OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:29 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Av-merican wrote:
The more I look at that third jersey, the more I hate it. It's both too plain and horribly gaudy at the same time. Not sure how they managed to do that, but they did.

Did Brock Nelson sign by the deadline?

Believe me, you're not alone on the turd jersey assessment. I'd say 80% of Isles fans HATE it. So much for all of Yormark's research & guarantees to keep it respectful of the Isles history and ensure Isles fans would like it.

Yes, Nelson signed. 3 years, $7.5 total, increasing from $1.5 to $2.5 & $3.5 million. Supposedly Nelson himself wasn't holding out as much as his agent was. But the agent was just doing his job. Supposedly there was a 2 year offer & a 7 year offer- both for less/year than Nelson got. So maybe it worked against the Isles a little. He's still a good player for that money though. And he's going to start the year on LW.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:04 am 

More info coming out about Ho-Sang. He said he usually relies on a hotel wake up call or a room mate to wake him up, neither of which happened. What the fuck? Who in 2015 relies on a hotel wake up call??? He doesn't know how to use the alarm app on his phone? I was hoping this kid would prove everyone wrong but he sure as hell isn't now.

He also said Snow "basically told me to never do it again". Uh, yeah. That's a plan kid.

Zidlicky was quoted saying the Isles have a good chance at the Cup. I know he's got to say that or nothing, but I'd go with nothing with those choices.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:30 pm 
Big in Japan

Excuses from Ho Sang. Set an alarm, bro.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:56 pm 

Tavares was asked about the Isles new 3rd jerseys and replied "they're better than our last black ones. Those were tough." Hardly the endorsement the new merchandising dept were looking for. :lol:

Tavares also said he doesn't know what a hipster is. I call bullshit on that! He's just trying to be nice to them in hopes that they fill the building, buy him a PBR after games, and claim that they were his fan before anyone else even knew about him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:21 am 

Split squad split. Isles A team wins (3-2) in Brooklyn while the B team loses (5-3) in PA.
A team gets goal/assist from Lee & Tavares. Goal from Petrov was very nice.

Isles banners were not supposed to move over to Barclays due to lack of room in the rafters, but fan complaints have forced the Barclays folks to figure out places for them. Opening night they'll be unveiled. Watch them be black & white. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:52 pm 

Isles bring in former Caps GM George McPhee as a special advisor to Snow. Not only is new majority owner Ledecky McPhee's former boss in Washington, he was Snow's first agent back before he was a GM. Well, before either was a GM.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:18 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
Isles bring in former Caps GM George McPhee as a special advisor to Snow. Not only is new majority owner Ledecky McPhee's former boss in Washington, he was Snow's first agent back before he was a GM. Well, before either was a GM.

Hmmmm...don't like that move at all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:46 pm 
Big in Japan

Av-merican wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Really? McPhee was a decent GM for a number of years. Never hurts to have another experienced set of eyes out there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:01 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

He was doing some scouting work for them. I guess he gave some good advice.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:39 pm 

Isles sent a bunch of guys to Bridgeport, including Beck (one of the Grabner returns) and Scott Mayfield, who played well in games 6 & 7 of the playoffs.

The only guy waived so far who didn't make it through was Kevin Poulin, who was claimed by Tampa Bay due to Vasiliilililiiliiivskiy's condition. Good luck Poulin. I hope time away from Dunham does you well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:38 pm 

Beauvillier (2015 1st round) and Dal Colle (2014 1st round) have been sent back to juniors. I thought they'd keep Dal Colle on something like the 9 game tryout. Oh well. As far as I know, the other 2014 1st rounder, Barzal, is still in camp.

In more typical "waaaaaah, they moved!" news, Isles fans HATE the new goal horn with a fiery passion. The old one was a fog horn, indicative of the LI lifestyle (lots of fog rolls in off the LI Sound). The new one is sponsored by one of the local train companies (too lazy to look it up), and is thus, a train whistle. Fans hate it. They don't like it. They don't want it. It's different, and symbolizes the move from LI to Brooklyn... Guess what kids? They moved from LI to Brooklyn! LI didn't want them badly enough, so you lost them to a 23 mile move. Get over it and follow along with the changing times, jerseys, goal horns, seat views, scoreboard location, lack of tailgating, etc. It's a new era, and if you don't like it, you should have helped keep them there, and of course, you should be glad they aren't in Seattle, Quebec, KC, Vegas, or any of the other places that would like to have a team. The on-ice team is finally good, so shut the fuck up and enjoy the games. :chris18:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:50 pm 
OTP Historian

They just moved locations on Long Island, right? So it's still Long Island?

:P

People get sensitive about that stuff, don't they?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:50 pm 

http://www.lighthousehockey.com/2015/9/ ... ining-camp

Dal Colle sent down, along with 2015 1st rounder Beauvillier.

Mathew Barzal (also a 2015 1st rounder), however, remains. Word has it Dal Colle wasn't terrible, but didn't do much to impress either.

Probably not a big deal either way. The Isles are now in a position where they don't have to rush prospects in the NHL like they clearly did with Bailey and Niederreiter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:50 pm 

Bosc wrote:
They just moved locations on Long Island, right? So it's still Long Island?

:P

People get sensitive about that stuff, don't they?

Just a little. :lol: They go fucking postal.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:51 pm 

Wow. The echoes in here have changing voices! :lol:

Chris18 wrote:
Beauvillier (2015 1st round) and Dal Colle (2014 1st round) have been sent back to juniors. I thought they'd keep Dal Colle on something like the 9 game tryout. Oh well. As far as I know, the other 2014 1st rounder, Barzal, is still in camp.

Av-merican wrote:
http://www.lighthousehockey.com/2015/9/29/9416031/michael-dal-colle-anthony-beauvillier-islanders-training-camp

Dal Colle sent down, along with 2015 1st rounder Beauvillier.

Mathew Barzal (also a 2015 1st rounder), however, remains. Word has it Dal Colle wasn't terrible, but didn't do much to impress either.

Probably not a big deal either way. The Isles are now in a position where they don't have to rush prospects in the NHL like they clearly did with Bailey and Niederreiter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:10 pm 

That last post wasn't making it past the kitchen counter, so I couldn't read it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:13 am 

Now Halak is day-to-day with the dreaded Upper Body Injury (UBI), and Bernier and soon to be sent down Leblanc are out 1-2 weeks with UBIs. Thomas Hickey is out 4 weeks with a UBI. This isn't horrible in its own right, but Capuano is hinting they'll use Brian Strait to replace Hickey. Strait is horrible in his own right. Ryan Pulock is still with the team, but Capuano has used phrases like "It's good that Ryan's still with us right now to get some tips from our coaches.", and "Strait's been a good soldier for us. A real warrior." When your team's coach sounds like Razz, the situation is only going downhill. There's speculation that Pulock is mainly being sent down and Strait replacing him because Hickey and Strait are lefties, so Strait could plug into the left side, whereas Pulock is a righty. Are hockey teams seriously going the route of baseball relief pitchers? Granted, I've never played at a high level, but I never cared if I played left or right, especially on D. If anything, I prefer the left side as a righty, because one-timers are easier. With Pulock's 105 MPH shot, that could be a perfect match. But instead, Capuano will insert fancy-stats nematode* Brian Strait. On the bright side, now Isles fans have on-ice things to complain about, rather than location, jerseys, horns, commutes, etc.

*This is a real nerd joke. Nematodes being little critters that, despite living underneath the soil, ie., ground level, seem to make a fine living for themselves. I said it was a real nerd joke.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:58 pm 

Isles fans win their battle against Yormark/Barclays over the goal horn issue. http://www.lighthousehockey.com/2015/10 ... t#comments
However, Yormark sounded like a complete tool about it, essentially saying he doesn't like Isles fans taking to Twitter to let him know their opinions on everything. What's Twitter for then? Why be on it? And does he think he's better off sitting there not knowing why fans are pissed at all the new stuff?

Basically Yormark sounds like a new singer for an existing band. He wants to put his mark on it, stop playing the old hits, etc. He doesn’t seem to get that’s what MADE the band (or in reality- the Islanders) a hit with the fans to begin with. He’ll eventually figure out what earned the team this rabid fan base. Hopefully.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:12 pm 
Big in Japan

Remember when Yormark was president of the Panthers and he got into a Twitter fight with some random teenage girl? Good times.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 52793.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:56 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Remember when Yormark was president of the Panthers and he got into a Twitter fight with some random teenage girl? Good times.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 52793.html

I wasn't, but very interesting. What a tool. Him- not her. And she was 26, not a teen, for whatever that's worth. :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next