OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:08 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Last time Isles won a playoff round: 92-93
Last time the Panthers won a playoff round: 95-96

One of those teams is about to break a major futility streak.

Holy fuck. I didn't realize the Panthers hadn't won in that long! Vanbiesbrouck & Fitzpatrick as the goalies! At least one 20 year old streak will be broken. Please, oh please, let it be the Isles for fuck's sake.

Two former Isles goalies on the Panthers now. Luongo is probably still pissed at the Isles. Montoya should be thanking them for reviving his career. Hopefully he plays Friday night and the Isles remember his weaknesses.

By the way, some notes on Barclays Center, in no order at all.
The "signature scent" is like fucking gross. Gave us all headaches. And yes, this is a real thing: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... -like.html It's pretty similar to NY-Italian cologne over-dose, but, slightly different. And you literally get waves of it when the ventilation system kicks in. Kind of like walking past a group of guidos back in 1991.
Parking is a motherfucker. We drove around for 15 minutes (one-way streets are a pain in the ass down there), but eventually found free parking on the street. But it's a good thing we got out when we did because some asshole was about to "push" our brand new car with his to get into the tight spot in front of us. This is common practice on NYC streets, and exactly what I was worried about. We told him to wait minute & we'd move out.
I was surprised by how well the human "traffic" moved inside. Other than in the team store. Fuck that place. 2 people can't walk opposite ways without knocking over a rack.
I was really surprised that they let people into part of the broadcasting area. Where Shannon Hogan does her intermission talks, is open to anyone to walk up next to. My girls really like her & got to meet her & take a photo. That was nice.
The seats are fucking steep! Yes, monetarily, but also physically. My younger daughter was afraid she was going to roll down. The seats also go high as the clouds. We were probably 20 seats from the back, and we were just over the scoreboard. Couldn't see the fans at the top of the other side.
The staff were really nice.
That scent though. Ooofa.
And yes, I'm very bitter about going to an NHL game to see the Sound Tigers play. But that's Capuano's fault, not Barclays.

So yeah, playoffs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:53 am 

Dal Colle done in juniors, and will make his debut with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers tonight. :mulletbutch:

Devon Toews has signed his ELC and was supposed to make his way to Bridgeport according to early reports, but now it's thought he'll finish the school year at Quinnipiac and join the Sound Tigers then, if they're still in the playoffs. I can't see a kid going from not playing hockey for a month jumping into an AHL playoff game. Sound Tigers are a wild card and would be facing the Marlies in the first round, so it's unlikely they'll be playing then anyway. All because of some stats nerd helping the Marlies so much...

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:56 am 

2015 4th round pick, Parker Wotherspoon, has signed an ELC. His brother has had a few cups of coffee with the Flames.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:00 am 
King of the One-Liner

Dal Colle was almost invisible against the Ice Dogs in the OHL playoffs given his age and experience at that level found it rather shocking and thought maybe he was hurt. But doubt they would have called him up to the AHL if that was the case so not sure what to make of how he was playing. Good news on the Islander front is Ho-Sang has been showing signs of playing somewhat coach approved hockey and this playoff run the Dogs are on is the first time I've seen a hint of it out of the him.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:45 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
Dal Colle was almost invisible against the Ice Dogs in the OHL playoffs given his age and experience at that level found it rather shocking and thought maybe he was hurt. But doubt they would have called him up to the AHL if that was the case so not sure what to make of how he was playing. Good news on the Islander front is Ho-Sang has been showing signs of playing somewhat coach approved hockey and this playoff run the Dogs are on is the first time I've seen a hint of it out of the him.

Sask said Dal Colle didn't look near NHL ready in his AHL playoff games either. Not sounding good. He was a beast for most of the season. Maybe it's a kid thing, and he gets tired over the season? Although 2 years ago he captained his team to the Memorial Cup, so that doesn't make sense. I don't know. Fucking kids.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:30 pm 
King of the One-Liner

He did light up his first round match up though so maybe just a case of a team having his number.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:12 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
He did light up his first round match up though so maybe just a case of a team having his number.

Hopefully.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12