OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:17 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

4-2 Isles win, but Boston & Tampa both won. Blah. Lee with his 30th & 31st. Ho-Sang with his 4th and Clutterbuck with his 5th? Man he is really missing Matt Martin.

Tuesday at Nashville.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:14 pm 

I missed most of this one, but somehow Hickey wound up playing forward, while they had 6 D. ??? After the game Weight said he was about to yell at assistant coach Cronin for putting Hickey on as a forward in OT, when Hickey scored. :lol: Hickey has 4 goals this year, and 2 are OT winners.

Isles still slightly alive in playoff hunt. Their tragic number is 2, so there's no wiggle room. At all. But hey, if you told me in December that they'd be playing meaningful games in April I'd have suggested you get your piss tested.

Carolina Thursday. That will probably end their season, since they don't play those fuckers well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:19 am 

Isles win 3-0 vs 'Canes, while the Leafs lost 4-1 to Tampa, prolonging the inevitable another day. Senators clinched vs Bruins.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:19 am 
Big in Japan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:00 pm 

:laap: Yep. 7.4% according to sportsclubstats.com. Leafs with 88.5%, Tampa with 4.2%.

Leafs with 93 points, 38 ROW
Isles with 90 points, 37 ROW
Bolts with 90 points, 36 ROW

All teams with 2 games remaining.

Tampa at Montreal tonight.

Saturday
Isles at Devils 6 PM
Pens at Leafs 7 PM

Sunday
Tampa at Sabres 5 PM
Sens at Isles 5 PM
CBJ at Leafs 6 PM

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:45 am 

Isles did their part in the last 5 games, but the Leafs weren't going to have a total collapse. Isles with their first 5 game win streak since 2014. Really? Sad.

This frees me up to do some minor things, like write my thesis.

Here's to a new GM! :beer: And an off-season way better than last year's! :beer: :beer: And maybe some good UFAs leaving other teams in the Metro this summer! :beer: :beer: :beer:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:04 pm 
Big in Japan

I can't imagine Snow survives the offseason. New owners have no attachment to him and I bet they'll want a big name.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:55 pm 

E.L. wrote:
I can't imagine Snow survives the offseason. New owners have no attachment to him and I bet they'll want a big name.

That's the chatter on all Isles pages. I'm surprised people aren't bringing actual pitchforks & torches.

But what big name is out there? Isles fans are full of "Fire Snow" talk, but when asked who they'd like to see replace him you get a lot of "anyone!". Some want Weight fired, mainly for his terrible PP the last 3 years, but others point to him having the Isles at something like 2nd or 3rd best 2nd half in the league, while over-using Greiss during Halak's banishment, and wonder why you'd fire a guy who's doing that good of a job.

I have no idea what GMs are out there, but I hope Snow doesn't survive the off-season. The last one was the biggest of his career, and I'll give him the acquisitions of Ladd & Chimera weren't as bad as they seemed while Capuano was still at the helm, but the signing & waiving of Parenteau was unforgivable to me. Keeping Pulock in the minors while the Isles were short on D & he was tearing up the AHL, banishing Halak to Bridgeport while keeping the horribly struggling Berube in the NHL... This year was a shit show overall. Supposedly Weight pressured Snow to bring Halak back up, after Halak had a .931 save % for like a month. That's bullshit, to fuck the team and exhaust Greiss, just to prove a point to a guy who has another year on his contract. They can't re-sign Berube. He hasn't done shit to show he deserves it. No calls to Okposo, Martin or Nielsen was bullshit. You at least call and see what they want. Not hope like hell that Stamkos makes it to UFA Day. That was stupid and unprofessional.

I could go on. I won't. I hope Snow is fired, and for years I defended him. Time is up. A new GM would do this team well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:30 am 

4-2 win over Ottawa in their final game. Six game winning streak. ONE POINT OUT OF A PLAYOFF SPOT. ONE FUCKING POINT.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:27 pm 

Ho-Sang, Pelech & Jones returned to Bridgeport to help with their playoff push. They're currently 1 point out (oh the irony) with 2 games to go. Note- Why the hell does the AHL have a 76 game season??? So weird!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:25 pm 
Big in Japan

Isles might also bring this dude back: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=127575

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:56 am 

E.L. wrote:
Isles might also bring this dude back: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=127575

Yay. Another 7-12 forward. That's what they need!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11