OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:19 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

That was a fun game to watch!

Both underdogs get the road split and head home. :viking:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:40 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Literally all four teams are seven wins away from the Stanley Cup. Unreal.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:09 pm 
Big in Japan

Coach out with positive COVID test. Whoops.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:05 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

E.L. wrote:
Coach out with positive COVID test. Whoops.
All the players know what they have to do at this stage.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:21 pm 
OTP Clown

Heh.

Ando.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:36 am 
Big in Japan

Joshy boy coming through!

Also, how about Corey Perry's bloody nose? Chris Lee shouldn't be reffing in the third round, went as well as you think.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:48 am 

The Juggernaut! and maybe an assist to the Ghosts?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:49 pm 

Sorry Habs fans, but with Lehner in, I am rooting for the Knights tonight. Plus, I want this to be a long series since it's fun to watch.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:56 pm 
OTP Clown

What do you like about him?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:50 pm 

Looks like we're headed for that long series. Lehner looked pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:04 am 
Big in Japan

Two games officiated by Chris Lee is two too many.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:25 am 

Stinky wrote:

About Lehner? He admitted his problems and got help, then spoke out about mental health issues and addiction. He's helped a lot of people admit their own problems and seek help after he did that. He was great for the Isles and you could see the team loved the guy. I wish they had brought him back but they moved on to Varlamov, who has been great, but has no personality. Lehner was a fun guy to watch. His year on the Isles he was great in the game where they clinched a playoff spot and when interviewed on the ice after the game thanked the fans and screamed "fucking playoffs baby!" into the mic and the crowd cheered along with him. He brought some fun and good memories. And it was great to watch a guy who had been given shit by other GMs totally resurrect his career on Misfit Island. He talked about how he went for an interview with another team's GM and the GM gave him shit about his mental health and addiction issues, basically shaming him. He had some great interviews and resulting interviews. You should look for some of them.

I also love him for things like this tweet-
Robin Lehner- "I got here 2 hours early so I could watch you guys talk shit on Twitter, to motivate me."

I know you probably don't like him right now, but from a series outsider, that is awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:17 am 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:

Yep....the NHL is going to have to clean this up eventually. I think I mentioned in the B's/Isles thread that they need to decide whether they want these guys to ref or game manage.

Unfortunately that guy doesn't do either well.

Its too bad I was sitting there thinking with 10 minutes left maybe the Ghosts really have something....well not as much as the Vegas lines!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:11 am 
OTP Clown

Chris18 wrote:
Stinky wrote:

About Lehner? He admitted his problems and got help, then spoke out about mental health issues and addiction. He's helped a lot of people admit their own problems and seek help after he did that. He was great for the Isles and you could see the team loved the guy. I wish they had brought him back but they moved on to Varlamov, who has been great, but has no personality. Lehner was a fun guy to watch. His year on the Isles he was great in the game where they clinched a playoff spot and when interviewed on the ice after the game thanked the fans and screamed "fucking playoffs baby!" into the mic and the crowd cheered along with him. He brought some fun and good memories. And it was great to watch a guy who had been given shit by other GMs totally resurrect his career on Misfit Island. He talked about how he went for an interview with another team's GM and the GM gave him shit about his mental health and addiction issues, basically shaming him. He had some great interviews and resulting interviews. You should look for some of them.

Robin Lehner- "I got here 2 hours early so I could watch you guys talk shit on Twitter, to motivate me."

I know you probably don't like him right now, but from a series outsider, that is awesome.

I obviously only pay attention to the Habs and leafs...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:12 am 
OTP Clown

harmfuljays wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Yep....the NHL is going to have to clean this up eventually. I think I mentioned in the B's/Isles thread that they need to decide whether they want these guys to ref or game manage.

Its too bad I was sitting there thinking with 10 minutes left maybe the Ghosts really have something....well not as much as the Vegas lines!

I still like Price in a best of 3.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:19 am 

Stinky wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Stinky wrote:

I obviously only pay attention to the Habs and leafs...

Understood. I pay attention to the Isles and some of the stuff you guys post on here. :lol: I posted a fair amount about Lehner in the Isles forum when that season started (18-19?) but I think you were on an OTP hiatus during that time so you were doubly unlikely to have seen it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:33 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Stinky wrote:

Thanks man... now I like him too :argh:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:35 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
E.L. wrote:

The Ghosts took the red eye to Vega$. Oops.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:24 pm 

BCG wrote:
Thanks man... now I like him too :argh:

Sorry! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:53 pm 
Big in Japan

Nervous about Game 5 tonight. Loser has their back against the wall.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next