OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 12:25 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Not sure what Bergevin was thinking on that goaltender interference challenge. It wasn't even close.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 12:36 am 
Big in Japan

Logical Progression wrote:
Not sure what Bergevin was thinking on that goaltender interference challenge. It wasn't even close.

Officially, Bergy, the video coach, John Sedgwick, Sean Burke and the coach were all on board. A light interference call went down in Vegas tonight, so maybe they were inspired.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 12:54 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

E.L. wrote:
Officially, Bergy, the video coach, John Sedgwick, Sean Burke and the coach were all on board. A light interference call went down in Vegas tonight, so maybe they were inspired.
Seemed like a panic move.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 1:49 am 
Big in Japan

E.L. wrote:
Seemed like a panic move.

It was a bad move. Seemed unlikely it was going to be reversed.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:17 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Kotkaniemi is immensely talented but he’s not going to have a long NHL career unless he gains some awareness regarding the physical nature of the game. Hyman nearly killed him there.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 2:23 pm 

I was remembering the Gallagher no goal against Ottawa and watching the Vegas no goal while the play was being reviewed. So I was thinking "They're all over the map when it comes to goaltender interference, and they're calling everything on Montreal, so why not challenge." I was also thinking "No way they'll make such a dicey call against Toronto."

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 11:28 pm 
Big in Japan

Damn. Puck on Caufield's stick in primo scoring position with seconds left and stupid Holl slides in and blocks it. Gonna have nightmares about that third.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:22 am 
King of the One-Liner

E.L. wrote:
Damn. Puck on Caufield's stick in primo scoring position with seconds left and stupid Holl slides in and blocks it. Gonna have nightmares about that third.

Slides in face first...guys with mullets man.

On the Leafs side big credit to Campbell as Price should be stealing this series right now with the way he is playing but Campbell is the one that is not letting that happen as he has been almost as good.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 6:31 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Slides in face first...guys with mullets man.

On the Leafs side big credit to Campbell as Price should be stealing this series right now with the way he is playing but Campbell is the one that is not letting that happen as he has been almost as good.

Holy shit is that true. Price is on top form, but fuck, Campbell is better than his Chunky soup.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:15 pm 

No mas

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:49 pm 
Big in Japan

:fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck: :fffffuck:

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:22 am 
OTP Clown

dis team impotent

Used to be important.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 1:00 pm 
Big in Japan

Rage rosterbated last night after the game. Heard the Caps are unhappy with Kuznetsov and their RD situation is lacking. How about Weber for Kuz? Allows McMichael to come in, gives them a leader to go for it again. Habs can better slot their centres, although they're admittedly getting a guy on the backslide.

Next: Drouin for Dumba. Wild can't protect him in the expansion draft. Habs get their puck mover. JD gets a fresh start. Easy peasy.

Finally: Price to Edmonton for Klefbom's repaired shoulder, Koskinen to offset, picks and prospects. Oilers might not be able to pull this off, but C'mon, you know they'll be big game hunting this offseason. Habs immediately buy out Koskinen, bail out one of many teams prepping to lose a goalie in the expansion draft. Maybe they get Vanecek in the Weber deal? This one I haven't fully thought through.

Oh, right, there's still Game 5...

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 1:29 pm 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Rage rosterbated last night after the game. Heard the Caps are unhappy with Kuznetsov and their RD situation is lacking. How about Weber for Kuz? Allows McMichael to come in, gives them a leader to go for it again. Habs can better slot their centres, although they're admittedly getting a guy on the backslide.

Next: Drouin for Dumba. Wild can't protect him in the expansion draft. Habs get their puck mover. JD gets a fresh start. Easy peasy.

Finally: Price to Edmonton for Klefbom's repaired shoulder, Koskinen to offset, picks and prospects. Oilers might not be able to pull this off, but C'mon, you know they'll be big game hunting this offseason. Habs immediately buy out Koskinen, bail out one of many teams prepping to lose a goalie in the expansion draft. Maybe they get Vanecek in the Weber deal? This one I haven't fully thought through.

Oh, right, there's still Game 5...

Bahaha I sent you the Price to Oilers for Koskinen+Neal tweet before I even saw this!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 1:50 pm 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:
Bahaha I sent you the Price to Oilers for Koskinen+Neal tweet before I even saw this!

I can see the Oilers wanting Price despite his cap hit, but I can't imagine just salary offsets will get it done from Montreal's perspective. Lavoie?

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:19 pm 

If the Habs do indeed move on from Drouin and Danault, will the fans freak out by the lack of Quebecois representation or is that not really a big deal anymore?

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:22 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
If the Habs do indeed move on from Drouin and Danault, will the fans freak out by the lack of Quebecois representation or is that not really a big deal anymore?

It would be a big deal. They would have to sign Savard et al

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 5:03 pm 

E.L. wrote:
It would be a big deal. They would have to sign Savard et al

Oh Christ that'd be redundant as hell. :laugh:

Not much on the FA market unless there's a prominent player there who happens to be from QC with an Anglo name. Chiasson would be a rather inexpensive depth move but that probably wouldn't be enough. Likely gonna have to be a trade of some sort. Maybe Bergy can see if he can pry away Beauvillier from Lou--at least then there'd be less chance of people butchering his name.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 5:07 pm 

On the Leafs side--Avs fans on HF could not wait to see Alexander Kerfoot go even though he was a fantastic cheap depth pickup for a team that had none to speak of at the time. Good two-way player with great analytics and able to pot in a few goals. He's doing great at center between Galchenyuk and Nylander. Normally I'd say Kerfy is a better winger working off that half-wall than he is a center, but I think working with a playmaking winger with the talent that Big Willie Style brings is working in droves. Steve Burtch on Twitter argued that the line probably works better with Kerfoot than it would with Tavares because Kerf is almost always going to defer the shot to those other guys, whereas JT probably wouldn't nearly as often. Just a thought. Either way, he's proving his worth, and it's a grand irony that now, Avs fans can't wait to see Nazem Kadri go. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:34 pm 
Big in Japan

Gus in to fix the power play. Kulak out. Merrill still in, am I crazy or has he been lousy? Tentative and getting beat?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next