OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:08 am 
Tattoo of the Post

harmfuljays wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
The last I-Beam was put into the building yesterday. A bunch of the Dynasty players signed it. Very cool move.

https://www.nhl.com/islanders/news/islanders-beaming-at-ubs-arena-progress/c-319409260

This whole prolonged shit show is a head scratcher. Oh geez...I didn't see that some Russian lord is closing the colliseum. Damn that blatant East coast corporate corruption.

It's a real saga. Prokhorov owns the Nets, Barclays Center and after the Isles moved to Barclays, bought the Coliseum. That seemed a good thing at first, especially when they "renovated" the building (which was basically spray painting a turd gold- it was just adding a facade). The Coliseum was mainly to be used for concerts and shit at first, but now, the Isles will play out their last pre-Belmont year there, which is awesome.
I was excited for Barclays. I went there once. Once.... Took over 3 hours each way due to traffic. Sucked dog ass. I can get to the Coliseum in less than half that time. Belmont should be around 75-90 minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:09 pm 
Tattoo of the Post

Roof is almost done at Belmont. Supposedly on target for opening the 2021-2022 season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8