OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:53 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Av-merican wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
When is there an amnesty period?

There's just the grand hope by some teams that like when the cap was first instituted, there would be a short span of time wherein you could buy players out of bad contracts without any cap hit afterwards. It was how Slats got out of the terrible contract that was Bobby Holik without any undue consequences. Snow convinced Wang to jettison Yashin one year too late.

Sort of. It's not like the Isles haven't been able to sign a top flight UFA for Cap reasons. If anything, he helps them hit the floor. Along with Brendan Witt.

I can't see them having another amnesty period since the cap was already instituted. If they do it would be funny: A bunch of teams would just start over with dumb contracts.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:11 pm 

In an attempt to blow up Facebook with incredibly positive fan responses (/sarcasm) the Islanders have announced that Robo-Rick DiPietro is officially off the long term injured reserve list as of today.

Responses are along the lines of:
I give him 4 days til he's back on
lol he wil b bak on 2moro
He'll get a papercut tomorrow and be on again
he'll give himself a concussion answering the phone later today
cut him now please
He's still alive???
So Wang signed for a 10 year extension!
Over/under- 20 games into the season he's back on.

Aaaaaaaand so on... Amusing/depressing/honest. Sigh. This organization loves abuse. They should have kept it quiet. It's not like his name brings about joy with the fans.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:31 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
In an attempt to blow up Facebook with incredibly positive fan responses (/sarcasm) the Islanders have announced that Robo-Rick DiPietro is officially off the long term injured reserve list as of today.

lol he wil b bak on 2moro

:lol: Love that one.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 pm 

Looks like DP wants to test how good German doctors are:

Matt Stein ‏@xxstein13xx
Find it mind boggling that #Riessersee in the Germany league is interested in Rick #DiPietro! Did I miss something here lol?! #SMH #Isles

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:51 pm 

Ricky red light was BENCHED by his ECHL-like team in Germany for blowing leads in 2 straight games.

10 more years. Ya. Hoooo.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:29 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Ricky red light was BENCHED by his ECHL-like team in Germany for blowing leads in 2 straight games.

10 more years. Ya. Hoooo.

Word is he still hasn't played. And has denied reports that he had pulled his groin. So for the sake of saying he's not injured, he's saying he sucks so much he can't get ice time in an ECHL-level league in a month. Wow.

Come oooooooooooooooooon buyout!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:36 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

DiPietro...HE HAS RISEN!!!!

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/01/1 ... r-context/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:07 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:21 pm 

I'll be damned. Tim Thomas has officially been traded to the Islanders. Does this mean he'll play...?

EDIT: Never mind, just a cap move. The Isles were below the floor...?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:18 am 

Fuck me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:22 am 

Quote:
@camcharron: A hospital patient, a recluse and a Kazakh walk into a bar. The bartender asks which one is starting for the Islanders tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:11 am 
Old Man of the Post

Av-merican wrote:
Quote:
@camcharron: A hospital patient, a recluse and a Kazakh walk into a bar. The bartender asks which one is starting for the Islanders tonight.

:rimcrash:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:39 pm 

http://islanderspointblank.com/islanders/news-rick-dipietro-to-be-placed-on-waivers/

:Butch: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :Butch: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :viking: :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:45 pm 
Big in Japan

The answer to the thread question would appear to be no.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:56 pm 

E.L. wrote:
The answer to the thread question would appear to be no.

Well WE have all known that for a few years. It's about time the Isles see it that way!

Now I'm kind of pissed though. I've got tickets to a Bridgeport game on March 3. If they play him & lose I'm going to be livid!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:33 pm 

If anyone's curious, here's what a DP buyout would look like:

http://capgeek.com/buyout-calculator/?p ... uyout_d=15

Even if the compliance buyout rule that wipes out the cap hit weren't in effect, I'd still do it. The Isles and DiPietro need to move on.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:29 pm 

Av-merican wrote:

Even if the compliance buyout rule that wipes out the cap hit weren't in effect, I'd still do it. The Isles and DiPietro need to move on.

Sooner it's done the better. It's an organization that needs to put the Milbury years in the past. Although that could be hard, as the Canucks fans still have not forgotten the Neely trade and Milbury had 3 or 4 deals that were as epically bad.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:21 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

Sooner it's done the better. It's an organization that needs to put the Milbury years in the past. Although that could be hard, as the Canucks fans still have not forgotten the Neely trade and Milbury had 3 or 4 deals that were as epically bad.

Actually, it's the Wang years they need to put in the past. Not much of Milbury's mess remains.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:32 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

Actually, it's the Wang years they need to put in the past. Not much of Milbury's mess remains.

I beg to differ. DiPietro as a #1 pick that resulted in Luongo being traded for sweat socks, Yashin still on the books for Spezza and Chara. As long as these guys are around they'll always be a reminder to the fans. At least Vancouver fans were that way with Neely so I'll assume it will be the same for Isles.

Have the AV's ever made a once in a generation, organizational crippling trade you've had to live through? Off hand I can't think of one but I'm not that close to your team?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:51 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Fogghorn wrote:

Have the AV's ever made a once in a generation, organizational crippling trade you've had to live through? Off hand I can't think of one but I'm not that close to your team?

Ryan O'Rielly for Yannick Weber and Ryan White was a pretty bad one.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next