OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:22 pm 

I like the Preds, great fans, great organization, friendliest message boards around, Trotz is fantastic. I actually like everything about them accept actually watching them. Oh well we'll give it a period and see what happens.

Lou in
Hansen back

And how did Hansen not get a penalty call after being pulled down on the partial break away

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:26 pm 

Crap, Preds looking like Chicago. All over the Nucks outshooting them 7-1 and out chancing about 5-1 so far. Good thing Lou is looking like sharp again.

Well at least it's not dull

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:39 pm 

16.5 minutes into the period and the Canucks register their 2nd shot of the game. Had a previous PP and ddin't muster a friggin shot on goal. You'd think they were trying to impersonate Calgary.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:13 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Pffft...I'm souring on the House that Poile and Trotz Built. They've effectively become the next Risebrough-era Wylde, a team with one star, good goaltending, and a bunch of speedy grinders who can't score.

It's obviously not all their fault--they've had to build a team on a budget--but the whole Radulov debacle seems to have convinced them that they should target grit and character over actual talent. I guess I'm just growing tired of these guys slogging out season after season, trading for skill right before the deadline, and then acting all surprised when that talent doesn't provide the necessary boost.

Anyway, glad they lost, even if it was the Nucks doing the winning.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:42 am 

In a game when the first forward to a get a shot on goal isn't until minute 2 of the second period it's hard to believe the Nucks won. Then again it's Nashville, it doesn't take many goals to win.

Would have been all over in the first if not for Luongo. We've got 5 out of 6 points this trip and if we had the goal tending of more than half the league it would be be zero points out of six. The team has just been bad.