OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:03 pm 
Tattoo of the Post

Forgoed is a very weird looking word.

But yeah, if I had the choice between missing a year of playing or signing an ELC, I'd sign that sucker quickly!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:43 pm 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:

Spellcheck on my phone refused to acknowledge it, but I was like, to hell with that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:50 pm 
Tattoo of the Post

E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Spellcheck on my phone refused to acknowledge it, but I was like, to hell with that.

Not going to lie, I had to Google it to make sure it was real. :lol: I was like "forgoed? Forwent? For, WTF?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:29 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Y'know in all seriousness the chaos surrounding collegiate and junior sports right now is going to wreak havoc with a lot of NHL prospects. Right now we're seeing a lot of young players loaned to Euro clubs, most of whom have an NHL out clause. We're seeing NCAA conferences outright cancel football season, which is HUGE. They may be holding out hope for a truncated season for arena sports like hockey and basketball (NHL if of course hoping for the same). But if they decide to cancel hockey too, man, I wonder what a lot of these kids will do?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:41 am 
Tattoo of the Post

Pokecheque wrote:
Y'know in all seriousness the chaos surrounding collegiate and junior sports right now is going to wreak havoc with a lot of NHL prospects. Right now we're seeing a lot of young players loaned to Euro clubs, most of whom have an NHL out clause. We're seeing NCAA conferences outright cancel football season, which is HUGE. They may be holding out hope for a truncated season for arena sports like hockey and basketball (NHL if of course hoping for the same). But if they decide to cancel hockey too, man, I wonder what a lot of these kids will do?

Miss18.1 is going to a D3/Club school and they canceled all fall and winter sports months ago. They have a D3 football team. I know that's not in the same universe as the big D1 football schools, but it was a big deal to their small school.