Finally figured out how to change this!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=372269

:shock: :shock: iiam:

I. I.

Ummmmmmm.

WHAT?????????????????????????????????????/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:48 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

It's like the continual uniform changes/additions...just when you think Wang has learned his lesson...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:24 pm 

Okay, here's my wish: The Isles sign Yashin, then trade him and Nabokov to the KHL team currently holding Kiril Petrov to his contract. KHL gets two of their home grown disgruntles, and the Isles get the player they drafted.

I know it won't/can't happen. But I can dream. It's better than the reality of them potentially bringing this schmuck back.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:11 pm 

According to Eklund the Habs, Pens & Sens have interest. I REALLY can't see the last one there. But at least the Isles have company in the "Are you fucking kidding me?" Department.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:37 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Chris18 wrote:
According to Eklund the Habs, Pens & Sens have interest. I REALLY can't see the last one there. But at least the Isles have company in the "Are you fucking kidding me?" Department.

Eklund deliberately tries to put up ridiculous rumors just to drive traffic. This is especially true in the summer offseason. He knows that putting a Yashin to Ottawa rumor will get his website hits, which makes him money, so he does it. 'According to Eklund' is meaningless if there is no other source. The guy is a joke and a scammer, but to his credit has been able to build it into a successful business. I actually used an app in firefox called blocksite to keep me from ever clicking on his stupid website again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:39 pm 
Big in Japan

Sigh, must we break this out again?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:52 pm 

If ever there was a snake oil salesman in the NHL, Gandler is that guy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:00 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Ah yes, the legendary cordial relationship between Ottawa and Yashin. And therefore, Jacques Martin, Pierre Gauthier and Yashin. Gauthier was GM of the Senators during his first contract holdout. Martin did see Yashin through some great times (including his Hart Trophy runner-up year), but was also there for the NAC donation debacle and the second contract holdout. Of course, Martin also had Yashin as his captain.

Martin had a chance to try and get Yashin as a free agent back in Florida and made no known attempts, so I doubt very much Montreal is in on this. Gauthier likely hates him more than Murray or Melnyk would.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:21 pm 

If Yashin comes back he might be sporting one of these:

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/8/ ... ersey.html

:doh:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:22 pm 
Big in Japan

The Isles already act like a minor league franchise, so they may as well look like the Philadelphia Phantoms.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:02 pm 

Screw you both. I like it. It's a total copy of when the Mets & Knicks have both worn black in the past 10 years. I liked those jerseys. There's only so much one can do with Orange & Blue.

But as J21 has pointed out many times- peoples' affinity for a colo(u)r scheme or jersey are directly proportional to their record or recent history.

If/when they move next to Citifield, they certainly won't be changing their colo(u)r scheme.

And I still don't care what the jersey looks like- Yashin doesn't get one. Unless he buys one of his old ones off hockeyoverstock.com for under $50, like anyone else can (but obviously nobody has).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:48 pm 

Confirmed by Dee Karl: Once again Yashin is skating at Isles practice facility on LI. Along with Miro Satan. :chris18:

Jason Blake is without a contract. I'd take him at $5 million over Yashin for free.