OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:06 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Huge win over Philly, 3-1. Greiss was great, making several awesome saves, while totally looking like he was watching a movie, he was so calm.

1 point behind the Flyers now, but with 3 games in hand on them.

Halak is 8-1-1-1 (1 OTL, 1 SO loss). 23 goals allowed in 11 games, with a .924 save %. Maybe he'll bring some trade interest as the deadline approaches. Or, be a damn good guy to call up to replace Berube, who hasn't exactly been great.

Isles at Ottawa on Saturday & Avs at Isles Sunday.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:47 pm 

3-0 loss to the Senators. Andersen was pretty good for Ottawa, but the Isles never really tested him. First lackluster game under Weight. Back at it tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:32 am 

5-1 win over Avs after being down 1-0. Sorry Tommy, but the Isles needed that one.
Former Isles Blake Comeau got into it with Shane Prince. Twice. Weird. Comeau hit Seidenberg and it looked bad/from behind on the original camera angle, which was similar to the one Prince could see from, but a second angle showed it to not be bad at all. Prince wasn't letting it go though. Kind of good to see a guy like him sticking up for his team mate, even if it wasn't really warranted. :lol: Of all people, Comeau should be used to seeing Isles stick up for team mates. The hit on him lead to all the brawls with the Pens years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:16 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Eh, at this point the Avs winning or losing makes no difference. They're so far behind everyone else it's a foregone conclusion who holds dead last.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:14 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
Eh, at this point the Avs winning or losing makes no difference. They're so far behind everyone else it's a foregone conclusion who holds dead last.

On the bright side, Nolan Patrick should improve them. :) I was looking forward to him on the Isles not too long ago. Or, they may pull off some good deadline moves to speed the recovery period. They've got tons of talent, but just seem totally deflated. When they scored first against the Isles I thought they continued to carry the play. Until the Isles scored, and then the Avs seemed to go into "here we go again" mode. That's coaching.

Isles-Leafs tonight. Battle for 9th place. :viking:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:55 pm 

Holy shit sandwich. 7-1 loss to the Leafs. Glad I missed this one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:06 am 

Rangers tonight, with Halak & Pulock still in the minors, where they're tearing shit up. Probably lose by a touchdown.
I can't figure out why Pulock is in the minors. He's been great, while several Isles d-men have struggled.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:55 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Nice win. Wild card race in the East is going to be intense.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:52 pm 

hammer wrote:

Sure is! Every time I think a team is done and out, they go on a real run to get back into it, and that includes the Isles. And the Rangers are so far ahead, it's really only the WC2 spot that is up for grabs.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:16 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
hammer wrote:

Sure is! Every time I think a team is done and out, they go on a real run to get back into it, and that includes the Isles. And the Rangers are so far ahead, it's really only the WC2 spot that is up for grabs.

Cool story bro.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:15 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
Cool story bro.

:lol: Thanks!
And keeping with it- Isles split a home/home with the Devils. Devils aren't so far out that anyone can forget about them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:40 pm 

Isles start a franchise high 9 game road trip tonight at Detroit. The road has not been kind to them so far (7-13-4) vs home (20-8-6). 17 of their remaining 24 games are on the road, so they'd better figure out road wins now.

The 9 game road trip:
Detroit 2/21
Habs 2/23
CBJ 2/25
Stars 3/2 (why the big break?)
Blackhawks 3/3 (to then have a back to back?)
Calgary 3/5
Oilers 3/7
Canucks 3/9
Blues 3/11

Then a home/away vs the Hurricanes 3/13-3/14.

There are rumors the Isles are really interested in Duchene (who isn't?), but that Sakic wants something along the lines of Hamonic, Dal Colle & a 1st round pick. I like Duchene and think a change of scenery would do him well, but that's just too much. I think the Isles big deadline deal is going to be bringing Halak back up. He's been great since accepting that he's in Bridgeport. The Sound Tigers have jumped from 6th to 3rd, winning something like 15 of their last 18 games. Halak now has a 0.931 %, and is 13-1-1-2 (wins, regulation loss, OT loss, SO loss). I think it's safe to say he's found his game.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:06 am 

3-1 win vs the Red Wings. Sorry RW & Bosc, but the Isles needed that one. I hoped that win would catapult the Isles into WC2, but I'd forgotten how tight the Atlantic is. Still in 10th behind the Panthers (?!?!?!) and Bruins. And 7 other teams. :lol:
Looks like it could very well come down to the last game of the year for the WC2 spot.
Habs tomorrow. Read in a few places that they hired Julien so quickly because the Isles were making him an offer. I don't know if Weight is a long term answer, but the team looks a lot better under Weight than they did under Capuano, even though he hasn't made huge changes.

Cizikas left the game vs the Red Wings with what could be a broken thumb. He went to shoot and a RW defender got his stick out to block the shot, catching Cizikas' thumb between the sticks. Clutterbuck also left the game, but I missed most of the game and have no idea what happened to him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:07 pm 

Reports abound that the Isles have had a scout at the last few Oilers games. RNH or Eberle?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:34 pm 

If the Oilers are eyeing Hamonic and are willing to offer up RNH (I'm sure additional pieces would be involved somehow) I don't think that'd be a bad idea. I'd be shocked if they gave up Eberle though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:47 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
If the Oilers are eyeing Hamonic and are willing to offer up RNH (I'm sure additional pieces would be involved somehow) I don't think that'd be a bad idea. I'd be shocked if they gave up Eberle though.

Hamonic is hurt though. That may be all that's keeping him on the Isles.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:18 am 
Big in Japan

Isles shutout the listless Habs 3-0. Weber on the ice for the empty-netter.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:57 am 

E.L. wrote:
Isles shutout the listless Habs 3-0. Weber on the ice for the empty-netter.

I missed the Hab's first disallowed goal. Saw the 2nd, which was punched in and agree it shouldn't have been a goal. Must have been really deflating for the Habs. Sorry Habbers, but the Isles needed those 2 points more than you, especially with the Rangers/Leafs being a 3 point game. And no, I don't see the Isles catching the Rangers or CBJs. I'm just annoyed the fucking Rangers couldn't beat the Leafs in regulation. Assholes. And, while I'm on the subject- anyone else have a problem with Lundqvist wearing pads that don't match the Rangers blue? They're mysteriously, kinda, sort of.... CREASE BLUE. Brilliant, but semi-cheating. Smart man. If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying.

Anyway. Great game for Beauvillier, getting his 6th goal and it turned out to be the game winner. Awesome return to his home town. The Isles sent him on the ice first for warm ups and let him take 2 laps alone. :lol: Then he got the 1st star. Well done kid. :Butch:

CBJ on Saturday.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:00 pm 
Big in Japan

James Dolan is trying to help the Isles get that new barn in Queens. Haha of course he is.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -islanders

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:07 pm 

7-0 loss to the CBJ. Someone needed to tell the Isles that game counted. WTF? Now a few days off to think about it. Or make trades. buy or sell? Too close to tell.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next