUFF.

Side note that has little to do with actual hockey. I bought the Isles "Pucks & Paws" calendar for Christmas. The photos are so awesomely amateur! They didn't crop photos to center the players & dogs, the backgrounds are all random. They didn't use the photo of Cizikas with the puppy in his sweater, which was used in all the ads for it... It's like a high school yearbook. My wife (a photographer) was so pissed at it. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:02 pm 
Big in Japan

Halak on waivers!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next