OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:59 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

E.L. wrote:
Nervous about Game 5 tonight. Loser has their back against the wall.

Me too, but since game 5 of the Leafs series they have been on fire and have only lost 2 games, and responded well after the loss. Like all games in this series besides the first, it will be another one goal game with the Habs coming out on top.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:24 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Scott 679 wrote:
it will be another one goal game with the Habs coming out on top.

I thought the same about the Isles-Lightning Game 5. :chairshot:

Best of luck to the Habs!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:54 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Chris18 wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:
it will be another one goal game with the Habs coming out on top.

I thought the same about the Isles-Lightning Game 5. :chairshot:

Best of luck to the Habs!

True, and for the Isles, in all series they have won the first game lost the next two, then win the next three in very close games, so last night surprised me also.

As EL pointed out, I'm still nervous as who ever wins tonight will probably determine the series.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:59 pm 

Rumours are that Fleury goes back in nets. Not sure why that would be a good move

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:05 am 
Big in Japan

Best game Habs have played since OTP started, and maybe longer than that.

They had the Vegas guys smashing their sticks on the bench in disgust. A thorough beatdown. Nick Suzuki and Jesperi Kotkaniemi are Golden Gods.

Mark Stone looks like a baby out there. Totally dominated.

Habs have a chance to clinch the finals on Thursday at the Bell Centre on St-Jean Baptiste Day. Holy crap.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:51 am 

Why the hell did they go back to Fleury? Not that he was terrible, but Lehner was great after Fleury made a moronic gaffe. Lehner deserved that start. I don't think he'd change the outcome of that game with the way the Habs played, but I guess this is one of the perils of having 2 good goalies- everyone second guesses you after a loss.

Congrats Habs. Although I hope your team loses Game 6 because selfishly, I want to see 7 games of this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:44 am 
King of Men

This is incredible....working hard as a team...as a B's fan it is hard for me to root for the Habs (I even own a F**k the Habs shirt) but I think we temporarily exercised the ghosts back in 2011 and Montreal has had their 2 decades of shit so its acceptable to support them for now. Plus Montreal is probably my favorite city in NA.

I didn't give them a chance so its good to see an underdog...and a Canadian team on the cusp of the final once again.

Where is that Cole Caulfield wood thread?

Go Habs!

:bandwagon:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:16 am 
Big in Japan

Welcome to the bandwagon! No one in Montreal expected this either, so you're not alone.

No weak links in the chain right now except for the rarely used bottom defence pairing. The kids (Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Caufield) are amazing and the vets (Perry, Staal, Armia) are getting it done. Such a weird mix, this team.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:46 am 
OTP Clown

This team.

That game.

Wow.

Sad that Sask is a leaf now...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:55 am 
OTP Historian

Habs dismantled them. Complete team effort. That Danault short pass for the zone exit before he got smoked by Stone leading to the goal on the Suzuki pullup that drew 4 guys and all the attention from Staal...great hockey. Lobs of Habs forwards all over the backcheck.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:06 am 

They may not be the 93 team when it comes to OT, but that PK is magic right now. And the forward kids on this version are better than 93. Suzuki and Caufield = Hull and Oates anyone?

If the Finals become real, I'm heading to Mtl for some :beer: :viking: :snoop: and hopefully :rock:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:24 am 
OTP Clown

BCG wrote:
They may not be the 93 team when it comes to OT, but that PK is magic right now. And the forward kids on this version are better than 93. Suzuki and Caufield = Hull and Oates anyone?

If the Finals become real, I'm heading to Mtl for some :beer: :viking: :snoop: and hopefully :rock:

I'll likely be going with my son and crashing with a friend...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:01 pm 

Stinky wrote:
BCG wrote:

I'll likely be going with my son and crashing with a friend...

That would be a great experience to share with your son - how old is he?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:57 pm 
Big in Japan

Overtime again! :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:28 pm 

Holy crap! The Finals :beer:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:35 pm 
King of Men

:toot: Go Habs!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:46 pm 
Big in Japan

:snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:05 am 

Congrats! Enjoy the ride!!!

And cheer for the Isles to win tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:13 am 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

I am happy for our Montreal OTP fans. Well done Habs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:46 am 
Big in Japan

Where to begin. I'll rant more tomorrow, but Farber said it best: this team went from preposterous to improbable to inevitable.

Bergy had a great offseason, they started out strong, reached their limit with Julien, then went through an impossible 4-game a week condensed schedule. Everyone was hurt, everyone was tired and depressed, just trying to get to the playoffs.

But they had a good team, beneath the surface. They had gamers, rookies, vets and a goalie who basically skipped the regular season. They needed four games against the Leafs to get into gear, but they've been a team of Destiny since. No holes at forward, they've got 14 quality players. They have four warriors on defence. Bergy struck out with Alzner, but it didn't scare him from investing in Chiarot and Edmundson, two stay at home guys who skate and pass way better than they've ever been given credit for.

Suzuki and Caufield are superstars, full stop. Kotkaniemi is a bull, maybe not lottery guy but a winner who elevates his game when it counts.

Price and Weber still have it. I can't believe it. How many times have we left them for dead. How many times have they looked dead? Weber has one working hand, doesn't matter. Price, man. A hero. A hero to indigenous kids across the country. Someone who has the most high pressure job in hockey and hardly breaks a sweat. This is his time.

Gallagher, Danault, Lehkonen. Warriors. Perry, Staal, Armia. Warriors. Anderson and Byron. Warriors. Toffoli, baby, thanks Benning.

28 years since 1993. 28 years, pretty much my whole life. This is one of the happiest moments of my life. LET'S FUCKING GO!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next