OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:03 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Forgoed is a very weird looking word.

But yeah, if I had the choice between missing a year of playing or signing an ELC, I'd sign that sucker quickly!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:43 pm 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:

Spellcheck on my phone refused to acknowledge it, but I was like, to hell with that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:50 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Spellcheck on my phone refused to acknowledge it, but I was like, to hell with that.

Not going to lie, I had to Google it to make sure it was real. :lol: I was like "forgoed? Forwent? For, WTF?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:29 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Y'know in all seriousness the chaos surrounding collegiate and junior sports right now is going to wreak havoc with a lot of NHL prospects. Right now we're seeing a lot of young players loaned to Euro clubs, most of whom have an NHL out clause. We're seeing NCAA conferences outright cancel football season, which is HUGE. They may be holding out hope for a truncated season for arena sports like hockey and basketball (NHL if of course hoping for the same). But if they decide to cancel hockey too, man, I wonder what a lot of these kids will do?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:41 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
Y'know in all seriousness the chaos surrounding collegiate and junior sports right now is going to wreak havoc with a lot of NHL prospects. Right now we're seeing a lot of young players loaned to Euro clubs, most of whom have an NHL out clause. We're seeing NCAA conferences outright cancel football season, which is HUGE. They may be holding out hope for a truncated season for arena sports like hockey and basketball (NHL if of course hoping for the same). But if they decide to cancel hockey too, man, I wonder what a lot of these kids will do?

Miss18.1 is going to a D3/Club school and they canceled all fall and winter sports months ago. They have a D3 football team. I know that's not in the same universe as the big D1 football schools, but it was a big deal to their small school.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:13 pm 
Big in Japan

When you're bad, offseasons tend to be your best moments, and that's no exception for the rebuilding Devils, who get Andreas Johnsson and Ryan Murray for not much, then sign Corey Crawford to replace the bought out Cory Schneider.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:04 pm 
Big in Japan

Devils add Kulikov for a song. Their lousy defence from a year ago is already looking a little better:

Murray-PK
Kulikov-Severson
Butcher-Walsh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:18 pm 
Big in Japan

Corey Crawford has missed three straight practices and media folk don't know what's up. Strange times for everyone, these guys included. I'm sure vets and family guys are wondering if it's worth playing right now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:20 pm 

So Corey Crawford retired at 36 after signing a 2 year, 3.9m aav deal with the Devils? If he retired, aren't they on the hook for his salary since he was over 35 when signing it?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:55 pm 
Big in Japan

Crow no longer counts against the cap but I don't understand why.

Meanwhile, Subban and Wood fought in practice. Wood has talent but he's coasted since the extension. Subban needs to become a leader because these kids are rudderless.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:41 am 

Think Crawford looked around at the team and was just like "fuck this. I'm going home."?

Maybe because he hasn't played any games for them his salary doesn't count against the cap? Only thing I can think of.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:48 pm 
Big in Japan

PK Subban played 30 mins tonight!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:40 am 

The Sabres have lost 11 straight. The Devils have lost 11 straight at home.

The Devils host the Sabres tonight. Someone's shitty streak is going to end. That's almost a shame.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:46 pm 

Chris18 wrote:

The Devils host the Sabres tonight. Someone's shitty streak is going to end. That's almost a shame.

The team everyone thought was going to lose...lost.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:01 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

The team everyone thought was going to lose...lost.

To quote Commandant Lassard "many many many times."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:00 pm 
Big in Japan

Major suitors in the Dougie Hamilton sweepstakes. Really a perfect landing spot: big city living without the pressure, PK's 9M heading out the door in a year, lots of young players coming up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:07 pm 

Dougie Hamilton gets fucking PAID. 7 years @ $9M aav. :shock: So much for a flat cap keeping salaries down.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:36 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Dougie Hamilton gets fucking PAID. 7 years @ $9M aav. :shock: So much for a flat cap keeping salaries down.

The stars getting paid is not the issue, it's when teams like New York and Calgary are paying through the nose for aging third liners like Goodrow and Coleman.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:39 pm 
Big in Japan

Two years, 4.5M AAV for Tomas Tatar. A great 5v5 player who's tenacious with the puck. The playoff scratches hang over him, and he had a down year, but I thought he was a great fit in Montreal most of the time he was there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:53 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

E.L. wrote:
Two years, 4.5M AAV for Tomas Tatar. A great 5v5 player who's tenacious with the puck. The playoff scratches hang over him, and he had a down year, but I thought he was a great fit in Montreal most of the time he was there.

I've always said that and will sorely miss him. I wish him the best of luck and wish we could have kept him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next